Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

why does everyone have READ on a line with Giroux and Scoracek?

I have a simple question. every post I read it has Read on a line with giroux and scoracek. why is this?
    In my opinion giroux could use a body like hartnell to help protect him a bit plus they have good chemistry. voracek had 1 nhl fight and it came at the aid of giroux. truthfully I would rather see simmonds on the line with giroux and scoracek on the 2nd line, maybe he can get schenn going scoring wise.

anyway It is a simple question to which I am confused about. remember were on the same team here so no need to get super hyper if you think I am wrong. just have a damn conversation.

vCash
    First off, this isn't an attack on you personally, but Scoracek is an awful nickname. It had to be said.

Secondly, I agree that I'd put a healthy Hartnell on the top line. I think he works well with Giroux, I think he opens up ice. That said, this season, he broke his foot, didn't have a training camp, and rushed back. He was slow and lumbering. He didn't skate well on that line and likely slowed them down. But he wasn't healthy.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Holy hell I know it is a terrible nickname. Saw it on Nhl 13 along with vanreimsnipe and hat-trick Kane. Neither here nor there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    First off, this isn't an attack on you personally, but Scoracek is an awful nickname. It had to be said.

Secondly, I agree that I'd put a healthy Hartnell on the top line. I think he works well with Giroux, I think he opens up ice. That said, this season, he broke his foot, didn't have a training camp, and rushed back. He was slow and lumbering. He didn't skate well on that line and likely slowed them down. But he wasn't healthy.
    I think Hartnell can work there, if he's healthy and committed to standing in front of the net, fighting hard along the boards, and pulling the trigger whenever possible. He did score 37 goals with Jagr + Giroux, so there is a good reason to believe that (if healthy) he can be successful on that line. He just needs to play smarter than he did this season, some of which most likely is to be blamed on being injured and frustrated.

I also think it matters a great deal what role you want Voracek to play. If you want him to score goals (which he's proven that he's very capable of doing), then you need someone like Hartnell on the line. If you want Voracek to be an all-around playmaker, then someone like Read (who is a shoot-first speedster) might make sense.

I also think Gagne can work very well on that line -- Voracek and Giroux are both mature beyond their years, and having someone else on the line who understands and anticipates the play exceptionally well (as Gagne does) is a huge benefit. Hartnell (for better and worse) has never had that type of nuance to his game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by G-28 View Post
    I have a simple question. every post I read it has Read on a line with giroux and scoracek. why is this?
    In my opinion giroux could use a body like hartnell to help protect him a bit plus they have good chemistry. voracek had 1 nhl fight and it came at the aid of giroux. truthfully I would rather see simmonds on the line with giroux and scoracek on the 2nd line, maybe he can get schenn going scoring wise.

anyway It is a simple question to which I am confused about. remember were on the same team here so no need to get super hyper if you think I am wrong. just have a damn conversation.
    For sure, on principle alone the idea of Read with Voracek and Giroux is a bad idea. The classic hockey line formation of [Power Forward - Shooter - Playmaker] is a great foundation to go off of. Voracek and Giroux have to have either Hartnell, Simmonds, or even McGinn gets the duties of top line power forward done.

Putting a bunch of goal scorers together on 1 line almost never works except for the EA sports universe