Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 281
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Leafs
    Posts
    11,937
    vCash
    500
    Burke says that reimer is in good shape, and he's working to get stronger. Burke sounds like he is going to keep reimer in the net. Could just be talk but i think if Luo is too expensive i doubt the leafs are interested.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Leafs
    Posts
    11,937
    vCash
    500
    Bobby Mac was on TSN and talked about Schultz, he only brought up EDM as possible landing spots.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    2,963
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah Schultz most likely will go to EDM. Maybe not... who knows I am just happy with this deal


    Keep them both Nonis.


    Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.


  4. #94
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    25,683
    vCash
    1500
    If Kulemin is going to score 7 goals again (I doubt this happens) than yes i would be fine moving him in pretty much any major trade.

    You can be a great two way player but if your a ****** offensive guy, your not going to be highly valued at the NHL level or should be.

    I think Kulemin will be back to 18-25 goals next season though which is why I wouldnt move him

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    25,683
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    Much better than he did with the Leafs. I'm a big Schenn fan (even though I've been criticle of his struggles), hopefully he succeeds in Philly. 300+ games as a 22 year old is nice. Guy will play a lot of games in his career.
    Not sure why playing alot of games is beneficial at least in terms of expetations.

    1, He has expierenced more NHL wear and tear. While he is a durable player, much like in baseball or basketball or football, having more wear and tear on your body means future breakdown. I'm not saying this is incredibly likely but I would not be so surprised to see Schenn have some injury concerns earlier than other players his age.

    2, He has played over 300 games and yet is still not a very good player at the NHL level. This did (when he was a Leaf) concern me and it should concern Flyer fans. He's played so many games and yet really has made little progress. This raised concerns over his potential imo

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    1,218
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Im pretty sure it's done, they wouldn't break the story unless it was actually final.

    It's a good trade for the Flyers too - but I love it for us. We're a top center and goaltender away from being a playoff contender.

    Lou is next
    So are the rest of the non playoff teams.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30,767
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jrice9 View Post
    Not sure why playing alot of games is beneficial at least in terms of expetations.

    1, He has expierenced more NHL wear and tear. While he is a durable player, much like in baseball or basketball or football, having more wear and tear on your body means future breakdown. I'm not saying this is incredibly likely but I would not be so surprised to see Schenn have some injury concerns earlier than other players his age.

    2, He has played over 300 games and yet is still not a very good player at the NHL level. This did (when he was a Leaf) concern me and it should concern Flyer fans. He's played so many games and yet really has made little progress. This raised concerns over his potential imo
    I was just saying it because I didn't think he had that many games. It's impressive for a 22 year old. Nothing to do with his value at all haha I just found it interesting.
    "The way they play offense here is difficult for any quarterback," he said. "Every snap is an incredible decision. They're in a one-back offense, they can't run the ball against certain looks so they have to audible to some kind of a pass or a creative run to get away from trouble.
    "There's never a play in the game where Stafford can just turn around, hand the ball off and catch his breath. Every play he's researching the defense and they throw as much as anyone."


  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    2,963
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan View Post
    So are the rest of the non playoff teams.
    Lol who are you?


    Keep them both Nonis.


    Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.


  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    2,963
    vCash
    1500
    I was in the Flyers forum and they were pretty saying that they wanted more for JVR. Most of them said they will miss him and will be rattled if he lights it up in Toronto. I just think it's better for the Leafs because Schenn can be replaced... easily.

    I liked him a lot his rookie year and was stoked when we took him, then he dropped off this year a lot.

    Welcome JVR!!!!


    Keep them both Nonis.


    Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.


  10. #100
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Leafs
    Posts
    11,937
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    Lol who are you?
    He's saintsfan. Dont mess with him he may very well have a bounty on you head

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Leafs
    Posts
    11,937
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    I was in the Flyers forum and they were pretty saying that they wanted more for JVR. Most of them said they will miss him and will be rattled if he lights it up in Toronto. I just think it's better for the Leafs because Schenn can be replaced... easily.

    I liked him a lot his rookie year and was stoked when we took him, then he dropped off this year a lot.

    Welcome JVR!!!!
    I remember when ppl said that JVR >>>> Schenn, and that we'd have to add more to make this deal happen. so i think things worked out for us

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    1,218
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    He's saintsfan. Dont mess with him he may very well have a bounty on you head
    You have no proof. This is a good trade for both teams if jvr stays healthy.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    2,963
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Burke says that reimer is in good shape, and he's working to get stronger. Burke sounds like he is going to keep reimer in the net. Could just be talk but i think if Luo is too expensive i doubt the leafs are interested.
    I think you nailed it. I think Burke is playing hardball because he knows no other teams are hard for Luongo... so he knows Gillis may back down after Schneider is signed.

    But yeah Reimer apparently is "jacked" hahaha.


    Keep them both Nonis.


    Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.


  14. #104
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    2,963
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    I remember when ppl said that JVR >>>> Schenn, and that we'd have to add more to make this deal happen. so i think things worked out for us
    Yeah even months ago I said it'd be a good deal.

    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    He's saintsfan. Dont mess with him he may very well have a bounty on you head
    LOL what a mess of an organization right now. They haven't even signed arguably the best QB in the game yet.


    Keep them both Nonis.


    Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.


  15. #105
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Leafs
    Posts
    11,937
    vCash
    500
    WOOT! i just got my Calculus Finals mark back. I'm soo happy with how these last two days have gone lol

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •