Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    vCash

Schenn for JVR!!!!

It's a piss off enough having an overpayed guy in the box constantly and yet he still gets the 'A'. I personally don't see Gardiner as the future of the franchise. He's a solid offensive defenceman. Had Schenn been handled properly and not been placed under Wilson's guidance, we'd be looking at a cornerstone player. Teams that win championships have shutdown lines, that includes on the back end. Instead, now, we softened our blue line to gain offense. Again the Leafs rushed a high end player and essentially gave up to gain somewhere else for now.

Im glad we got a top player for our forward grpup, it's just getting old seeing prospects get mis handled and given up on. 29 other teams let their guys develop. Why can't we just build a core instead of cashing in our top prospects for someone else's projects?

vCash
    We drafted 2 excellent defencemen this year to solidify the back end, plus we have Holzer coming up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    No one is comparing their style of play...the only thing being compared is the fact Schenn was considered to be the future of the franchise and now Gardnier is being touted that way. I even remember some people say Schenn should have been given the "C" instead of Phaneuf. Could you imagine if Schenn and Komi were both in the press box as healthy scratches. Truculence
    I remember a Burke interview before the Phaneuf trade where he stated he thought Schenn was captain material down the road.

Truc.. truc.. truculenteeee!

vCash
    I think i move Gardiner now if his trade value is high enough to get a real impact goalie or forward. I really like Stewart (he's not a star) but he's one guy i would move Gardiner for if St.Louis demanded him.

Hopefully if Finn and Reilly pan out and reach their ceilings we could have a very good d core.

Phanuef - Franson (i still think he will be good)
    Reilly - Finn
    Holzer - Blacker/Percy

add in Gardiner (if not traded) hopefully and thats a pretty good top 4. We definatley lack that #1 (and on some nights when Phanuef is off his game) and #2 but that blue line will put up some serious points.

And yes, i purposefully left Liles off this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post
    I remember a Burke interview before the Phaneuf trade where he stated he thought Schenn was captain material down the road.

Truc.. truc.. truculenteeee!
    $20 bucks says he calls finn/reilly the next captain. I can hear it now...
    Last edited by OptiMized; 07-14-2012 at 12:04 AM.

vCash
    We're stuck in the middle with Gardiner right now. As Leaf fans we've seen enough busts to go around for 50 teams. But the kid looks amazing as far as potential goes. More so than a Schenn or any other rookie we've had maybe since Kaberle. He's a bust or he's a poor man's Paul Coffey. Hell of a gamble because you could look oh so stupid for moving him whether it's for an impact forward or not. He looks like he could be our first legit developed star since Kaberle. Then again that's just speculation. We'll see in time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    $20 bucks says he call finn/reilly the next captain. I can hear it now...
    I was upset with the Rielly pick because I wanted Forsberg and we had a glut of depth on D. That being said, I'm thrilled Rielly's in our system because he's a great prospect. But what pissed me off was when Burke said they had him ranked #1. I mean you pick Schenn at 5 (Burke didn't make that pick) and you see how this market ate him up. So to tell the media in this absolutely ******** market you had #1 overall expectations for the kid (Rielly) is so absurd a thing to do. Burke's mouth is a ****ing hazard.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    I think i move Gardiner now if his trade value is high enough to get a real impact goalie or forward. I really like Stewart (he's not a star) but he's one guy i would move Gardiner for if St.Louis demanded him.

Hopefully if Finn and Reilly pan out and reach their ceilings we could have a very good d core.

Phanuef - Franson (i still think he will be good)
    Reilly - Finn
    Holzer - Blacker/Percy

add in Gardiner (if not traded) hopefully and thats a pretty good top 4. We definatley lack that #1 (and on some nights when Phanuef is off his game) and #2 but that blue line will put up some serious points.

And yes, i purposefully left Liles off this
    That defence would get walked over against any of the physical teams in the East. The Flyers and Bruins would own them. You need to find a balance between puck moving d-men and physical shut down guys. Reilly should be 2 years away and I would bet Finn is 3 years. By that time Phaneuf will be a UFA and hopefully playing for another team. What about Gunnarsson?
    Last edited by Lavy16; 07-14-2012 at 12:48 AM.

vCash

Schenn for JVR!!!!

^^
    Exactly.
    We have too many offensive soft guys on the back end. Need a better mix of physical players. Even our forward group has little to no toughness.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Without Schenn do the Leafs have a physical d-man? Phaneuf and Komi were about 3 years ago. Who ever is playing in net is going to have many long nights with the other team's forwards in his face.

vCash

Schenn for JVR!!!!

Perfect example, Vancouver. One of the most skilled teams in the league but they have a hard time with teams in the playoffs. They're too soft. That's what the Leafs are looking like unless Burke adds not just size but gritty players that can control the pace of the game physically.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819