Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    vCash
    Can I be a source? I could give Ekund a run for his money when it comes to making peope laugh. Swear it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post
    Can I be a source? I could give Ekund a run for his money when it comes to making peope laugh. Swear it.
    LOL! My personal all-time favorite was:

I hear Toronto and Philly are close, but I'm told it's definitely NOT Schenn for JVR

Gibbons reaction to the Adam Lind trade

vCash
    ^
    I remember that now actually to think about it lol!

vCash
    Hey I'm just putting out info I find lol, it's a slow offseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T.O. RaPz--Le@F View Post
    Hey I'm just putting out info I find lol, it's a slow offseason.
    Wasn't blaming you More a dig on hockeybuzz and their joke of a "source".

Gibbons reaction to the Adam Lind trade

vCash
    Haha yeah, so many people try and claim **** over the internet these days.

vCash
    Btw, I'm rooting for Tannehill, but I hate that you traded away Marshall.

vCash
    I'm hearing from my source who will remain unnamed that he is in fact the same KingerSoxMaster from ProSportsDaily.com/forums.

I'm also hearing from that source that the Leafs are very close to making a blockbuster deal that would send Mike Komisarek, Matthew Lombardi, and Tim Connolly to Vancouver for Roberto Luongo and Ryan Kesler. Vancouver would then proceed to buy out all 3 contracts and Brian Burke would sign all 3 to almost the same contracts, keeping the Leafs salary at the same spot.

vCash
    ^^ My sources say the above is wrong... Van also sends a 1st.

"Hey Dad. Whatever. Keep cheering." - Mo' Riles

vCash

vCash
    To go back to the original topic for a second. I absolutely love this deal, did then and still do now. I have seen a little bit of hate on the trade but I see this as a no lose situation for us. I personally think JVR has a higher ceiling and could be special, I've always thought Schenn was a great 2nd paring D-man at best. I was honestly shocked to hear that Philly gave us JVR for just Schenn, I thought Schenn's stock was at an all time low coming off of last season. I think one more mediocre year of Schenn would have completely taken away any stock he may have potentially had, great move by Burke.

vCash
    Obviously if you're us you make that deal. JVR's a former second overall pick and at the draft last year he and Giroux were the reasons why Holmgren felt he could get away with dealing Richards and Carter. I think Luke Schenn and JVR will both benefit greatly from the change of scenery. End of the day tho, if JVR hits his ceiling or atleast what people project him to be then I think we win this trade hands down.

vCash
    Obviously if you're us you make that deal. JVR's a former second overall pick and at the draft last year he and Giroux were the reasons why Holmgren felt he could get away with dealing Richards and Carter. I think Luke Schenn and JVR will both benefit greatly from the change of scenery. End of the day tho, if JVR hits his ceiling or atleast what people project him to be then I think we win this trade hands down.
    Well said. I think Schenn will do well in that system, lord knows his confidence was shot here.

vCash
    ^
    Yeah.. ****ing Ron Wilson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo View Post
    To go back to the original topic for a second. I absolutely love this deal, did then and still do now. I have seen a little bit of hate on the trade but I see this as a no lose situation for us. I personally think JVR has a higher ceiling and could be special, I've always thought Schenn was a great 2nd paring D-man at best. I was honestly shocked to hear that Philly gave us JVR for just Schenn, I thought Schenn's stock was at an all time low coming off of last season. I think one more mediocre year of Schenn would have completely taken away any stock he may have potentially had, great move by Burke.
    Not totally true. You look at the type of player he is and his ceiling and then look at the system he was stuck having to play in. Of course his "stock" is seen as low, you could argue that JVRs' concussion dropped his value significantly. Schenn is going to flourish in Philly, hands down, I think he would have had a great year under Carlyle this coming season. But we needed that big skilled forward in JVR. Schenn was the price. The fact is it was a straight across trade is because that's what the players are worth, it was a hockey trade. We didn't win this deal, both teams win, we each got what we needed.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast