Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nets Gripes

vCash

Nets Gripes

Player: Aaron Williams
    Current Ratings: C+ C- D+ B C+
    New Ratings: C+ C D+ B B-
    Justification:
    For his outside rating, I think C- is a bit too low. 00-01 was a career year for him where he scored 10 ppg in 28 minutes. In addition his free throw percentage that year was 78.7% FBB uses the jump shot rating to determine how well a player shoots free throws, so I think Williams' jump shot rating should be upped a bit to correspond with his free throw rate. Also, by increasing the jump shot rating, his scoring will be improved to a 10 ppg/28 minutes level.
    For his rebounding rating, I think B- is more appropriate rating for him. He had a 19.2% defensive rebounding percentage and a 14.5 % total rebounding percentage which is above average for a big man. A B- rebounding level would be more in line with what the rest of the league is rated. (See Kurt Thomas, NYK, 18.9% DRB%, 14.6% TRB%)

Player: Kenyon Martin
    Current Ratings: B- C- C- B C+
    New Ratings: B- C- C- B+ C+
    Justification:
    Kenyon Martin in his prime was a one of the premier post defenders in the game. While 00-01 was his first year, he showed his defensive acumen immediately in the league. In 00-01, his block rate of 3.7% was top ten in the league, while posting 2.5 defensive win shares in only 68 games played. Bumping his defensive ratings, particularly that of post defense and blocking would make him more in lane with his real life 00-01 self.

Player: Stephon Marbury
    Current Ratings: C+ B B B- C-
    New Ratings: C+ B+ A- B- C-
    Justification:
    For his outside rating, shooting 33% on 5 3's per game while shooting 79% at the free throw line at 6.5 attempts per game in FBB ratings roughly correlates to a 60-65 in 3 point shooting and a 80-85 jump shot rating. Marbury in 00-01 averaged almost 23 points per game, upping his outside rating would correlate with that point output.
    For his handles rating, he averaged 7.6 assists per game with 2.9 TOs per game. While the TOs seem like a lot, they're really not when you consider that he played 38 minutes a game at almost a 30% usage rate clip. 7.6 assists per game is probably like a 75-80 passing rating while his handling rating should be from like 60-70. That's an A- rating.

Player: Kerry Kittles
    Current Ratings: C B+ C B C-
    New Ratings: C A- C A- C-
    Justification:
    His outside rating should be bumped. He shot 40% from 3s on 4.6 attempts while shooting 75% from FT line. In comparison, Vince Carter shot 40% from 3s on 5.2 attempts while shooting 76% from FT line. Vince has a A- rating, so should Kerry.
    For his defensive rating, it should be a A- because Kittles in his prime (00-04) had Drtgs of 101, 98, 99 as well as defensive win shares of 3.9, 3.4, 4.5. That is top echolon perimeter defending, deserving of a A-/high B+. Dude was a great perimeter defender that got matched up with the other teams best perimeter scorer very night on those teams rather than Van Horn/Jefferson.

Player: Keith Van Horn
    Current Ratings: C+ B C- B- C+
    New Ratings: C+ B+ C- B- C+
    Justification:
    In 00-01, Van Horn scored 17 points on 38% from 3's (3.5 attempts per game) and 80% from the FT line. Upping the outside rating to a B+ falls much more in line with that stat line.

Bird Years:
    Aaron Williams - 0
    Soumalia Samake - 0
    Evan Eschmeyer - 1
    Jim McIlvaine - 4
    Kenyon Martin - 0
    Jamie Feick - 1
    Keith Van Horn - 3
    Stephen Jackson - 0
    Johnny Newman - 2
    Kerry Kittles - 4
    Lucious Harris - 4
    Stephon Marbury - 4
    Sherman Douglas - 3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCool View Post
    Player: Aaron Williams
    Current Ratings: C+ C- D+ B C+
    New Ratings: C+ C D+ B B-
    Justification:
    For his outside rating, I think C- is a bit too low. 00-01 was a career year for him where he scored 10 ppg in 28 minutes. In addition his free throw percentage that year was 78.7% FBB uses the jump shot rating to determine how well a player shoots free throws, so I think Williams' jump shot rating should be upped a bit to correspond with his free throw rate. Also, by increasing the jump shot rating, his scoring will be improved to a 10 ppg/28 minutes level.
    For his rebounding rating, I think B- is more appropriate rating for him. He had a 19.2% defensive rebounding percentage and a 14.5 % total rebounding percentage which is above average for a big man. A B- rebounding level would be more in line with what the rest of the league is rated. (See Kurt Thomas, NYK, 18.9% DRB%, 14.6% TRB%)
    I'll up his jumpshot by 5 but that's it, he doesn't hit 3's and a C- for a guy with no 3pt shot is good. it still has him at c- but it's a borderline c-/c

and for his reb, i'll up his off reb cuz thats kinda low and that gets him to b-

Player: Kenyon Martin
    Current Ratings: B- C- C- B C+
    New Ratings: B- C- C- B+ C+
    Justification:
    Kenyon Martin in his prime was a one of the premier post defenders in the game. While 00-01 was his first year, he showed his defensive acumen immediately in the league. In 00-01, his block rate of 3.7% was top ten in the league, while posting 2.5 defensive win shares in only 68 games played. Bumping his defensive ratings, particularly that of post defense and blocking would make him more in lane with his real life 00-01 self.
    He's alright, I put him more in line with his ability to guard 4 positions, he is a B at c/pf/sf and a c+ at SG so he's still a very good defender and will get you blocks and be able to guard anybody you want him to 1v1 and it plays to his one weakness which is post defense, he was a 6'9 tyson chandler back in teh day.

Also his rebounding is not all that good for his career, barely getting 9 rpg per 36 mpg. it may get better than that over TC and with possible camps so i'm leaving it alone especially since he only got 7.4 his rookie year.

Player: Stephon Marbury
    Current Ratings: C+ B B B- C-
    New Ratings: C+ B+ A- B- C-
    Justification:
    For his outside rating, shooting 33% on 5 3's per game while shooting 79% at the free throw line at 6.5 attempts per game in FBB ratings roughly correlates to a 60-65 in 3 point shooting and a 80-85 jump shot rating. Marbury in 00-01 averaged almost 23 points per game, upping his outside rating would correlate with that point output.
    For his handles rating, he averaged 7.6 assists per game with 2.9 TOs per game. While the TOs seem like a lot, they're really not when you consider that he played 38 minutes a game at almost a 30% usage rate clip. 7.6 assists per game is probably like a 75-80 passing rating while his handling rating should be from like 60-70. That's an A- rating.
    His jumpshot is fine its just his 3pt that is bringing it down and he was a volume 3pt shooter and not really good at it.

also his handles are fine, B gets you 7.5 - 8apg an a- generally gets you 9-10 apg.

Player: Kerry Kittles
    Current Ratings: C B+ C B C-
    New Ratings: C A- C A- C-
    Justification:
    His outside rating should be bumped. He shot 40% from 3s on 4.6 attempts while shooting 75% from FT line. In comparison, Vince Carter shot 40% from 3s on 5.2 attempts while shooting 76% from FT line. Vince has a A- rating, so should Kerry.
    For his defensive rating, it should be a A- because Kittles in his prime (00-04) had Drtgs of 101, 98, 99 as well as defensive win shares of 3.9, 3.4, 4.5. That is top echolon perimeter defending, deserving of a A-/high B+. Dude was a great perimeter defender that got matched up with the other teams best perimeter scorer very night on those teams rather than Van Horn/Jefferson.
    his shooting is fine but i'll put up his inside rating and A- def for a SG is elite level

right now he's the 8th best defensive SG in the league behind eddie jones, doug christie, mcgrady, mckie, wells, bryant and iverson, sounds about right to me. also kittles can go up against the best scorer on the other team at 1/2/3 easy.

Player: Keith Van Horn
    Current Ratings: C+ B C- B- C+
    New Ratings: C+ B+ C- B- C+
    Justification:
    In 00-01, Van Horn scored 17 points on 38% from 3's (3.5 attempts per game) and 80% from the FT line. Upping the outside rating to a B+ falls much more in line with that stat line.
    meh ok, just up a bit on the jumpshot it gets him to b+

Bird Years:
    Aaron Williams - 0
    Soumalia Samake - 0
    Evan Eschmeyer - 1
    Jim McIlvaine - 4
    Kenyon Martin - 0
    Jamie Feick - 1
    Keith Van Horn - 3
    Stephen Jackson - 0
    Johnny Newman - 2
    Kerry Kittles - 4
    Lucious Harris - 4
    Stephon Marbury - 4
    Sherman Douglas - 3
    done

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    Nets Wonder:
    Kerry Kittles' D @ SF

Nets Change:
    Jason Terry from SG to PG.

vCash
    kittles same

vCash
    Change Allan Houston to SF

Bird Years:
    Allan Houston - 4
    Last edited by DaddyCool; 06-28-2012 at 11:35 PM.

vCash
    k

vCash
    Change Allan Houston to SG
    Change Corliss Williamson to SF

(VERY IMPORTANT TO INPUT THIS BEFORE TC OCCURS.)

vCash

vCash
    Chris Gatling to SF plz.

vCash
    B

vCash
    Rashard Lewis to SF please.

vCash
    b-

vCash
    Wonder Jason Terry at SG? (Do not Change)

vCash
    b

vCash
    What's Kedrick Brown's D at SG? If same or better, change to SG plz.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast