Eric Knodel NCAA

Goalies:

Ben Scrivens Pro
    Mark Owuya Pro
    Jussi Rynnas Pro
    Garret Sparks CHL
    Grant Rollheiser NCAA

List compiled from hockeysfuture.com
    Last edited by blujaysrock; 06-24-2012 at 01:52 PM.

vCash
    I'll be that guy. I don't understand the Rielly pick last night. Grabbing Finn makes it even worse. Sure Rielly has high potential, but you've got some solid kids (Schenn, Franson, Gardiner, Blacker, etc)

Filip Forsberg would have been my pick. I'm still baffled that he went to Washington at pick #11.

vCash
    ^
    There's way more than a few of us who feel that way Bran.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    I'll be that guy. I don't understand the Rielly pick last night. Grabbing Finn makes it even worse. Sure Rielly has high potential, but you've got some solid kids (Schenn, Franson, Gardiner, Blacker, etc)

Filip Forsberg would have been my pick. I'm still baffled that he went to Washington at pick #11.
    I don't mind the Finn pick because he dropped and was probably the bpa when burke was selecting..its funny that Don Cherry was grilling burke about not picking Canadian players specifically from the GTHL who have produced in the nhl..and what do you know..Finn played in the GTHL and selected

vCash

You don't reach on a lesser forward that high, you take BPA. There's a reasons some scouts say this guy if healthy could have been the #1 pick, and would have passed Murray for best D in the draft, there's also a reason many scouts say he has Norris potential (these are things i've seen on twitter/articles i have read today, i'm not going to dig them up, but i'm not lying )

Forsberg fell for a reason, do we need a top 6 winger who is a power forward type guy? yes we do. Do we have D depth, yes. Like you said we have a bunch of "solid kids," but outside of Gardiner, we have no game changers, Rielly gives us that.

Rielly was rated higher than Forsberg, clearly by a number of teams, so you can't fault them for not reaching on a guy like Forsberg.

edit: and Finn doesn't make it worse. We grabbed a guy with a mid 1st grade on him in the 2nd round. Just adds to the D depth. not like you can't trade D for forwards when the time comes...

vCash
    Finn plays an offensive game like Rielly, right? I never said it was a "bad pick" but after getting that, would you change your mind on Rielly? Cam Fowler fell, and he really shouldn't have. This was a defenseman draft.

vCash

We all feel this way. Actually no, not all. But I agree with you.

Since the draft I bashed the pick, I have bashed it less because Rielly has potential sure, Finn was a good pick either way because he was projected to go much higher that's fine.

But the fact of the matter is, I still don't agree with it.

Although I must say Franson and Schenn are two guys you mentioned that may be gone this off-season. One of the two for sure IMO.
    Last edited by LuckyLuke2; 06-23-2012 at 04:55 PM.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Anyways solid job on the thread. It's well up to date. Our prospect pool is decent.

Look how thin the Center position is... Kadri and Colborne, I always liked McKegg I think he'll be good but after that it's NOTHING.

RW is decent with Ashton, Frattin, Ryan and Biggs.

LW is decent too with D'Amigo, Mueller, Ross and Deschamps.

And obviously D is deep with Blacker, Percy, Holzer, Rielly, Finn, Gysbers, Lashoff etc.
    Last edited by LuckyLuke2; 06-23-2012 at 04:59 PM.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Finn plays an offensive game like Rielly, right? I never said it was a "bad pick" but after getting that, would you change your mind on Rielly? Cam Fowler fell, and he really shouldn't have. This was a defenseman draft.
    Finn plays more of a two way game actually. I saw him play in Guelph a few times and I'd say his defense is what'll make him a legit NHLer. He probably wont ever put up huge points in the pros, but he should be effective enough offensively, and he's a good skater who rarely finds himself out of position.

vCash
    Im confused by your ashton...hes pro not chl...played in the ahl all yr

vCash
    Apparently Finn is offensive but plays solid defensively like Percy and has a high hockey IQ, so i'm a fan of that.

vCash
    I think broll is ahl as well now

vCash
    This pick looks a lot better now.

vCash

vCash
    nice thread BJR!

its a shame burke had to **** block you though

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast