Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Congrats Mats Sundin

Hall of Fame, Class of 2012.

vCash
    Just goes to show that even career losers get in too. (cue the bashing!) haha

vCash
    People gotta realize it's the HOCKEY HALL OF FAME not the NHL Hall Of Fame, Sundin and Bure are more than justified, if anyone's gonna complain about them making it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingmatsundin View Post
    People gotta realize it's the HOCKEY HALL OF FAME not the NHL Hall Of Fame, Sundin and Bure are more than justified, if anyone's gonna complain about them making it.
    Nobody should be. He's more than deserving of the Hall nod.

vCash
    Congrats to Sundin. By far my favourite Leaf of all-time (i'm young) and can you believe that some people in Toronto (in school) made funny of me for that? Nothing bad just teasing from fans and the old "man i feel sorry for you, they ****ing suck" but i still Be-Leaf lol.

I'm kinda dissapointed that his jersey retiring game was a blowout.

vCash
    Well deserving and a great guy, congrads Sundin!

Leafs, Raps, Jays, and Bills fan!

vCash
    Congrats Mats ! (he would never have made it without Jonas Hoglund though)

vCash
    Congrats Mats, you will be taking heat from some (ok, make it a whole lot) of the other fans but you have the NHL numbers (just not the rewards) and the international trophies.

If Alfy ever gets in, wear a clown wig to that ceremony....... or shoot a puck at him.

vCash
    Props

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tito santana View Post
    just goes to show that even career losers get in too. (cue the bashing!) haha

vCash
    It's a stretch for him to get in on first year of eligiblity, but he does deserve to be in the Hall. Congrats to Mats.

vCash
    Props to Mats, you deserved it.

vCash
    One of the greatest if not the greatest Leaf ever (Charlie Connaway, Teeder, Keon, Armstrong, Salming, Gilmour, Bower, Sittler all deserve some mention if differing amounts) and definately a guy I support for the Hall of Fame.

He will be underrated and hated on by some within this forum mostly because of three reasons:

1, He was not the typical lovable captain/player in the mold of Wendel or Gilmour (similar generation) but anyone who followed the Leafs carefully knew few cared more than Mats and gave their all, worked harder and exuded leadership than Mats. Him being European also hurt his popularity but he really became part of this city imo.

2, The Leafs never went the distance with him as captain/player. Still, they went as far as any Leaf team has since 1967 and Mats was clutch and routinely made chicken salad out of chicken **** teammates.

3, The end of his career ended messily with his refusal to waive his no trade clause then signing with the Canucks midway through the next season. This is a blip (if you disagree with it which I don't) in a long and awesome career representing the Blue and White.

I'm not really sure how anyone doesn't like Mats Sundin to be honest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
    It's a stretch for him to get in on first year of eligiblity, but he does deserve to be in the Hall. Congrats to Mats.
    I never buy this argument myself. Your a hall of famer on the first ballot if your a hall of famer (only issue is the NHL's 4 person limit)

vCash
    By far the best leaf i ever got to watch. Thanks for all those great years win or lose you always found away to entertain me and my pops

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast