Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Ok so they just sent him down for development I get it. The more and more I learn about hockey I feel like in terms of development of young talent hockey and baseball parallel each other to an extent.
    Last edited by NYMetropolitans; 06-28-2012 at 01:15 AM.

vCash
    eh Bulmer seems much more like a 3rd liner than a 2nd liner. Don't think hes quite skilled enough to play on the 2nd line

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYMetropolitans View Post
    Ok so they just sent him down for development I get it. The more and more I learn about hockey I feel like in terms of development of young talent hockey and baseball parallel each other to an extent.
    Yes purely development and then a year isnt burned off his entry level contract (played 9 games). I dont think he is a 2nd liner, but he could fill in there. Although im also not willing yet to take him out of a skill forward discussion because I want to see him first again. His point totals increased in juniors. But he will be a solid 3rd liner and physical forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYMetropolitans View Post
    absolutely. only the rare talents enter the league right away...the NHL though, does have more ready to play type players than the MLB though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerjug View Post
    eh Bulmer seems much more like a 3rd liner than a 2nd liner. Don't think hes quite skilled enough to play on the 2nd line
    absolutely Bullmer is more of a third liner than a 2nd, but as evidenced by Cal Clutterbuck, a player who knows his role and plays hard, can make a huge impact on the game, even if they are on the bottom 2 lines.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    absolutely Bullmer is more of a third liner than a 2nd, but as evidenced by Cal Clutterbuck, a player who knows his role and plays hard, can make a huge impact on the game, even if they are on the bottom 2 lines.
    That's key to signing bottom line guys. If they know their role, they can still contribute as much as guys on the top line. Now, I'm not saying a guy on the 3rd or 4th line will finish with 20G 40A. A third or fourth liner who can stay out of the box (unless he's the enforcer on the team), make smart passes, and keep the puck out of their own net is very valuable.

vCash
    Exactly a third line who can play good defensively against a teams first line

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12