Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

njnets is offline JerseyStrongBrooklynReady
    vCash

Prust most likely gone?

he is asking for 2.2. Sather offered him 1.8.

really dont get how they cant compromise on 400K. i wanna see prust back on the 4th line. im really surprised they just stopped negotiations like that.

Also, i think he wants 3 years and i think the rangers are offering 2.

what are your feelings guys?

EDIT: i want prust back but not for a ballooned price. if it aint meant to be, im ready to move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Commissioner Stern is stern. Stern, but fair.

Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    You either have to deal with tornados or Snookie. Either way your gonna get sucked and blown.

vCash
    I want him back, but not at 2.2 per.... no 4th liner is worth that. Problem is Sather overpaid for Rupp last summer, and now Prust wants to get paid.

Konopka would be a good replacement if Prust bolts... wins faceoffs and kills penalties too. Prust sure would be missed, but he is replaceable.

vCash
    Im not saying Prust is worth 2.2 but the fan reaction on twitter is great. Everyone saying hes not worth it bla bla bla, yet if he was drafted by the Rangers, it would be but he skates hard, kills penalties, fights, brings energy.

But realistically whats better Prust on the third line 2.2 (where he played most of the season) or Dubinsky on the same line for 4.2. Is 10-15 goals worth 2 million more?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Isca92 View Post
    Im not saying Prust is worth 2.2 but the fan reaction on twitter is great. Everyone saying hes not worth it bla bla bla, yet if he was drafted by the Rangers, it would be but he skates hard, kills penalties, fights, brings energy.

But realistically whats better Prust on the third line 2.2 (where he played most of the season) or Dubinsky on the same line for 4.2. Is 10-15 goals worth 2 million more?
    Neither are worth what they're asking/getting paid. Dubinsky was given that amount because of his effort that he inputted the last few seasons (minus this one) so that was understandable to keep him, but this season sucked. Prust isn't worth 2.2 either because he's a total risk. He is a great player, but he puts himself in danger with how he plays. Fighting and blocking shots is all he does and he's expecting a nearly 2 MILLION DOLLAR increase from what he was previously making. I'm sorry, but if he was still in Calgary, he would still be a no one and never has been. The New York Rangers gave this guy a name and something to be, and now he's committing robbery against that very team that gave him his "value." I'm sorry, but sign Zenon Konopka, walk away from him, and if someone is crazy enough to pay 2.2 for him, so be it. He also has no class for what he said on Twitter so he can hit the curb.

vCash
    Element, how can you include risk factor of injury with Gaborik on the roster or support the amount of shot blocking the team does? The Rangers didnt give him a name he gave himself one. Had one of the most fights during the season he was traded here. So he continued to do what he already did. He became a top penalty killer on this team because of his ability, how many shorted handed goals has he scored in the past 2 seasons? He plays his role perfectly.

As he for his comment on twitter I have no problem. How are they any differnt the. Jordan Staals wanting to play with his brother, Ryans just trade me already, Schultz and Erixons refusal to sign with the team that drafted them, Doughty/Dubinskys sitting out training camps cause they were restricted. Only thing is hes unrestricted so is leaving cause hes not getting the money he wants or is unhappy with his situation as some I have listed?

Bottom line is if he was a player the Rangers drafted people would be up in arms about him leaving. I dont care what his old contract was cause when that was signed it was either in Calgary or when he came here and did not play as significant of a role as he plays now. Now if Dubi is traded 2 of the 4 main pkers are gone, which has been a strength of ours. Better hope Cally and Boyle stay out of the box.

vCash
    Element, how can you include risk factor of injury with Gaborik on the roster or support the amount of shot blocking the team does? The Rangers didnt give him a name he gave himself one. Had one of the most fights during the season he was traded here. So he continued to do what he already did. He became a top penalty killer on this team because of his ability, how many shorted handed goals has he scored in the past 2 seasons? He plays his role perfectly.

As he for his comment on twitter I have no problem. How are they any differnt the. Jordan Staals wanting to play with his brother, Ryans just trade me already, Schultz and Erixons refusal to sign with the team that drafted them, Doughty/Dubinskys sitting out training camps cause they were restricted. Only thing is hes unrestricted so is leaving cause hes not getting the money he wants or is unhappy with his situation as some I have listed?

Bottom line is if he was a player the Rangers drafted people would be up in arms about him leaving. I dont care what his old contract was cause when that was signed it was either in Calgary or when he came here and did not play as significant of a role as he plays now. Now if Dubi is traded 2 of the 4 main pkers are gone, which has been a strength of ours. Better hope Cally and Boyle stay out of the box.
    I hear ya, but it's not like all of a sudden he just jumped out of the gate knowing what to do. Our staff brought him to where he is and he caught on to what he had to do. They molded him into a role player. Of course he does play his role well, but it's something replaceable.

In his second season with the Rangers, he had I think 13 goals and 16 assists, in which 5 goals were SH. That's probably worth 2.2mil if it was consistent. This past season, he had 5 goals and 12 assists with 2 SHGs. He split his performance in half. Of course he had 20 fights, is good on the PK and such. I just don't see him as someone worth 2.2mil when he had a good offer of 1.8.

As for a risk factor, both players played all 82 games, both played all games in the post season, and both got surgeries in the off season. Gaborik had 41 goals and 35 assists in the regular season. I know they're two different types of players and that the comparison doesn't really mean much, but considering he scored an 1/8th of the goals that Gaborik did and multiply his cap hit (7.5mil) by .2 (7,500,000 * .2) that equals to $1,500,000. Which is what some people thought was fairly reasonable. Mathematically, he should've taken the money and run.

If this doesn't make sense, I apologize lol. My mind has been in three different places during this post so if it does come out to be jumbled, my sincerest apologies. I just wish people would play for the name on the front and not the name on the back.

vCash
    I like Prust, I think we're all in a agreement there. But, not at $2.2 million, like you all said he's a 4th line guy. The Rangers put themselves in this situation by vastly overpaying for Mike Rupp. If the Rangers don't sign him, there's plenty of "tough-guys" out there that will be cheaper.

vCash
    He's not your regular "tough guy", he's got excellent speed, plays on the PK and stands up for his teammates. I'd meet him halfway and still sign Konopka.

vCash

Prust most likely gone?

My wife would be upset but you can't over pay for him.

vCash
    He is out of his mind asking for 2.2M, he is not worth that at all, 1.8M at MAX. Torts loves him, the players love him and so do the fans, but I don't see him back here unless he lowers his price.

vCash
    Over paying is one thing when were talking about a couple million extra, but were talking 400,000. Now sure if everyone got that little bit extra (like most have) then were in cap trouble, but I think hes an important part of the team. As for Konopka, yeah he can bring similar game plus win faceoffs but if he doesn sign here then what. Now just took a step back. This is not the point to step back.

vCash
    I think Prust will be back with the Rangers. Too early to say these negotiations are over and both parties are at least on the same page in terms of team preference. Prust will re-sign for ~$1.75mm, in my view, rather than take an extra $300-400k from another team. We'll see though.

vCash
    Redfish he turned down 1.8, why would he sign for less.

vCash
    Redfish he turned down 1.8, why would he sign for less.
    We do not know if that report is accurate and, if it is, if that was final. It could easily be an agent's initial response to an offer, saying "no thanks, at that price, we owe it to Brandon to test free agency." We simply do not know, and we do not know the context.

Perhaps it is true, though, and Prust wants $2.2mm. If it is all about the $$, then Prust will go to the highest bid and his comments that he'd like to stay with the NYR will prove a bit disingenuous. Not many people would argue that $1.8mm isn't fair for a high quality, 3rd/4th line role player.

Importantly, neither party has stated discussions are over -- there is nothing wrong with Prust getting a nice contract offer away and showing it to the Rangers, asking them for their best bid. It's a rather common tactic and Prust will have to decide between the highest bid vs a fair offer with a team he is comfortable and successful with...and, oh, by the way, one that can also win a Stanley Cup during his contract term.

I think we are at mid-stages of how the Prust situation will resolve itself, with odds being he will re-sign with the NYR.

vCash
    There's no doubt another team will offer him more money than what the Rangers offered him just to get the Rangers to up their offer and lose some cap space. Look at the draft Pitt. Used the Rangers to make Carolina up their offer(we all know Pitt. Wasn't gonna make a deal with us).