Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    The base salaries are posted above. They are the same for players with bird rights and players without.

For a player whose bird rights you own, you can offer a 5-year deal with maximum 7.5% annual increases.

Remember though you have to stay under the 85M hardcap.

vCash
    Say I have $20 mil in cap and I want to offer a contract to a UFA and to a player who I own Bird rights to. Both contracts combined will exceed over $20 mil.

How does that work? It says you cannot exceed the contract offer based on your cap space. Say I am talking about Hibbert and Lopez. Does Hibbert's offer count towards the cap first or does Lopez?

Because if it's Hibbert's offer that counts towards my cap space first, I can use my bird rights to exceed the salary cap for Lopez. If Lopez's offer counts towards my cap space first, I can't offer Hibbert the contract I want.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Say I have $20 mil in cap and I want to offer a contract to a UFA and to a player who I own Bird rights to. Both contracts combined will exceed over $20 mil.

How does that work? It says you cannot exceed the contract offer based on your cap space. Say I am talking about Hibbert and Lopez. Does Hibbert's offer count towards the cap first or does Lopez?

Because if it's Hibbert's offer that counts towards my cap space first, I can use my bird rights to exceed the salary cap for Lopez. If Lopez's offer counts towards my cap space first, I can't offer Hibbert the contract I want.
    Hibbert is a RFA so that would complicate your example slightly.

If you have 20M in cap and the combined offers would exceed 20M, then neither offer would be valid. You can go over the cap for Brook Lopez, but you can't go over the cap for another team's free agent.

Say you offered 8M a year to Lopez and offered Hibbert the 13.5M or whatever it is max contract. That exceeds the amount of salary you have to offer. What if Lopez signs first? If Hibbert then chose to sign your offer sheet and the Pacers didn't match, you couldn't exceed the cap for him because he's not your free agent.

You can ask Lopez to sit tight while you pursue other free agents, but there's no guarantee he does that. He could also sign an offer sheet with another team and that would put you in a bind as far as time to get a free agent to sign so you could spend your cap and go over the soft cap for your own RFA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish1314 View Post
    Hibbert is a RFA so that would complicate your example slightly.

If you have 20M in cap and the combined offers would exceed 20M, then neither offer would be valid. You can go over the cap for Brook Lopez, but you can't go over the cap for another team's free agent.

Say you offered 8M a year to Lopez and offered Hibbert the 13.5M or whatever it is max contract. That exceeds the amount of salary you have to offer. What if Lopez signs first? If Hibbert then chose to sign your offer sheet and the Pacers didn't match, you couldn't exceed the cap for him because he's not your free agent.

You can ask Lopez to sit tight while you pursue other free agents, but there's no guarantee he does that. He could also sign an offer sheet with another team and that would put you in a bind as far as time to get a free agent to sign so you could spend your cap and go over the soft cap for your own RFA.
    Ahh. So regardless of bird rights, I can't exceed the cap space I have available. Cool.

vCash
    Ahh. So regardless of bird rights, I can't exceed the cap space I have available. Cool.
    Remember though that Lopez is currently on your books for 4.1 mil. So you actually have 24.1 mil to spend on free agents as long as you are resigning Lopez.

Ex.) You could sign hibbert for 15 mil and Lopez for 9.1 if you wanted to

Thanks for the Memories Suarez!

vCash
    You can for one of your own players. But not for another team's player, no.

Quote Originally Posted by xnickx5757 View Post
    Remember though that Lopez is currently on your books for 4.1 mil. So you actually have 24.1 mil to spend on free agents as long as you are resigning Lopez.

The max base salary Hibbert could be signed to is around 13.5M or something like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xnickx5757 View Post

I just used the $20 mil as an example, I wasn't actually sure how much cap I had.

vCash
    Alright, thanks. Guess I'll just wait till the very last min to resign Lopez then.

vCash

The max base salary Hibbert could be signed to is around 13.5M or something like that.
    Yeah I was just using the numbers he gave as an example. He could sign both to near Max deals if he wanted

Thanks for the Memories Suarez!

vCash
    what's the exact figure for mini MLE? $3,000,000?

vCash
    Mini MLE is 2,500,000 with a 3% increase.

vCash
    The maximum roster amount is 15 players. The minimum is 12. This means at the conclusion of the game, you must have at least 12 players and no more than 15. If your roster does not meet these requirements, I will add/remove the necessary number of players. Your team cannot be disqualified from awards/playoff eligibility for a roster technicality.
    Why aren't teams being disqualified for not having the required number of players on their roster?

Some teams basically haven't tried yet they still are given the chance to make the playoffs? A bit ******** a team like the Heat makes the playoffs simply due to Lebron and Kyrie despite not even trying.

vCash
    Edit: NVM

00-04 = 108-220
    04-05 = 40-42 (8th Seed - 1st Round Exit)
    05-06 = 43-39 (8th Seed - 1st Round Exit)
    06-07 = 46-36 (7th Seed - 1st Round Exit)
    07-08 = 48-34 (4th Seed - 1st Round Exit)
    08-09 = 49-33 (6th Seed - E.C. Finals Exit)
    09-10 = 46-36 (8th Seed - 1st Round Exit)
    10-12 = 55-109
    12-13 = 48-34 (3rd Seed - 1st Round Exit)
    13-14 = 56-26 (3rd Seed - E.C. Finals Exit)
    14-15 = 26-16 (5th Seed - Championship..)

4x Sim League Champion!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12