Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Hurricanes Acquire Jordan Staal

The Hurricanes have acquired Jordan Staal from the Penguins for Brandon Sutter, prospect Brian Dumoulin and their eighth overall selection in the 2012 draft.
    Source: Rotoworld

HUGE acquisition for the Canes! Congratulations!

vCash
    It exciting to actually see this happen, but wow we gave up a lot. Sutter's a great two-way center and Dumoulin is a very promising defenseman. Plus the #8 pick, that's a lot for a guy we could have waited next off-season to sign. Nevertheless it's exciting to see 3/4th of the Staals in the Hurricanes' organization. Now for that defensive help...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM View Post
    It exciting to actually see this happen, but wow we gave up a lot. Sutter's a great two-way center and Dumoulin is a very promising defenseman. Plus the #8 pick, that's a lot for a guy we could have waited next off-season to sign. Nevertheless it's exciting to see 3/4th of the Staals in the Hurricanes' organization. Now for that defensive help...
    Well as they say you gotta give something to get something and the Canes probably didn't want to risk losing him to the highest bidder next offseason. Now that they have him under control and with his brother they'll have a little leverage in contract negotiations.

vCash
    I don't imagine there being any problems getting a contract worked out considering he wants to be here.

Now that we've got a top 6 forward, we need to address our biggest issue- defense.

vCash
    Jordan Staal is coming off of his best season, great trade. Now the best two Staal brothers will be playing together. Aldo, doesn't Carolina have another Staal coming through their system? So we could see 3 Staal's.

vCash
    Yeah, Jared Staal is a winger.

vCash
    all the brothers have said they would love to play together in the nhl. love jordan, hate to see him go great return for him. he loved pittsburgh to and wanted to be there to just wanted a bigger role than 3rd center and for canes to take a chance he was to change his mind and sign some where else or resign in pitt wasnt worth it to them i guess. pens were going to move him before next season rather than risk losing him canes got an awesome player
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    lol hurricanes forum sucks. nice pick-up though.

vCash
    What would you be willing to give up to get Marc Staal, he has 3yrs left on his contract, big physical d -man who blocks shots and plays 24-25 min. Per game.

vCash
    not satisfied with 3 Staals?

vCash
    ^ Yep, I'm greedy. I want all of them.

I doubt anything realistically will happen in the near future, but what do the NYR need?

vCash
    Yes!

vCash
    excited to have another Staal

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/81...-60m-extension

We've signed Jordan to a 10 year extension for $60 million. We also brought back Corvo on a 1 year deal for $2 million, and we re-signed Brett Sutter and Justin Peters.

Additionally we've made offers to Parise and Suter.

vCash
    Rutherford said we are out of the Parise sweepstakes and that we are pursuing another top forward via trade. Sounds good to me given that Parise is probably going to get a lot more money than he's worth.