Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman9518 View Post
    With Pronger I see it as a Primeau or Lappy injury. It just wouldn't be smart for him to come back, way to risky. We got one awesome year out of him that led to one of the best playoff runs in Flyers history, for that I am thankful. If anything him and Bryz should teach Homer a lesson that these long contracts have got to stop. 3-4 year contracts, 5 years max
    Good post..and I agree.

vCash
    lolhow cool.
    LAK draft Hyka With OUR pick

lol bryz

vCash
    k im finished here lol.
    Got to get ready for My soccer game up in York County

lol bryz

vCash
    Hyka to LA. they just want to be the Flyers so bad....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    Hyka to LA. they just want to be the Flyers so bad....
    Well if that's the case they wont win a Cup for the next 30 years.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Another decent sized defenseman. I like it. I'll give this draft a B

City of Brotherly Love

vCash
    Decent Draft
    B+ Will be my grade.
    I wouldve given a A if we drafted Zach Stepan lol

lol bryz

vCash
    ok I missed the day 2 draft,

dont know what you guys all think about the Goalie they picked in round 2 but I have inside info on him.

A friend of mine plays prep hockey here in NJ and played against Anthony Stolarz (who is from Edison NJ, about 30 miles north of me). He said the kid is terrible, and got cut from every junior team he tried out for. He had to move to Texas to find a team he could stay on. Said he's not actually talented as a goaltender, just uses his size well enough to get the job done.

fantastic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post

dont know what you guys all think about the Goalie they picked in round 2 but I have inside info on him.

A friend of mine plays prep hockey here in NJ and played against Anthony Stolarz (who is from Edison NJ, about 30 miles north of me). He said the kid is terrible, and got cut from every junior team he tried out for. He had to move to Texas to find a team he could stay on. Said he's not actually talented as a goaltender, just uses his size well enough to get the job done.

fantastic.
    he's a project, for sure, but he's 6'5".

kinda like the Hovinen kid that'll be playing in ADR this year. the kid's big; if he can figure out the technique, he could be a good goalie down the line.

remember, the Flyers have Hovinen along with Cal Heeter from OSU, whose a pretty good prospect out of college. they got some talent at the position. now it's up to the players themselves and the development coaches in ADR to get them to that next level.

vCash
    Doesn't every young forward think the goalie they're playing against sucks? I know that's how it is for me and my friends no matter what. (haha)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by girouxxx28 View Post
    Doesn't every young forward think the goalie they're playing against sucks? I know that's how it is for me and my friends no matter what. (haha)
    (my friend is a goalie lol)

vCash

kinda like the Hovinen kid that'll be playing in ADR this year. the kid's big; if he can figure out the technique, he could be a good goalie down the line.

remember, the Flyers have Hovinen along with Cal Heeter from OSU, whose a pretty good prospect out of college. they got some talent at the position. now it's up to the players themselves and the development coaches in ADR to get them to that next level.
    Just hate that its the Bob pick

We had a great prospect who can truly become a top 5 goaltender.

Now we got this kid. Much rather of used #45 as trade bait.

vCash
    Just hate that its the Bob pick

We had a great prospect who can truly become a top 5 goaltender.

Now we got this kid. Much rather of used #45 as trade bait.
    i agree to an extent.

i think if a trade was available at that point, the Flyers would have made it.

Bob clearly wasn't too happy here being a backup, and frankly he deserves a shot to start somewhere. he wasn't going to get that here.

i saw Homer talking to the press at the draft yesterday, and when asked about trading Bob, IMO, he didn't seem like it was something he really wanted to do. but at the same time, he wanted to give him an opportunity to compete for a starting job somewhere, and he knew that wasn't going to happen if he stayed in philly.

sometimes you just have to make tough decisions, and they could end up biting you down the road. you just have to hope that the good decisions you make along the way balance out the tough ones. so far i think Homer has done a pretty good job of that.

vCash

Exactly

lol bryz

vCash

fantastic.
    On the flip side, there's someone on another Flyers forum I post on saying he's a great goaltender. You'll find stories like this on both sides.

Let me put it this way: if he was so bad he got cut from literally every junior team he tried out for, and had to go to Texas to find one he could make, don't you think Paul Holmgren and CO, who was literally lauded on NHLnetwork last night for being the best drafting team in the NHL, would have seen past his frame? Because I feel as though he would have. Analysts say stupid things constantly, but when the Flyers pick, they use those picks amazingly well so, it's not like they're that far off from being one of the better talent spotters in the NHL.

In the end, I hate simply deffering to the power, but I will. Holmgren obviously saw something in him. Most scouts did. He may fail, but I don't think he's nearly as bad as your friend claims him to be.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast