Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Hyka Still there

lol bryz

vCash
    Take Hyka or Im going to watch LeBron highlights

lol bryz

vCash
    Honestly, this just might be a quiet offseason. As much as I'd like to see some big moves, thats really just being a fan boy. There's very little wrong with the team and a lot of upwards mobility in the sense that we're one year further along the development paths of Giroux, JVR, Mez, Carle, Coburn, Voracek, Simmonds, Couturier, Schenn, Read, Gus.....

We'll be better simply based on them growing as hockey players.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    We take Reece Willcox *sigh*

lol bryz

vCash
    Another big defenseman. I like it. Groom these guys, the more of them we have the more likely one of them pans out

City of Brotherly Love

vCash
    Yeah. Draft a handful of big defensemen and hope one of them becomes something. Not an awful strategy, really.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    i see chicago is dangling Niklas Hjalmarsson.. does he interest any of you guys? I'm curious how much the blackhawks would ask for him.. seems like he hasn't really taken his game to the next level since the '09-'10 year
    Props to LowSpark and Elements
    Green Bay PackersPhiladelphia FlyersChicago White SoxNew Orleans Hornets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kayface View Post
    i see chicago is dangling Niklas Hjalmarsson.. does he interest any of you guys? I'm curious how much the blackhawks would ask for him.. seems like he hasn't really taken his game to the next level since his rookie year
    He was never that good to begin with. He's a 4th d-man, realistically. If there's one thing we can say about our defense is we have decent depth. Bourdon, Gustafsson and Lilja can all fill in anytime we need them to.

Also I don't want to try to type Hjalmarsson everytime he does something right/bad, so, that also is a big minus in his corner.
    #WhyNot?

vCash
    In everyones opinion....do you think we get Bobby Ryan this weekend?

vCash
    I see what your saying about the 4th d-man, but do you say that because you believe he has tapped out his potential or just because he hasn't taken that next step.. cause we have bought low on a few d-men pretty similar to him and they've worked out pretty well (mez, carle)

I liked how he looked during the blackhawks stanley cup run and thought he would progress a little more, but maybe he just needs a shane of scenery.. he's a big body defensemen and I'm pretty sure he is adequate defensively
    Props to LowSpark and Elements
    Green Bay PackersPhiladelphia FlyersChicago White SoxNew Orleans Hornets

vCash
    No on Ryan.

Wtf haven't we taken Hyka?

vCash
    How awesome would it be if Pronger somehow came back healthy next year? Only like a 1% chance but a guy can dream

City of Brotherly Love

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kayface View Post
    I see what your saying about the 4th d-man, but do you say that because you believe he has tapped out his potential or just because he hasn't taken that next step.. cause we have bought low on a few d-men pretty similar to him and they've worked out pretty well (mez, carle)

I liked how he looked during the blackhawks stanley cup run and thought he would progress a little more, but maybe he just needs a shane of scenery.. he's a big body defensemen and I'm pretty sure he is adequate defensively
    I really think he's done growing. He's done nothing to indicate he's going to take any more steps at this point. Not really worth the risk on the cap hit.

Carle and Mez worked out, but they were really good young, ended up in Tampa, stunted their growth, and we got them and turned them back into good. Hjalmarsson has been a 15 point player since entering the league. I don't see him breaking out.
    #WhyNot?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I really think he's done growing. He's done nothing to indicate he's going to take any more steps at this point. Not really worth the risk on the cap hit.

Carle and Mez worked out, but they were really good young, ended up in Tampa, stunted their growth, and we got them and turned them back into good. Hjalmarsson has been a 15 point player since entering the league. I don't see him breaking out.
    Holy snap this is the first time I realized that both of them had those crappy years in Tampa. We should be scouting some dmen from them!

City of Brotherly Love

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Popiolek93 View Post
    In everyones opinion....do you think we get Bobby Ryan this weekend?
    Wouldn't be surprised. Hard for Anaheim to really demand more than he's worth with him saying in the media he wants to be dealt, and to top it all off, using Philly as an example of where he wants to go. His trade value took a hit. It's also going to be very hard to repair that gap now, I feel.

JVR + a little sweeter has to be sounding very good from their perspective.
    #WhyNot?

Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast