Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    sorry our team poached your player, I know how much it can hurt...but what do you guys think of the deal? too much money? just right? It was a front loaded contract, and here is how it breaks down...

Parise and Suter contracts both structured as follows: $12m, $12m, $11m, $9m, $9m, $9m, $9m, $9m, $8m, $6m, $2M, $1m, $1m. Average $7.5m.

He gradually gets paid less, as he gradually gets older.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    ...but what do you guys think of the deal? too much money? just right?
    Parise and Suter were the two marquis players this offseason thus far. As the first of the big names to go, we knew they'd come at a high price.

Knowing the way the Devils do things and how their payroll tends to remain mostly balanced (Kovalchuk notwithstanding), it was too much for this team. For you guys, well, if Parise's a good fit, he's worth the money.

Here's a shorter way for me to say it: if you like Parise, you weren't going to get him cheaper. For you it's a good price. Otherwise, if you didn't REALLY REALLY WANT HIM ON THE TEAM, he's expensive. Does that make sense?

[/end rambling]

vCash
    Im happy for Zach but mad at him at the same time... Zach is worth every penny even though the stats dont say it is...

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    This rubs me the wrong way but it's what it is. Parise is a great player and a great guy to have in the dressing room, but I think the Devils did what they could to get him back. Lou doesn't negotiate during the season and yeah, this could have been approached earlier, but whatever.

I don't get the Kovy hate though. I've always liked him and he's nothing but liked by the team. He plays hard and has improved his game to fit the Devils style. He was great int he playoffs, and even better considering he was hurt for 3 rounds. His regular season stats were also really good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by keithy19 View Post
    I don't get the Kovy hate though.
    Let me be clear that I'm not a Kovy hater, but my impression of it (as it is with many a New York Mets player) is that his ginormous contract immediately raises the bar very high for him. It can be hard to see the player without looking through money-colored glasses...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by keithy19 View Post
    This rubs me the wrong way but it's what it is. Parise is a great player and a great guy to have in the dressing room, but I think the Devils did what they could to get him back. Lou doesn't negotiate during the season and yeah, this could have been approached earlier, but whatever.

I don't get the Kovy hate though. I've always liked him and he's nothing but liked by the team. He plays hard and has improved his game to fit the Devils style. He was great int he playoffs, and even better considering he was hurt for 3 rounds. His regular season stats were also really good.
    I don't hate him, i actually like him. But I do expect more from him in terms of back checking and board play. It irritates me that when he loses the puck on the blue line he makes almost no effort to either get back or stop the other guy from getting the puck. I'm not saying he does it all the time but a majority of the time.

He does play hard, and i appreciate that, but sometimes he plays to hard. Last year he was making that cross ice pass at the blue line way to much and he winded getting picked off a few times. He was just trying to much those times.

Anyway...how do you guys feel about Semin?

vCash
    Hopefully he wants to come here, word is he likes the pens

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.

vCash
    Why won't anyone sign Semin? We need the offense, let's take a run at him.
    twitter.com/heymangold

vCash
    I think he wants way too much money. I believe teams are waiting for the price to go down.

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.

vCash
    ^ i also think people are a little scared from his declining production

after the 2010 season when he had 84, hes been at 54 the last two years, and hes really the top guy in FA so he might be asking for to much.

We need a right wing though, we've been week there for a couple years.

vCash
    We absolutely NEED Semin. If we don't get him we need to trade for a forward who can put pucks in the net(Nash/E.Kane/Ryan) That being said, we can get Semin without giving up any assets. IF we transferred Kovy, we can do it to Semin too. He has one hell of a wrist shot too. Best in the league no doubt.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U7a_38K_UQ

He also can shoot high, which we struggle to do.

vCash
    ^ I think that we should get him...but if he is asking for to much then I don't think we should go after him. Since we didnt sign parise our cap room is huge...But then again the FA class of URFA is week so what would be saving the cap for outside of resigning our guys.

vCash
    Next season will be way better... Maybe save some money, pay the debt and buy it all up next year

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.

vCash
    I've read he is looking for 5.5 mill per year for 3-4 years.. Lou sign him already..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast