Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

My top 5 for the Wings in the draft:

After seeing how the first round shook out this is my top five for the Wings to pick in round 2:

1. Martin Frk, RW, Czech
    2. Ludvik Bystrom, D, Sweden
    3. Nikolai Prokhorkin, LW, Russia
    4. Esa Lindell, D, Finland
    5. Christoval Nieves, C, USA

I really like Frk and Bystrom because they play ruff and tumble unlike most European players.

vCash
    Im not gonna pretend to know anything about the draft prospects, but please Red Wings, just give me a few forwards that are big and physical. We are never going to have a Ryan Clowe/Lucic type guy on this team because we never draft anyone who can become that. If its a forward who plays physical, seems the guy is always small.

vCash
    Rough=good

Catches: 14 Yards: 125 TDs: 1

vCash
    Was hoping for a forward but definitely intrigued by Michael McKee our 5th rounder. 6'4 230...237 PIMS last year and 12 fights. Thats what im talkin about! Take a chance on some bruisers with later round picks...

vCash
    We grabbed Martin Frk. I've heard that this kid should have went much earlier.

vCash
    Frk is pretty sick. Just some injury problems.

vCash
    wow, I nailed it. This kid is big, he plays physical, but they say he's hot and cold. When he's hot he's a top first round talent. I think the wings got a steal here. I watched some highlights on this kid and I like what I see. As for the rest of the draft, all canadians btw, I like McKee also. I think we took some physical guys and are looking for some toughness from this class. The goalie is a mystery to me also. Didn't see us taking a goalie that high so they must like him.

vCash
    sounds like we did well today

I don't have a problem taking a goalie, I didn't think our minors were exactly loaded with them. And besides, too many goalies would be a good problem to have

vCash
    Rasmus Bodin is a ten foot tall beastman, geez. And I already have a term for DET's first pick "ohh that goalie just got "Frked"".
    Last edited by westhockeytown; 06-23-2012 at 05:17 PM.