Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I think we can all get on board with the statement that Bob and Varlamov, talent-wise, are relatively close. Close enough that Bob should have commanded at least close to what Varlamov commanded on the open market.

2 lottery picks for Varlamov vs. 1 mid second + others is not proportional to the talent.

vCash
    ok enough of the fighting back and forth on whether it was a good move or not.

fact of the matter is, it was necessary. at the least, it makes Bryz more comfortable knowing he doesn't have a 23 year old backing him up. at the most, it sheds salary and gets them something in return.

i just think this move is a precursor to something else. has to be. i also believe it takes the Flyers out of the Nash sweepstakes. otherwise, they would have worked out a bigger deal instead of just shipping Bob to CBJ.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post

fact of the matter is, it was necessary. at the least, it makes Bryz more comfortable knowing he doesn't have a 23 year old backing him up. at the most, it sheds salary and gets them something in return.

i just think this move is a precursor to something else. has to be. i also believe it takes the Flyers out of the Nash sweepstakes. otherwise, they would have worked out a bigger deal instead of just shipping Bob to CBJ.
    sorry dad

Bob has all the talent in the world, his flaws in North American hockey become cured with experience. When the guy is 27, watch out.

Really think they should of gotten a 1st though. Even if it was a 1st next year. I bet that was an option, but most likely they are loading ammo to trade up, word is theres someone they really like in the top 10. My guess would be Griffin Reinhart, but thats just me.

vCash

Not sure what that has to do with anything, but I agree with everything else.
    PHILLIES EAGLES FLYERS SIXERS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    I think we can all get on board with the statement that Bob and Varlamov, talent-wise, are relatively close. Close enough that Bob should have commanded at least close to what Varlamov commanded on the open market.

2 lottery picks for Varlamov vs. 1 mid second + others is not proportional to the talent.
    I think you're right about the talent being close, it's just the market is not the same. Last season there were very few goalies available...now there may be 4 or 5 goalies of Bob's value or even better. I think a better deal to compare it to is the Lindback deal that TB made last week. Lindback is close to Bob as well and he went for 2 2nds and a 2013 3rd but there were other moving parts as well so this deal is close in value to that deal.

vCash
    Bob was wasting away on the bench every game....That's not a bad bounty for a guy that wasn't even drafted. Homer has a uncanny ability to find undrafted talent out there...and he turned Bob into 3 draft picks...

I think Bob will be better then Bryz in a year or 2....so we'll see what happens..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbendz View Post
    Not sure what that has to do with anything, but I agree with everything else.
    with hockey goaltending, a very huge part of it is mental. If anything, this shows Bryz the commitment/belief/faith the Flyers front office has in him. And lets him do his own thing, knowing he doesnt have Bob breathing down his back. Now they'll get a proper backup for him.

vCash

Thats just ridiculous,I would hope that Bryz can goaltend like he is suppose to and like he is being paid to.We should not have to constantly worry about our $50/mil goalies mind set.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FLYER-FAN View Post
    Thats just ridiculous,I would hope that Bryz can goaltend like he is suppose to and like he is being paid to.We should not have to constantly worry about our $50/mil goalies mind set.
    ...are you familiar with professional athletes? very well known for being primadona's

Shawn Andrews?

vCash
    [QUOTE=phillyeaglesman;22614934]fact of the matter is, it was necessary. at the least, it makes Bryz more comfortable knowing he doesn't have a 23 year old backing him up. at the most, it sheds salary and gets them something in return.
    QUOTE]

Instead we will go sign a career backup so when Bryz loses his marbles or goes into that "everyone cares too much" stretch we have no other option but to play him and hope he snaps out of it.

vCash
    The year before Varlamov was traded he had a 2.23 GAA and .924 SV% in 27 games. Bob had a 3.02 GAA and .899 SV% in 29 games. I don't see how they would command the same return

City of Brotherly Love

vCash
    [QUOTE=StryderSox;22615191]
    QUOTE]

Instead we will go sign a career backup so when Bryz loses his marbles or goes into that "everyone cares too much" stretch we have no other option but to play him and hope he snaps out of it.
    Bob was terrible last year so if anything it will just be the same as it was last year if he "loses his marbles"

City of Brotherly Love

vCash
    [QUOTE=StryderSox;22615191]
    QUOTE]

look, like it or not, Bryz is here for the long-haul. everyone knew that the day they signed him to that 9 year deal. so you're better off trading Bob now, getting a pretty good deal out of it, and signing an actual back-up goalie who, IF NEEDED, can come into a game cold and be comfortable with it.

Bob would have drowned here. wasn't gonna get enough playing time.

this way you can sign a true backup that knows his role and can do it well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC1710 View Post
    Bob was wasting away on the bench every game....That's not a bad bounty for a guy that wasn't even drafted. Homer has a uncanny ability to find undrafted talent out there...and he turned Bob into 3 draft picks...

I think Bob will be better then Bryz in a year or 2....so we'll see what happens..
    Hope we win a cup before then...
    Prepare to experience sexual magic.

vCash
    For how bob played the last year we got decent return, I would of rather had the 31st pick instead of the 45th but it's alright, bob is going to be good in Columbus I think, so good trade for both teams, now flyers can look at hyka, by storm and few others at 45

FLYERS/EAGLES

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast