Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    Bryz looked like he could have learned a thing or two from Bob....especially how to go from pipe to pipe. I held my breathe every time Bryz did so...hoping he wouldn't trip over his own skates or just fall out of the crease.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thPrizedFighter View Post
    Bryz looked like he could have learned a thing or two from Bob....especially how to go from pipe to pipe. I held my breathe every time Bryz did so...hoping he wouldn't trip over his own skates or just fall out of the crease.
    he couldn't learn to do what Bob did. Bob has a gift at that. he's lightning quick. Bryz isn't that type of goalie. he's a big guy that uses size and technique to play his position. Bob relies on quickness and athletic ability.

two different styles of play. only things that Bryz really needs to work on are puck-handling and staying focused.

vCash
    Two different goalies...two different styles yes. Congrats.

Wasn't getting into the minutia. Bob uses his speed with technique to cross the pipes....although Bryz plays a different net he could have used better technique to cross the pipes. All I was trying to get across.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post

First off...there's nothing wrong with not wanting to see a guy with serious athletic ability and talent leave your organization. The same reason people were reluctant to give up on JVR.

There's a difference between not being happy to see the guy go and recognizing that it was the right thing. It had to be done..but at the same time it would have been interesting to see if he could develop into something strong.

And I guess secondly....don't mind us if we don't get on board with the "he straight up sucks" just because you said so ...not that you're not a bright guy..but you understand
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    bob straight up sucks? wow aren't you a quality hockey analyst
    I don't know how you could watch Bob last year and say that he doesn't suck right now, there were times last year when I questioned if Leighton was actually better than him at this point.

Wanna know how many guys had a better save percentage than him last year? 39.

Wanna know how many guys had a better GAA? 38.

Wanna know how many guys had more shutouts than him? 50+, he didn't record any.

I don't expect you guys to jump on board since most of you hate Bryz, but Bob has shown me nothing to prove that he will develop into a great goalie or a game changer even down the road. A lot of hockey analysts claim that he has the potential to, but IMO that's a long way away even if it happens. I have no problem with people saying he has the potential to be a great goalie because who knows what the future will bring, but I don't know how anyone can convincingly tell me that he played good last year.

THANK YOU DANNY B #48

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bringbackfredex View Post
    I don't know how you could watch Bob last year and say that he doesn't suck right now, there were times last year when I questioned if Leighton was actually better than him at this point.

Wanna know how many guys had a better save percentage than him last year? 39.

Wanna know how many guys had a better GAA? 38.

Wanna know how many guys had more shutouts than him? 50+, he didn't record any.

I don't expect you guys to jump on board since most of you hate Bryz, but Bob has shown me nothing to prove that he will develop into a great goalie or a game changer even down the road. A lot of hockey analysts claim that he
    has the potential to, but IMO that's a long way away even if it happens. I
    have no problem with people saying he has the potential to be a great goalie because who knows what the future will bring, but I don't know how anyone can convincingly tell me that he played good last year.
    There are several reasons why Bob was Inconsistant but from what I just read I dont think you would understand....No this,Bob will be a damn good starting goaltender soon with plenty of upside.Hated to see him go..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FLYER-FAN View Post
    There are several reasons why Bob was Inconsistant but from what I just read I dont think you would understand....No this,Bob will be a damn good starting goaltender soon with plenty of upside.Hated to see him go..
    You clearly didn't read it very well because you're missing the point. I'm not talking about the future, I'm asking someone to make an argument as to how he played well last year. You said it yourself, inconsistent. I never said once he had no chance to be good in the future, but getting rid of him at this point in time was the correct move.

THANK YOU DANNY B #48

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bringbackfredex View Post
    You clearly didn't read it very well because you're missing the point. I'm not talking about the future, I'm asking someone to make an argument as to how he played well last year. You said it yourself, inconsistent. I never said once he had no chance to be good in the future, but getting rid of him at this point in time was the correct move.
    So basically what you're saying is that it's OK for Bryz to suck for an entire half a year as the seasoned #1 starting goalie, but the second year kid who is now put as a back up for the first time isn't allowed to struggle and when he's not great he now "sucks"??

yeah, umm.......no

and make no mistake...Bryz was BAD the first half of last year...you will recall that during the first half Bob was on some rolls where he could have and should have played over a struggling bryz but he was put back on the bench so Bryz could get "right"..

you are well within your right to say Bryz is the better goaltender.....but to say Bob "sucks' because of last year is like comparing Apples and Pianos.

vCash
    vezina.

vCash
    Yup, such a bad move. Stupid Bryz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

vCash
    Given the situation, it was probably the right move. Signing Bryzgalov to that massive contract on the other hand, I've seen suicide victims make better decisions.

He woulda been ****ed in Washington...
    Update: Turns out he was ****ed in Kansas City too

Flyers PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2009
    Phillies PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2010

vCash
    Its over. Let it go.

vCash
    wellp ... randall seems to be right here haha ... i liked bob, but i thought it was a good move by homer at the time ... that was wrong. i remember that giroux said how hard it was to score on bob in practice ... hindsight is 20/20 but this sucks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theLgndKllr35 View Post
    Given the situation, it was probably the right move. Signing Bryzgalov to that massive contract on the other hand, I've seen suicide victims make better decisions.
    haha

vCash
    The evidence had been there that Bob was going to be the guy. I was posting mostly on another site at the time, and was very much against bringing in Bryz and signing him to the massive contract, because I thought bob was going to be the guy. It hurts a bit to have been right. It's no consolation at all to the fact that we're stuck with a headcase and gave away a Vezina quality goalie for peanuts.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash
    Are we really going to do this. Are we gonna mope over this. Bob is a young promising goalie and we traded him. It happened.

Lets try to keep this in perspective as well. I'm not predicting anything, but lets not forget that this was a shortened lockout season. In his short career he has yet to start more than 54 games. He won the Vezina Ina season in which he played 38 games. Did he take some steps forward this year? Yes, yes he did. But, just as its safe to assume that he will continue to play at a high level, it's also just as safe to assume that he can regress and be just an average goalie.

There's no point in moping over the past. Can't undo the trade. Move on.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast