Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman9518 View Post
    The year before Varlamov was traded he had a 2.23 GAA and .924 SV% in 27 games. Bob had a 3.02 GAA and .899 SV% in 29 games. I don't see how they would command the same return
    thank you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    thank you.
    yea because using statistics of a small sample size to skew reality is always the solution

Last years statistics simply prove Bob sucks as a backup. He's no good at cold starts or playing in relief.

vCash
    ...I smell Bobby Ryan...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    yea because using statistics of a small sample size to skew reality is always the solution

Last years statistics simply prove Bob sucks as a backup. He's no good at cold starts or playing in relief.
    I know, I've said Bob is gonna be a good starter. I'm not saying those stats determine who is the better player, but that is how the trade value for both players was determined.

City of Brotherly Love

vCash
    How come some many Philly fans over rate the Flyers players?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    ...I smell Bobby Ryan...
    Funny because Bobby Ryan and JVR are very similar players. JVR may have a higher potential and ceiling, but Bobby Ryan is a proven 30+ goal scorer.

Would be a very interesting trade to see who gets a kicker, because they are fairly close in value, not sure why either team would want to swap those 2 players. BUT, very interesting because I am sure the Flyers want that #6 pick as well. Homer blabbed and revealed he wants a top 6 pick

Flyers: JVR, 20th pick, 45th pick, Read, Bart/Bourdon
    Ducks: Ryan, #6

I would think thats kinda close. But I wouldnt do it if I am Homer, personally.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    How come some many Philly fans over rate the Flyers players?
    Believe me, we underrate them more often lol

vCash

What does it matter? You obviously see way more in the guy then myself and a few others.

Maybe your right, but maybe your not. True test is how those draft picks are used. Bob was a trade chip regardless.

vCash
    Funny because Bobby Ryan and JVR are very similar players. JVR may have a higher potential and ceiling, but Bobby Ryan is a proven 30+ goal scorer.

Would be a very interesting trade to see who gets a kicker, because they are fairly close in value, not sure why either team would want to swap those 2 players. BUT, very interesting because I am sure the Flyers want that #6 pick as well. Homer blabbed and revealed he wants a top 6 pick

Flyers: JVR, 20th pick, 45th pick, Read, Bart/Bourdon
    Ducks: Ryan, #6

I would think thats kinda close. But I wouldnt do it if I am Homer, personally
    idk. i'd have to strongly consider that deal. only because that #6 pick could be dumba, murray, rielly, trouba, reinhart, or the guy who's been compared to Giroux -- teravainen.

so you could potentially land a solid D-man there, along with bobby ryan. and you still have enough cap space to sign carle or whoever else you want.

i'd have to think long and hard about that deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    idk. i'd have to strongly consider that deal. only because that #6 pick could be dumba, murray, rielly, trouba, reinhart, or the guy who's been compared to Giroux -- teravainen.

so you could potentially land a solid D-man there, along with bobby ryan. and you still have enough cap space to sign carle or whoever else you want.

i'd have to think long and hard about that deal.
    obviously the JVR for Ryan aspect is 50/50 on if it will be a good deal, no real risk there. But you lose Matt Read, who scores 25 goals for pennies, very hard to replace that, but maybe he's a 1 season wonder... and hey you can draft a future star but they may not be ready for the NHL for a couple years...

yea I do not want to be Homer today...

if part of the "7 player deal" involves either Timonen or Briere waiving their NMC, I'll do some backflips later

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FLYER-FAN View Post
    I guess this trade takes us out of the running for Nash,if we were in on nash I would think bob would have been part of the deal so I guess we are now focusing on Bobby Ryan or Webber.
    good

vCash
    Hate to see Bob go because I think he had/has a chance to be a really strong goaltender in this league and it's a little frustrating to have to give up on a guy that young. Unfortunately his contract status is basically forcing us to make this move. We backed ourselves into a corner with his contract and now with Bryz in the way we blocked him from being able to develop somewhere.

He should get lots of PT in Columbus so good for Bob...but we had to do it.

vCash
    Love how certain people hate this move. Hate to tell you guys but Bob sucks, as a matter of fact right now he straight up sucks. Who cares what he's going to do 5 years from now, why keep a project who is going to hurt our cap that has no chance of playing anytime soon with Bryzgalov here?

It's the right move no matter how you look at it, we need help in other places and need all of the cap help we can get. Who cares who the backup is, Bob was terrible when he played anyway. Let Leighton do it for the league minimum, he honestly can't be any worse.

THANK YOU DANNY B #48

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bringbackfredex View Post
    Love how certain people hate this move. Hate to tell you guys but Bob sucks, as a matter of fact right now he straight up sucks. Who cares what he's going to do 5 years from now, why keep a project who is going to hurt our cap that has no chance of playing anytime soon with Bryzgalov here?

It's the right move no matter how you look at it, we need help in other places and need all of the cap help we can get. Who cares who the backup is, Bob was terrible when he played anyway. Let Leighton do it for the league minimum, he honestly can't be any worse.

First off...there's nothing wrong with not wanting to see a guy with serious athletic ability and talent leave your organization. The same reason people were reluctant to give up on JVR.

There's a difference between not being happy to see the guy go and recognizing that it was the right thing. It had to be done..but at the same time it would have been interesting to see if he could develop into something strong.

And I guess secondly....don't mind us if we don't get on board with the "he straight up sucks" just because you said so ...not that you're not a bright guy..but you understand

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bringbackfredex View Post

bob straight up sucks? wow aren't you a quality hockey analyst

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast