Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

vCash
    not 100%

vCash
    Hate it.

I'm gonna love watching him be the backbone of that franchise in 3 years, though.

Maybe we can get him back in FA

vCash
    That will free up some more cap money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    Hate it.

I'm gonna love watching him be the backbone of that franchise in 3 years, though.

Maybe we can get him back in FA
    I am right with you and will not hesitate for a moment to wallpaper this forum with "I told you so" posts 5 years from now when Bryzgalov is an expensive backup and Bobrovski is a top 5-10 goalie in the league.

vCash
    he leaves the corners open too much and we got better than value on bob ...

good reflexes are about 1/2 of being a good goalie ... instincts and positioning are the other two components and at this point, his instinct to go down into the butterfly as fast as he does is going to cost him for the rest of his career.

very solid move by homer ... good bye bob ... thanks for making that year with boocher easier to watch.

vCash
    Not thrilled with the return. Should've gotten more, but at least he's going to CBJ. Its not like Howson has a realistic shot of putting a decent team in front of him any time soon.

vCash
    Should have gotten more.I hate to see Bob go especially since now we have no choice but to put all our hope in Bryz and I for one am worried...
    I do understand what Homer is trying to do and I still have faith in him his decisions have been great for the most part..
    Would love Bobby Ryan here but only at the right price..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    he leaves the corners open too much and we got better than value on bob ...

good reflexes are about 1/2 of being a good goalie ... instincts and positioning are the other two components and at this point, his instinct to go down into the butterfly as fast as he does is going to cost him for the rest of his career.

very solid move by homer ... good bye bob ... thanks for making that year with boocher easier to watch.
    Just last year Washington got a first and a second from Colorado for Varlamov when he was a RFA. Is Bobrovsky that much worse than Varlamov? Varlamov had never played a full season and this year was the first time in his career he played in at least 50 games. If you look at his numbers this year and compare them to Bobrovsky's last year they are pretty close.

vCash
    varlamov was making about a million less and is better ... straight up better ... bob's numbers are inflated because our team is much better than washington

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    we got better than value on bob ...

Agreed.

vCash
    He was a RFA when he got traded and the Avs signed him to a deal that makes his cap hit 2.8; or about a million more than what Bob's will be this season. And the numbers I was referring to are Bobrovsky's rookie season and Varlamov's first season in Colorado. Nothing that I've seen so far in Varlamov's career makes me say he is just flat out much better than Bobrovsky. They are both very young and now Varlamov will have the better team in front of him, but I'll say I think Bobrovsky has more potential than Varlamov does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iInsulin View Post
    He was a RFA when he got traded and the Avs signed him to a deal that makes his cap hit 2.8; or about a million more than what Bob's will be this season. And the numbers I was referring to are Bobrovsky's rookie season and Varlamov's first season in Colorado. Nothing that I've seen so far in Varlamov's career makes me say he is just flat out much better than Bobrovsky. They are both very young and now Varlamov will have the better team in front of him, but I'll say I think Bobrovsky has more potential than Varlamov does.
    to each their own ...

vCash
    I guess this trade takes us out of the running for Nash,if we were in on nash I would think bob would have been part of the deal so I guess we are now focusing on Bobby Ryan or Webber.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Can't hate on it, he wasn't going to get his chance here because of Bryzgolav's contract. Best of luck to him.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast