Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Amnesty 2 of 3

vCash

Amnesty 2 of 3

If a mod could make a poll.

Unfortunately the Flyers are stuck with 3 bad contracts. Are any of these guys tradeable? Would any waive their no movement clause? I personally would amnesty Bryz and Hartnell because of the absurd contract lengths and no movement clauses. Hartnell at 31 with 6 more years is a scary thought when you see how slow he played this year and without any fire. I still would hate to be stuck with Danny for two more years though at 6.5. Is he more tradeable because a team may want him to get to the cap floor since he counts for 6.5 million but only will be paid 3 million and 2 million? Looking forward to input.

Briere and Bryz

Hartsy and Bryz

Briere and Hartsy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomeovie8 View Post
    If a mod could make a poll.

Unfortunately the Flyers are stuck with 3 bad contracts. Are any of these guys tradeable? Would any waive their no movement clause? I personally would amnesty Bryz and Hartnell because of the absurd contract lengths and no movement clauses. Hartnell at 31 with 6 more years is a scary thought when you see how slow he played this year and without any fire. I still would hate to be stuck with Danny for two more years though at 6.5. Is he more tradeable because a team may want him to get to the cap floor since he counts for 6.5 million but only will be paid 3 million and 2 million? Looking forward to input.

Briere and Bryz

Hartsy and Bryz

Briere and Hartsy
    This year you only amnesty Briere. This will give you enough cap space to make imporvments to the team. It will also give Bryz 1 more chance to prove he can be the number 1 and a chance to evlauate if Mason can be a number 1 again. It will also put us in an offseason with better goalie choices for FA... Miller, Hiller, Howard, Lundquist, and more.

As for Hartnell the length is scary, the cap hit is managable, and he is still tradable. Also this last year was tough for him. He admittedly came into a short camp out of shape because the players skating at Vorhees stopped skating after a few months, then after a few games he got hurt and was still out of shape for a while after coming back. He will bounce back. Maybe not to his all-star performance but likely his 25 goal pace. No need to fear the contract, in 4-5 years there will be another lock-out and another amnesty... lol
    "Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view.", "The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master.", "I find your lack of faith disturbing.", "I can feel your anger... it gives you focus, it makes you stronger!"