Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

NHL 2012 Entry Draft

Tonight at 7!

I start you off with this Brooksy quote

The Islanders are believed to have interest in Grigorenko and so does Toronto at No. 5, but if he somehow slides into double digits, the Rangers will investigate every option of moving up to get him, unlikely a scenario as that may be.
    Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1yXG5V0nM
    BRAIN TRUST
    johnnylee722 | MetsFan19 | dwright3b5 | jetsfan89 | Twinke Masta | ritz | MrSexy | jetsfan28

Charlotte Convicts MLB Re-Draft Clubhouse

Creed: So hey, I want to set you up with my daughter.
    Jim: Oh, I'm engaged to Pam.
    Creed: I thought you were gay.
    Jim: Then why would you want to set me up with your daughter?
    Creed: I don't know.

vCash
    we are not getting anywhere near that high in this draft. Sorry just dont see it

vCash
    Never know, with the BJ's and Ana. Asking alot for both Nash and Ryan, the Rangers could easily trade the 28th and a prospect or 2 to move into the top 10.

vCash
    you could trade the 28th and a player like valentenko......or the 28th and our second with a 3rd next year or a 2nd

props to sfgiants5518

GO 'CUSE

vCash
    30 minutes away now.

vCash
    IMO Rangers go anywhere in the draft its out of the first round cause they make a move for a first line player.

vCash
    The Rangers select D Brady Skjei

In his second season with the U.S. National Team Development Program in Ann Arbor, Skjei (pronounced SHAY) helped the U.S. capture gold at the Under-18 World Championship leading the way defensively with a plus-10 rating.

Skjei has committed to the University of Minnesota for the fall of 2012. His grandfather, Stan, was a collegiate football star for the Gophers in the early 1960’s and attending the University of Minnesota has been his dream since he was young.

Making the Minnesota State Tournament in 2010 with Lakeville North high school is his favorite hockey memory – he recorded 29 points (11-18--29) in 30 games during the 2009-2010 season.

U.S. NTDP head coach Danton Cole
    “His game has improved greatly, both offensively and defensively. He's a tremendous skater and a good example of a guy who understands the little nuances of playing defense. He's thrived in the [USNTDP] program and is a physical specimen; he's big and strong and has made great strides in learning how to play the game. His angling is good and he has put himself in a really good position moving forward in his career.”

vCash
    So Skjei it is, not bad.

vCash
    So I'm hearing a lot of talk that since we took a D at the draft, this could be more of a hint that we could be moving youth for a big trade. Or it could be a serious pick and means nothing at all, even though we're stacked on D like no other. I was actually surprised that Sather didn't move the pick already for a big trade. Also heard that we almost had Staal from a few people on Twitter, but I guess Sutter was better than what we were offering, or PIT didn't want him to be in the division still.

I'm still feeling torn about what this team should do. Whether they make a big trade or stick to the plan? Kind of sucks haha.

vCash
    They're saying this kid we drafted can skate really well and has a "bomb " of a shot ......sounds good to me

vCash
    Still can't believe we passed on Matteau though, don't know much about the guy we got but I figured with Matteau's size, and connection to the franchise we'd have taken him. Gonna hate when he scores against us and the NJ announcers start yelling MATTEAU MATTEAU MATTEAU!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    Still can't believe we passed on Matteau though, don't know much about the guy we got but I figured with Matteau's size, and connection to the franchise we'd have taken him. Gonna hate when he scores against us and the NJ announcers start yelling MATTEAU MATTEAU MATTEAU!!!
    In preseason

vCash
    I am ecstatic about the Nieves pick. First, I am a recent graduate of the University of Michigan, and second, this kid's upside is unreal. If he is able to hone in on a couple of characteristics, look out.

MICHIGAN WOLVERINES

St. Louis Cardinals:
    1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011
    New York Rangers:
    192728 193233 193940 199394
    New York Knicks
    :
    1970 1973
    New York Giants:
    1986 1990 2007 2011

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

vCash
    Floored me when the commentators compared him to Hugh Jessiman. Looks like our philosophy is to draft speed and size. Saw we dealt our 3rd to Nash. And they ****ed us by taking Zach Stepan a couple of picks ahead of us in the 4th.

vCash
    Anyone see the interview with Carolina's GM-where he said its been the Staal's dream to play together on the same team. When he was asked about Marc who has 3yrs. Left on his contract he stood quite. Conspiracy Theory: we have been rumored to be moving a D-man with MDZ and Erixon's name coming up, but what if we end up dealing Marc to Carolina-who would we be looking for in return? Skinner and a prospect or a pick?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast