Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Parise says "No way" to signing with Rangers

The twitter world is blowing up with quotes from all beat writers stating that Parise says no way he signs with the Rangers. Thoughts comments? If this is in another thread sorry felt it deserved its own thread.

vCash
    Kinda hurts but I expected him to resign with the devils. He loves that franchise and is the captain there for a reason. He would of been a great player for us but I really wanted someone with a little more size up front (Nash) lol. We have a player like parise in callahan just not as dangerous scoring wise.

vCash
    Wait until someone offers him the money.
    METS
    RANGERS
    JETS
    KNICKS

CHELSEA- CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!!

vCash
    they're better off not even pursuing him. For the price he's not worth it, I'd much rather add depth and trade for a guy like radulov, ryan or getzlaf who all can solve our biggest problem of creativity on offense.

vCash
    I expected that, he's signing in New Jersey, there's no doubt about it, said it all along.

vCash
    I don't think they'll sign Parise, never did. He's the captain for one of their rivals. I'd prefer Rick Nash anyway.

vCash
    Ehhh, money talks, and with the Rangers having deep pockets and 17-18 mill to spend after resigns, your never know what could happen, that 7.5/8 mill a year offer could get him to see NY in a different light.

vCash
    I prefer Bobby Ryan, he has a cheaper contract.

vCash
    He says no way now, but wait till july 1st.... Hes not going to take the blacklash now in case he doesnt sign with the rangers. Not saying he will. Just saying if someone asked me a question 3 weeks before the fact, i would probably say the same thing. What would happen if he says he wants to be a ranger. That hurts his leverage in getting a good deal.

vCash
    We never do well with ex devils anyway see 1. Bruce Driver 2. Scott Gomez 3 Bobby Holik
    did I miss any?

vCash
    I agree that he had to give that answer. I also prefer Ryan or Nash over him because they have better hands and can create on their own. I think he ends up in Detroit (Suter also) if he doesnt resign. I find it funny that many fans on twitter are saying hes not that good anyway, it makes me laugh so id figure share that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Foge7 View Post
    Ehhh, money talks, and with the Rangers having deep pockets and 17-18 mill to spend after resigns, your never know what could happen, that 7.5/8 mill a year offer could get him to see NY in a different light.
    The Rangers aren't the only team in the league with deep pockets. If anyone else thinks Toronto, Montreal, Detroit etc aren't gonna look at Parise if he's available they aren't thinking clearly. He'll sign with the Devils.

vCash
    I really hope that makes Sather not even pursue him...

Not that the guy isn't good, but I really dont want him at the dollar amounts/years that are being speculated he will get.

If there isn't anything else out there that offers a significant upgrade, rather just sit tight. Maybe even use that cash to lock up some guys early that will need to get paid soon...

vCash
    Whatever **** him

vCash
    What gets said through the media should carry zero weight, besides what should the "captain" of the Devils say? "yeah, I'm going to keep my options open"...

Doesnt matter anyway, he isnt the "ideal" fit for this team anyway, IMHO. The Rangers, if given the choice, should be in the market for more size and Parise is far from a tower of power. Not to mention the contract will probably make Nash's look affordable.

Besides, the Yankees have learned their lesson with Japanese pitchers, wont the Rangers learn their lesson with ex-Devils.... :P

Parise to Detroit or back to the Dev's for a "creative" contract. Book it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast