Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Nervous

vCash

Getting Nervous

I don't know if anyone is feeling what I'm feeling but I am really nervous. All this talk about other teams looking at Nash, Ryan, and we haven't even made a single move yet. I understand its early but teams in the east are getting better. If the flyers grab one of these guys they are going to be scary as the hurricanes and pitts have gotten better. I think Parise resigns with the Devils.

Do you guys really think we are pushing hard for these guys and what other small moves do you think Sather is looking at (Dubi being traded) replacement for prust ext....

vCash
    every team in our division is making moves but us. I also believe Lou will find a way to resign Parise.

I don't want Glen to make a move out of desperation, but I HOPEEEEE he's got some things brewing behind the scenes. Our division is getting a hell of alot tougher by the day, and we're going to be taking a step back without Gabs for a few months.

So yes, I guess you could say I'm starting to get a little nervous as well =o/

vCash
    I think the Rangers hope they can take care of their own players first (Prust/Dubinsky). I'd like them to be aggressive and sign someone...NOW.

vCash
    Glen said "I will be fairly active in the free agent market" So look for him to spend, will probably go for one of Parise/Semin/Doan

Then look for Ryan in a trade, but they want Stepan and that prolly wont happen.

vCash
    Parise is not coming here..... If he doesn't resign with the devils, I could see him going to Detroit, Pittsburgh, or Minnesota all before even considering us IMO. I also think Doan is going nowhere. No thanks to Semin!!

If giving up Stepan brings us Ryan, you do it in a heartbeat. I love Derek and the potential is there, but Ryan is a proven star in this league and exactly what we need. He'd just have to change his number, we've got that one hanging up over MSG =o)

vCash
    I think we are being impatient if we are expecting a trade or big splash so soon. The Knicks did not understand the leverage they had in a trade, and they gave up more assets than needed. The Rangers do not want to depart with too much of the team to acquire top talent. There is too much time until the start of the season to meet the demands of Howson and overspend. It is not like anyone else is offering the right package at this time either.

MICHIGAN WOLVERINES

St. Louis Cardinals:
    1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011
    New York Rangers:
    192728 193233 193940 199394
    New York Knicks
    :
    1970 1973
    New York Giants:
    1986 1990 2007 2011

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

vCash
    I would do stepan in a heartbeat for ryan as well. You have to do that trade as ryan is only a couple years older lol. I am sorry that I am impatient but with the east getting tougher and us standing pat it gets me worried. With gabs out I am nervous for the next season because I do believe that we are that one scorer away from winning it all.

vCash
    Flyers are planning to go all in on Parise.
    John Buccigross of ESPN believes the Rangers will eventually land Ryan.
    As long as Stepan is not in a deal for Ryan, I am fine with it.

vCash
    Stepan is 21 years old and coming off back to back 50 point seasons, who fills the hole at 2nd line Center? Dubinsky or Anisimov? Yeah no thanks, if Sather moves Stepan then he is an idiot.

Sorry but there is NO reason at all to move Stepan, it will be the dumbest thing he ever did, yes worse than the Gomez/Redden signing....

vCash
    Heres my problem, while we have guys that give it 100% game in game out most of our home grown forwards are second round or later picks. Now yes good players slip, I know that but theres a difference in a top 5 picks skills then someone who goes mid to late second round and out. We have a goalie and d that can keep us at 2 goals against or less but we cant score 3 goals a game, because most our forwards are not top end skill. While most people say stay the course let them develop they forget that other teams top picks are developing as well. Edmonton has all the writing on the wall to be the next hawks/pens.

Heres what worries me about the trading. 1 if the flyers land Ryan they could still get another d. If they get Parise they can still get another d. If Parise goes to the Pens that would be one sick 1/2 punch. Then any team that Sather calls know they have him by the balls. They have opened the window of opportunity to the cup run but if they stand pat the window will close quickly. I dont want Hank to be the next Kipper.

vCash
    There isn't a need to be nervous. I don't see the Flyers as having gotten better, yet, and losing Staal and Michalek for Suter (in terms of day 1 lineup changes) is not an improvement, yet. Perhaps longer-term, as players & picks develop, yes, but that remains to be seen and, importantly, the offseason is not nearly over. So, all teams still have ample opportunities to improve, including the Rangers.

Let's revisit this at end of the offseason. We need more scoring and defensive depth -- let's see how Sather gets this done, if at all, by end of offseason.

vCash
    Forget about dealing Stepan, we are looking to get over the hump and dealing a piece to get a piece still leaves us back to where we started. If we are making a deal it has to be for picks, prospects and players who don't fit in are style/system. I said this before in another forum, as I was watching the draft I saw the Carolina's GM made a comment that it was the Staal brother's dream to play together. And when the comment was made about him needing 1 more Staal to make it happen, he went silent. Conspiracy Theory: would he be looking to get Marc next? What would he be willing to give up? Marc has 3yrs left on his contract, he's a big,young,physical d-man who blocks shots and who logs 24/25 min./gm. If we were to sign Schultz(ELC) and Suter to solidify are defense(Suter/Girardi--McDonagh/MDZ--Schultz/Sauer or Erixon or Stalman) we could deal Staal and say St.Croix and/or Thomas for Skinner.

vCash
    Mr Wiskers, Schultz and Suter signing here and flipping Staal for Skinner seems like a pipe dream. From all the rumored reports Schultz wants to sign somewhere hes gaurenteed to be in the top 4.

vCash
    If we dealt Staal or MDZ for a forward, he'd be in our top 4.

vCash
    Well he'd be in our top 4-eventually. I think he didn't sign with Ana.(who drafted him because he wanted to say in the northeast). As there's rumors that he'd like to sign with one of the Canadian teams, though he played with Stepan and McDonagh.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast