13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dream Team

3 23.08%
  • Everyone Else

10 76.92%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SanPitte View Post
    laettner would never step foot on the court, not when you have robinson/ewing and malone/barkley rotations
    If they are having to defend Kareem, Wilt, and Duncan in the post and try to stop the drives of Kobe, Lebron, and Dr. J they will be in foul trouble pretty quick.

The dream team has some weak link in Laettner, Mullins, and Drexler. The everyone else team is elite from top to bottom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenP View Post
    First I'd replace Shaq with Bill Russell.

The combination of Russell, Duncan, Wilt, and Kareem would be too much for the Dream Team big men. They would have had a better chance with Olajuwan instead of Laettner. Christian would get eaten alive any time he stepped on the court.

I would also replace Wade with Havlicek and Kidd with Payton.
    when russel was dominating the league it was full of 6 foot white guys...lol
    shaq is by far the most dominant force at center in the history of the NBA..

vCash
    drexler was great, mullin was a great shooter
    russell and chamberlain played against smaller and far less athletic players than nowadays, they would struggle against ewing and robinson
    shaq wouldn't have it his way either against robinson
    malone has always been good against duncan, whom he defended pretty well in 2004 at the age of 40
    so i don't think that the other team would kill the dream team inside
    and as i said, the dream team would have a far better chemistry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SanPitte View Post
    drexler was great, mullin was a great shooter
    russell and chamberlain played against smaller and far less athletic players than nowadays, they would struggle against ewing and robinson
    shaq wouldn't have it his way either against robinson
    malone has always been good against duncan, whom he defended pretty well in 2004 at the age of 40
    so i don't think that the other team would kill the dream team inside
    and as i said, the dream team would have a far better chemistry
    Malone and Duncan would be tricky, but Shaq would eat Ewing/Robinson for breakfast. Literally too

vCash
    Word!!! If this is everyone in their prime, them dream team hands down. Best Team ever assembled.

vCash
    shaq was dominant, but robinson was a great defensive player, very tall AND athletic (the man was a double double machine, had a few triple double, and even a quadruple double)
    prime shaq (late 90s early 2000s) also had troubles against an old post injury robinson, imagine him going up against a prime admiral...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12