Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 175765666768 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1014
    vCash
    Mauer cleared waivers, went unclaimed according to the score.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Not surprised, 6/138 alot for the guy!

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglesbaby4lyfe View Post
    Mauer cleared waivers, went unclaimed according to the score.
    code for bad contract.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Pretty much every player clears waivers.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    A concept that most baseball fans don't understand. Hell, I even hear "experts" on the radio say that player X is on waivers and they act like they can't believe it...you'd think these guys would know better.

vCash
    Exactly. Jose Bautista or EE would clear waivers. It's just a procedural thing. The only guys who wouldn't are guys like Harper/Trout who are stars making 400K and have 5-6 years of control left.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

vCash
    Torii Hunter said that he is open to signing anywhere this off season "especially if David Ortiz is there." i know he was refering to if ortiz was in Boston, however if we manage to sign Ortiz would anyone be open to Hunter playing a bit of LF for us if Papi could convince him? i think that would be a pretty decent option to fill that LF void. Not too sure if its possible but one can always hope

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by halladaymvp View Post
    A concept that most baseball fans don't understand. Hell, I even hear "experts" on the radio say that player X is on waivers and they act like they can't believe it...you'd think these guys would know better.
    Must be hockey fans...in the NHL it's very rare to see a noteworthy player placed on waivers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
    Torii Hunter said that he is open to signing anywhere this off season "especially if David Ortiz is there." i know he was refering to if ortiz was in Boston, however if we manage to sign Ortiz would anyone be open to Hunter playing a bit of LF for us if Papi could convince him? i think that would be a pretty decent option to fill that LF void. Not too sure if its possible but one can always hope
    Tori is 37 and coming off 18m this season, Its hard to say what he would want, but I think if we have a chance at Ortiz, that he would come. I don't see, and its just my opinion that AA will roll out 25 to 30m a year for 2 37 year olds. Just doesn't seem his style.

vCash
    With starting pitching in short supply this free agent year...how about trading Escobar for a young starter? Take the money saved from signing a starter and sign Ortiz, or another bat? The offense we lose between Esco to Hech be more than made up with addition of Ortiz.

vCash
    so you absolutely know how snider and hech are going to be as mlb hitters. Must be nice.
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

vCash
    Pretty much every player is placed on waivers - not clear them.

Quote Originally Posted by halladaymvp View Post
    Yeah, a player placed on waivers should not be news of any kind.

Exactly. Jose Bautista or EE would clear waivers. It's just a procedural thing. The only guys who wouldn't are guys like Harper/Trout who are stars making 400K and have 5-6 years of control left.
    A HIGHLY doubt Bautista or EE would clear waivers. Hell, Rios didn't even clear waivers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fatkev78 View Post
    Pretty much every player is placed on waivers - not clear them.
    And pretty much every player clears them.

Yeah, a player placed on waivers should not be news of any kind.
    ...Because most players clear them.

A HIGHLY doubt Bautista or EE would clear waivers. Hell, Rios didn't even clear waivers.
    Rios didn't clear waivers because Williams is crazy. Most players with big contracts clear it.

vCash
    And pretty much every player clears them.

Rios didn't clear waivers because Williams is crazy. Most players with big contracts clear it.
    Pretty much every player with bad contracts clear.
    Players with quality contracts get claimed then pulled back by their team and we never hear about it.

Crazy or not, you think if Rios can be claimed that Bautista or EE wouldn't be?
    Rios aside to state that pretty much every player clears and Bautista & EE would as well is wrong.

vCash
    I guarantee Jose and Edwin would get picked up if they went through waivers. I see both of your point of views but fatkev is right, Jose has a very decent contract that would attract teams. Same with Edwin. If they placed say....Adam Lind on waivers its a different story.

Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 175765666768 LastLast