Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Minnesota Wild Fan Check-In

Any Minnesota Wild fans out there?! I'm going to post as much news and stuff about the team that I can. Hopefully we can revive this forum!

Current, past, and new posters please check or re-check yourself into the forum. We look forward to talking hockey throughout the 2012-13 season and beyond!

1. Current Location-

2. Minnesota Wild Fan Since-

3. Favorite Current Wild Player-

4. Favorite Past Wild Player-

5. Any Other Sports That Interest You? Any Other Professional Sports Teams You Root For?-

6. Anything Else You Want To Share?-
    Last edited by SportsNY; 06-22-2012 at 11:34 PM.

vCash
    Would be good for Wild/hockey fans to also fill this out here in this thread.

"1. Location-

2. Favorite Current Wild-

3. Favorite Former Wild-

4. What other teams in the NHL do you root for?

5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for?

6. Anything else you care to share?"

(taken from the "welcome to wild forum thread")

vCash
    1. Location- Long Island, New York/East Lansing, Michigan

2. Favorite Current Wild- N/A

3. Favorite Former Wild- N/A

4. What Other teams in the NHL do you root for? I don't. Brand new fan, looking for a team to root for.

5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? Love the MLB, NBA, NFL...into college football and bball as well. Mets, Jets, Knicks, MSU Spartans are my teams.

6. Anything else you care to share?- I really want to get into hockey next season and have searching for a team to root for. My basic team identity would line me up for the Islanders but I'm afraid I just can't do it. If I really do fall in love with hockey like I think I will and the Islanders are taken off LI it would have been a waste of time...so my search for an NHL team to root for starts here. By helping revive this forum (hopefully) with my friend I hope to learn a lot about hockey and who knows...maybe I'll randomly like the Wild? I'm wide open to any team right now.

vCash
    Heres to hoping we can get some more good posters in here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerjug View Post
    Yea man! You'll be amazed how much thread organization and news updates can start a flow of new posters. I hope to see a lot of those guests showing up...because that means people are interested!

vCash
    Its pretty easy to fall in love with the Wild, I have been a life long Red Wings fan but I live in Minnesota, once the wild came in town I fell in love and adopted them as my "second" team. The fans are crazy about the team, which is represented by the sellout streak. Your looking for your hockey identity and so are the Wild in a way with a extremely young team (#2 rated prospect pool) as well as boasting the #1/#2 (depends on who) player not playing in the NHL yet in Mikael Granlund. Next year he will be a rookie and is by far a shoe in for rookie of the year. I know you live in NY but one trip to the Excell Energy Center and you would be hooked. I mean there are very few losing teams the past three years who still sells out pretty much every game and loves their team no matter what. We were number 1 in the NHL past December but well we are infamous for getting the injury bug. This season will be interesting but with something like 5 kids turning pro, and many of them being top rated prospects, it shouldnt be long for them to turn this ship around.

"1. Location- St Paul, Minnesota/ Leeuwarden, Netherlands

2. Favorite Current Wild- Hmmm Clutterbuck

3. Favorite Former Wild- The Boogey man

4. What other teams in the NHL do you root for? Detroit

5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? Vikings, Timberwolves, Twins/Braves

6. Anything else you care to share?" My first language is not English, so sometimes if I dont make sense just read it again and try to think what I was trying to say haha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerjug View Post
    Yeah im tired with just arguing with Killer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Its pretty easy to fall in love with the Wild, I have been a life long Red Wings fan but I live in Minnesota, once the wild came in town I fell in love and adopted them as my "second" team. The fans are crazy about the team, which is represented by the sellout streak. Your looking for your hockey identity and so are the Wild in a way with a extremely young team (#2 rated prospect pool) as well as boasting the #1/#2 (depends on who) player not playing in the NHL yet in Mikael Granlund. Next year he will be a rookie and is by far a shoe in for rookie of the year. I know you live in NY but one trip to the Excell Energy Center and you would be hooked. I mean there are very few losing teams the past three years who still sells out pretty much every game and loves their team no matter what. We were number 1 in the NHL past December but well we are infamous for getting the injury bug. This season will be interesting but with something like 5 kids turning pro, and many of them being top rated prospects, it shouldnt be long for them to turn this ship around.

"1. Location- St Paul, Minnesota/ Leeuwarden, Netherlands

2. Favorite Current Wild- Hmmm Clutterbuck

3. Favorite Former Wild- The Boogey man

4. What other teams in the NHL do you root for? Detroit

5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? Vikings, Timberwolves, Twins/Braves

6. Anything else you care to share?" My first language is not English, so sometimes if I dont make sense just read it again and try to think what I was trying to say haha.
    Oh nice man! Thanks for explaining to me the Wild culture it sounds awesome I am very loyal fan to my teams and the fan base of the Wild sounds awesome.

I lived with a couple of Red Wings fans this year when I was in MI for my junior year of college...didn't make it out the Joe yet but if I become a Wild fan I definitely will go out there to catch a game...and of course I'd have to go visit MN to see my team! Getting way ahead of myself here but I'm just a hockey rookie so be patient with me haha.

vCash
    Haha I got ya. Just know if your open minded hockey can take over haha. I use to be just a casual fan, but now I find myself tracking every signing, trade and prospect Bio I can get my hands on, passes the time especially at work haha.

vCash
    1. Location- Long Island, New York

2. Favorite Current Wild- N/A

3. Favorite Former Wild- N/A

4. What Other teams in the NHL do you root for? I am a Rangers fan, and would like to have a team to root for in the West.

5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? Braves, NY Jets, Knicks, NY Rangers, St. John's Red Storm

6. Anything else you care to share? I was a hockey fan as a kid pre-lockout. I actually was an "Islanders fan." I lost interest until this year when I went to many Rangers games, and got back into it. Now I'm a Rangers fan-in-progress.

vCash
    Location- Syracuse, NY

Favorite Current Wild: Uhh.. Koivu?

Favorite Former Wild: N/A

What other teams in the NHL do you root for?- Not any one in particular, I enjoy rooting against a few (Rangers, Penguins, Flyers, ect.)

Other sports- MLB and College Basketball, the Mets and Syracuse University in particular. I follow the NFL and NBA but ultimately tire of them, but I do root for the Vikings and Timberwolves.

Caring to share- When I was a small child, I didn't have an interest in the NFL or the NBA because I didn't play the sports. But I decided to root for Minnesota teams since I had family there, and Kevin Garnett helped to really solidify that decision. The Wolves are now incredibly fun to root for.

I just figured since I'm pro-Minnesota and don't have a hockey team, why not the Wild. Plus I saw NYHeartbreak's ad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Norwegian View Post
    Location- Syracuse, NY

Favorite Current Wild: Uhh.. Koivu?

Favorite Former Wild: N/A

What other teams in the NHL do you root for?- Not any one in particular, I enjoy rooting against a few (Rangers, Penguins, Flyers, ect.)

Other sports- MLB and College Basketball, the Mets and Syracuse University in particular. I follow the NFL and NBA but ultimately tire of them, but I do root for the Vikings and Timberwolves.

Caring to share- When I was a small child, I didn't have an interest in the NFL or the NBA because I didn't play the sports. But I decided to root for Minnesota teams since I had family there, and Kevin Garnett helped to really solidify that decision. The Wolves are now incredibly fun to root for.

I just figured since I'm pro-Minnesota and don't have a hockey team, why not the Wild. Plus I saw NYHeartbreak's ad.
    Welcome Angry Norwegian! Hope to see you around a lot here...I recognize you from the Mets forum.

vCash
    1. Current Location- Brooklyn Park, MN

2. Minnesota Wild Fan Since- Day one!

3. Favorite Current Wild Player- Clutterbuck/Koivu

4. Favorite Past Wild Player- Boogey

5. Any Other Sports That Interest You? Any Other Professional Sports Teams You Root For?- Twins, Vikings and T-Wolves

6. Anything Else You Want To Share? Hmmm ..what else could I share??? My cousin is dating a property of the Red Wings. I'm not the greatest hockey mind, but do pay attention enough and try to mix it up. One way to learn more is jump on in! Visitors sign up!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thechom80 View Post
    1. Current Location- Brooklyn Park, MN

2. Minnesota Wild Fan Since- Day one!

3. Favorite Current Wild Player- Clutterbuck/Koivu

4. Favorite Past Wild Player- Boogey

5. Any Other Sports That Interest You? Any Other Professional Sports Teams You Root For?- Twins, Vikings and T-Wolves

6. Anything Else You Want To Share? Hmmm ..what else could I share??? My cousin is dating a property of the Red Wings. I'm not the greatest hockey mind, but do pay attention enough and try to mix it up. One way to learn more is jump on in! Visitors sign up!!!
    Welcome thechom80! Hope to see you around here a lot, and yes GUESTS sign up, it's only been a few days and posters are already coming strong.

GUESTS REGISTER HERE: CLICK TO REGISTER
    Last edited by NYMetropolitans; 06-24-2012 at 01:52 PM.

vCash
    NYM i love the enthusiasm i feel we can become a somewhat popular forum especially for the NHL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast