Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Game Thread - October

10/3 - Kings at Wild (3-2 shootout loss)
    10/5 - Ducks at Wild
    Last edited by PurpleJesus; 10-05-2013 at 01:06 PM.

vCash
    Some things I want to see tomorrow...

Brodin not having a sophomore slump
    First line clicking
    Heatley playing with some fire
    one or two of Granlund/Coyle/Nino getting a goal or multiple assists
    Dumba playing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    Some things I want to see tomorrow...

Brodin not having a sophomore slump
    First line clicking
    Heatley playing with some fire
    one or two of Granlund/Coyle/Nino getting a goal or multiple assists
    Dumba playing
    I think coyle is going to be a beast this year.. Im hoping for 20+ goals..

I heard Dumba will be sitting out the opener and will likely suite up saturday night.. Not sure why that is

I am also looking for Konopka to put some hurt on dustin brown, that dude deserves a good beating..

vCash
    http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-...sion-with-wild

Jason Pominville 5 year extension, averaging 5.6 million a year.. Solid deal for both sides. This will help lure Thomas Vanek here next year IMO
    Last edited by JoeBlessU; 10-03-2013 at 01:24 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBlessU View Post
    I think coyle is going to be a beast this year.. Im hoping for 20+ goals..

I heard Dumba will be sitting out the opener and will likely suite up saturday night.. Not sure why that is

I am also looking for Konopka to put some hurt on dustin brown, that dude deserves a good beating..
    Is Brown playing tonight?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    Is Brown playing tonight?
    Yes.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...#axzz2ggSzUMxI

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBlessU View Post
    http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-...sion-with-wild

Jason Pominville 5 year extension, averaging 5.6 million a year.. Solid deal for both sides. This will help lure Thomas Vanek here next year IMO
    Great news.

vCash
    Ballard dropping the gloves, nice to see.

vCash
    El Nino with the saucer in the conservatory.

vCash
    I blame this one on Yeo and his stupid, conservative, dump and chase when you're up philosophy. It's like watching the Vikings one D when they're up in the fourth quarter.

vCash
    Just got done watching my recording of the game.

The better team lost. Dumb. At least we got a point from a very good team.

Ballard is a nice addition. I saw him make one very terrible mistake at about the 2:30 mark in the 2nd, when he turned it over in our own zone, but it did not lead to a goal. Other than that, I think he had a nice game. Had a very nice hit on Brown, and won a fight.

All the young guys looked good, specifically Coyle and Nino.

Backstrom is what he is. Good enough to squeeze out points when your defense only allows 18 shots, but absolutely terrible in shoot outs.

I was hoping to see a change in Heatley as he is in a contract year, but he looked the same as last year.

Defensive pairings look a lot better.

We actually looked very good in this game, but I agree with Nate. Since Yeo has taken over, we always seem content with one goal leads. Instead of keeping the offensive attack going, it seems we play too defensively...one goal leads are not enough.

vCash
    First line needs to do a lot more...we have something like 20 million tied into those guys. Not that Koivu was bad, but Coyle was much better. If that continues, put him with Pominville and Parise. Also, Heatley is just...god that guy is slow. Coyle and Nino have a lot of talent, and played very well. Granlund belongs with those guys, not Heatley. Put Heatley on the third line with Cooke and Brodiziak, where there physical play will set up his shot, don't put him on a skilled line where he kills puck movement and opportunities. Put a skilled player on a skilled line.

Its way too early, but based on one game (which should not be a decision maker), my lines would be...

Parise - Coyle - Pominville
    Nino - Koivue - Granlund
    Cooke - Brod - Heatley
    4th line = matchups

Our young guys out performed the money guys today. I don't know if that had to do with the luck of the lines our money line went up against today or what (which if it did, that is a coaching plunder), but Granlund, Coyle and Nino all played better than Parise, Koivu and Pominville.

I attribute some of the young guys out performing the money line due to the competitive nature of the exhibition season, where they all had to outwork each other to make the team, and in the long run of the season, Parise, Koivu, and Pom will likely be better...but god, for those three guys who are known for their work ethic and leadership, you would think that they would come out with better play than guys who are just trying to find their way.

vCash
    I know he's still young but it's very disappointing to see Granlund constantly overpowered and pushed off the puck. On the other hand, Nino was all over the place making plays last night.

vCash
    I actually thought we outplayed the kings by quite a bit, kinda disappointing to only get 1 point for the effort. I know the first line didnt perform up to their compensation, but i think they were close to putting us up two goals several times, which would have sealed the win. Backstrom was so-so... I think we will slowly move towards splitting time between he and harding, backs is just so bad in shootouts and i dont understand why... before it began i almost thought we should have thrown in a cold harding..

This team has a lot more "swag" to it than last year, the young guys are finding some confidence, which is a great sign, especially coyle.. I agree, he could be a first liner for sure.

vCash
    ^the consensus is the Wild did play better. As for Backstrom I think it was a 3 year extension we gave him, so we will be losing shootouts until then.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast