Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should the Wild select with the #7 overall pick?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jacob Trouba

1 33.33%
  • Morgan Rielly

0 0%
  • Teuvo Teravainen

0 0%
  • Griffin Reinhart

2 66.67%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

2012 NHL Draft (June 22-23): Minnesota Wild

I didn't see a thread for this yet so I figured I would make one gentlemen.

So, who should the Wild take with the #7 overall pick?

Obviously a lot of this depends on availability but defenseman and forward are the top 2 priorities.
    Last edited by NYMetropolitans; 06-22-2012 at 04:23 AM.

vCash
    Please feel free to keep all posts about the 2012 NHL Draft in this thread. Good luck with draft!

vCash
    trade backstrom for something good tonight please

vCash
    Wild GM says there's no plans of that, so I don't think so killer.

vCash
    What do you think Burke and Fletcher were talking about?

vCash
    Did the Wild want to possibly move up to #5?

vCash
    With the 7th pick in the 2012 NHL Draft the Minnesota Wild select:

Mathew Dumba, Age 17, D

Great value at #7 I think the Wild got lucky here, the Ducks reached for Hampus Lindholm.

vCash
    Dumba is a high-motor defenseman with a strong competitive spirit. Despite being undersized, he is one of the most physical players in the prospect pool. He is known for his devastating open-ice hits, which helped energize his Red Deer teammates throughout the season. Dumba played big minutes for the Rebels and showcased his offensive skillset by tallying 57 points in 69 games. Another plus is that he may have the best point shot in the class. However, some scouts worry about his size and whether his style of play will translate to the NHL where he will compete against bigger and faster players. Some are also worried about his lack of defensive zone awareness, as he often gambles on the big hit. It would be a surprise if he makes the Wild's team out of training camp.
    Source: Rotoworld

vCash
    GOOD pick in Dumba

vCash
    2 guests in here I see you sign up! Wild just drafted possibly the best player in the draft, the sky is the limit for Dumba he's an ultimate gamer.

vCash
    wonder if well do anything exciting tonight

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerjug View Post
    wonder if well do anything exciting tonight
    Well I think the Dumba pick is a huge excitement the Wild should be happy, but what're you thinking?

vCash
    thanks for the thread NYY Metropolitans, and thanks for your attempt to revive this forum. I have tried multiple times, but most Minnesota posters on PSD are moe interested in the Wolves and Vikings...there are so many other good sites to post on about the Wild...but I want this one dammit.

As for Dumba, I guess I was hoping most for a wing player. Our offense has suffered for so long, and for so long, we were lacking forward prospects. That may be changing with Granlund, Brodin, Bullmer, Coyle, etc... but I was still hoping for more. We never seem to be lacking with good defenseman prospects though.
    I know Dumba will provide a lot for the offense for his position...but still, I wish we continued the trend of revamping our wings and center position.

vCash
    Nice pick by Minnesota.

vCash
    I spent all day today selling myself on Griffin Reinhart, thinking that my 2 fav D (Murray and Dumba) would be gone before our pick. I had Murray going to CBJ and Dumba to ANA, but ANA must be smoking something good. I was through the roof excited when Dumba fell to us, and knew we were going to take him...But now going back on seeling myself for Reinhart all day I kind of wanted him :P

I wasnt sure when Forsberg was still there with our pick. To add another top notch PF to our prospects would of been awesome. When he kept falling I was hoping we would trade up for him, Grigor or Faksa...But none of that happened. Maybe we will trade up for Skjei? Hope so...

Other then that I am extremely happy with this pick. Physical and can score, but he needs to learn some discipline with those hits he likes to dish. A future pairing of him and Brodin are scary, especially that they are Lefty and Righty. Dumba would bring the hard hits and offense Brodin would bring the super intelligent play and speed. Love it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast