Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Waiter1602 View Post
    "When did Percy Harvin become a star player?? He can't take a hit, he can't block, and he won't go over the middle. He's a less physical, less talented Reggie Bush."
    This is simply and unequivocally untrue. Watch the Arizona game from last year and tell me he can't block. Watch Harvin lowering his head and shoulders when he's got the ball, in ANY game, and tell me he can't take a hit. As for going over the middle, Harvin's bread and butter as a receiver is between the hash marks, just because you don't see him getting blown up going over the middle (elusiveness anyone?!?), doesn't mean he can't, won't, or doesn't do it. I know you didn't write that, but seriously?

vCash
    The years before Percy had Rice, Shank, Berrian (iffy), Favre

Last year was the first year he didn't really have anything. His numbers over three years have gone up 80 yards. He only improved on rushes because Peterson was out and they had to try and find ways to get more yards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SalisBurySteak View Post
    This is simply and unequivocally untrue. Watch the Arizona game from last year and tell me he can't block. Watch Harvin lowering his head and shoulders when he's got the ball, in ANY game, and tell me he can't take a hit. As for going over the middle, Harvin's bread and butter as a receiver is between the hash marks, just because you don't see him getting blown up going over the middle (elusiveness anyone?!?), doesn't mean he can't, won't, or doesn't do it. I know you didn't write that, but seriously?
    Please read the statement of "These are the top liked quotes on espn" I'm sorry, but this isn't me at all, but what other people see.

All I'm proving is that no one outside of Minnesota thinks Percy should be complaining, or complaining in public.

vCash
    History over 3 years of injuries and health concerns. You guys act like this isn't anything. Yes, he can play, but that's not the only considerations that go into NFL contracts. stop being Rubes for a second and understand the NFL and how things go down. Just because Percy is the 3rd best player on the team, doesn't give him the right to out of no where tell reporters he isn't happy. He should talk to his team first. Reporters don't pay his contract.

vCash
    Percy Harvin is overrated, mostly by Viking fans.

vCash
    Please read the statement of "These are the top liked quotes on espn" I'm sorry, but this isn't me at all, but what other people see.
    I am aware of that, but spreading misinformation is almost as bad as creating it.

All I'm proving is that no one outside of Minnesota thinks Percy should be complaining, or complaining in public.
    I am very unhappy with the fact that he's gone public with this stuff, and I have lost a lot of respect for him because of it, however, I believe Harvin deserves to be paid like the cream of the #2 receiver crop, $5-$7 million a year, in addition to an increased amount of snaps and plays designed to utilize his myriad talents. Pay the man, play the man, and reap the rewards. Pretty simple.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    Percy Harvin is overrated, mostly by Viking fans.
    Overrated? How so? He's not a #1 receiver by any stretch, but I don't think I'm alone in saying that Harvin is one of the most dynamic playmakers in the NFL. Prior to this "trade me" debacle, I can't think of a single team in the NFL that wouldn't have scrambled for a chance to add Harvin to their roster. Why? Percy Harvin would make ANY of the NFL's 32 teams better, plain and simple.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by logan44 View Post
    Does anyone know who his agent is. Cuz if it's Rosenhaus then this IS all about the money. God that guy is a P.O.S.
    His agent is Joel Segal.
    Bridgewater Draft and Highlights Video

Adobt-A-Viking: Josh Robinson
    8 Tackles, 2 INTs, 18.5 Passer Rating

vCash
    Overrated? How so? He's not a #1 receiver by any stretch, but I don't think I'm alone in saying that Harvin is one of the most dynamic playmakers in the NFL. Prior to this "trade me" debacle, I can't think of a single team in the NFL that wouldn't have scrambled for a chance to add Harvin to their roster. Why? Percy Harvin would make ANY of the NFL's 32 teams better, plain and simple.
    He's a very dynamic, athletic player, I'm not denying that. I just think a lot of people in here hold him much too high.

When you hear people say we could get Dwayne Bowe for him, or two first round picks, that's called being overrated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    His agent is Joel Segal.
    Good thing it's not Steven, or the contract negotions might get a little heated.... Ok I'll leave now

vCash
    Spielman says Vikings have no interest in trading Harvin
    Posted by Mike Florio
    June 20, 2012, 4:09 PM EDT

Vikings receiver Percy Harvin wants a trade, but that doesn’t mean he’ll be getting one.

G.M. Rick Spielman said Wednesday that the team has “no interest at all” in dealing the 2009 offensive rookie of the year.

“We drafted Percy Harvin here,” Spielman said, via ESPN.com. ”He’s a key part of our organization. He’s a key part of our football team. Any issues that are out there or reported, we always handle those internally and continue to handle those internally.”

But that won’t necessarily be the end of it. If Harvin wants out, and if he’s willing to become sufficiently disruptive, he may get his way.

The Vikings set the precedent in this regard last year by cutting long-time left tackle Bryant McKinnie loose, after he showed up for training camp overweight and out of shape.

“In Bryant’s case, he’s been a terrific player for the Vikings,” coach Leslie Frazier said last August. ”I love him as a person. We’ve gotten a great relationship together. But at this point, for all parties involved, I just thought it was the right thing to do, and I’m sure he’s going to catch on with a team and he’s going to do well. He’s a terrific player right now, but for where we are right now and where we’re trying to go to, it just wasn’t the right fit for the direction that we want to go.”

So at what point does Harvin do enough to allow Frazier to reach the same conclusion?

Though there’s no reason to believe Harvin would go T.O. on the Vikings, trying deliberately to get traded by becoming openly insubordinate, Harvin reportedly hasn’t been a model teammate in the past. He reportedly “chuck[ed] a weight” at former coach Brad Childress in 2010, in the days after Childress cut receiver Randy Moss. The alleged move capped a “heated argument” that arose after Childress questioned Harvin’s effort in practice.

At Florida, Harvin reportedly grabbed an assistant coach by the neck and threw him to the ground.

So just because the Vikings don’t want to trade Harvin doesn’t mean Harvin will quit trying to get traded. The question is what else will he do to try to get what he wants?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rading-harvin/

vCash
    Here is my take on it. First of all, he is not going to be traded unless we got some offer that was to good to pass up, but that is any player. Percy clearly deserves more money. The Vikings tend to give extensions when there is 1 year remaining, not 2. Harvin saw Peterson get his money and then get hurt, he is trying to protect himself and now is his best opportunity to do that. Some of the other WR's are getting paid more than him, Carlson as well as someone mentioned. With Peterson hurt, he is our only true weapon, he is just taking advantage of our current situation. Very smart by his agent. We are not going to trade him considering we have a top 15 playmaker for two more years for cheap and then can tag him for a 3rd year if an extension isnt given by than. He is obviously not happy about only playing 58.8% either.

Bottom line, don't worry, he will not get traded, the agent and Percy are just trying to get their money while they can.

vCash
    **** him. What has he done to deserve a trade. Don't get me wrong I'm pissed at the coaches too for letting it come to this, he should've been playing every snap last year but he doesn't deserve this kind of demand to ask to be traded. What has he even done in the NFL yet? He's a glorified slot receiver who can't stay on the field. Immensely talented but he has no right to ask for a trade. I hope we play him like San Diego played Vincent Jackson. Sure we may not get anything for him then but it's proving a point to these young guys who think they own the world just because they play in the NFL. I'de rather watch him rot for two seasons then see him traded to a team and do good. Of course I'de rather them work it out and see him play for us but I think he's the type of guy who just wants out and isn't willing to work to make the team better.
    Last edited by JA22; 06-20-2012 at 05:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by logan44 View Post
    For all that he does for this team and the fact that he IS our WR corps he is worth the money. Also we don't know what he is asking for, or even if it is just a contract dispute. But I say pay him now to avoid any future problems( think Sid Rice here) the longer they wait the higher the price goes and the less likely he will resign with us cuz we pissed him off ( again think Sid Rice) lets learn from our mistakes people. We already have crap as far as WR's go except for Percy so why wouldn't we extend him now? It seems like a no brainer.
    I'm sorry, but we should not use Cindy Rice as a template for what we should do with Harvin. Lets look back, if we had of paid him the big bucks instead of Seattle, what would we have gotten last year, well lets see, 9 games, 32 receptions, 434 yards and 2 TDs. Lets look at Michael Jenkins contriubtion to last season, 11 games (started 7) 38 receptions, 466 yards and 3 TDs. Obviously Rice has more of an upside than Jenkins does, but you should be able to get my point. There is a reason we didn't re-sign Sidney Rice

Yep, hearing the stuff that's been said its like they are talking about DeSean Jackson. There are parts of Harvin's a game that aren't perfect (lining up outside to be a vertical threat) but he's pretty damn tough shaking guys off of him and breaking tackles and the like.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    My take on this is at that we need to give into Percy and what I mean is we need to put him on the field more. He wants to play and he wants to prove his value. He had 87 catches for 967 yards and 6 tds plus another 345 rushing yards and 2 tds. Those stats were accumulated only playing only 58% of offensive snaps. I understand why we would be a little cautious with him because he does tend to get nagging injuries, like the rib injury he had last season but he's only missed 3 games in his career. I think he is more durable than most people think. Besides A.P. Percy is by far the next best play maker we have and his skill set is pretty rare. He is a very dynamic play maker and needs to have the ball in his hands double digit times per game. The more times the ball is in his hands the more production we get out of him and the better this offense is. This is pretty much a no brainer situation. Put the guy on the field more. I feel like this shouldn't even be in question because a guy with his skill set should be on the field a lot more than he is.

As for his contract I think he should be forced to play out his contract just like every other player. If he wants to be a pouty baby like DeSean Jackson then fine but it isn't going to get him his money any sooner. If I'm Rick Spielman and the rest of the FO, I treat Percy's contract situation the same way the Eagles treated Jackson. The Eagles handled Jackson the right way and showed the rest of the team that being a cry baby and pouting on the sidelines isn't going to get you money. Playing your *** off and working for every penny, like LeSean McCoy did, is the way to go if you want to get your big pay day.

There is a right and a wrong way to handle things and Percy needs to realize that.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast