Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 808
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,368
    vCash
    2262
    Vikings giving a broken TE and a weed head more money then he was making would probably upset me as well. He is the best player on the vikings offense, and deserves too make more money then he does. You cant play football forever, and you have to get it while the gettings good. With that being said, the vikings are going to suck for the next 4 years anyways might as well trade him.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    719
    vCash
    1500
    I love Percy to death, however, I wont stand for bad blood in locker rooms while other players practice day in and day out. Playing sports in HS you notice and HATE the players who get special treatment. They act like they don't have to be at practices or meetings because they have "problems" that excuse them. It's a virus in the locker room and PLAYERS DO NOTICE. He's in the NFL, where EVERYONE fought hard for where they are at. However, even loving Percy, it does seem like he's never able to practice.

    You have guys like AP, Jared Allen, ect. Guys who are always there who come to all the practices, AND all the games. They put up the numbers and just go to work. Percy seems to think he can just slide past all practices and he'll be in the game come game time.

    Look at the coaches stand point. Maybe with all the missed time, Percy doesn't know all the plays or the scheme as well as we think. He's only in the game 52% of the time because we aren't just going to run plays he knows.

    Idk, just my 5 cents.

    I wouldn't pay him over 7 a year. He is our best receiver, but hasn't proven to stay healthy long enough for a 10 mil. Just because you're the best on a ****** WR core, doesn't mean you're worth 8-10 mil. (Bernard Berrian) Not comparing the two, I'm just stating he needs to be a team player and understand he DOES have too many health problems.

    Pay him if the price is right. If it's too high, let him drain another teams salary and miss all the practices and 25% of the games.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    1,496
    vCash
    1500
    Harvin w/ Berrian and Aromoshadu > Simpson w/ Aj Green and Tate


    Harvin deserves the money he has done everything this team has asked, Anyone who thinks Harvin's injuries are such a huge deal lets consider this..... Would the saints ask Darren Sproles to run DIVE through the tackles....EVER no because he is too small and risks injury, well we asked Harvin to come in pound the rock repeatedly then run deep, then return the kickoffs, then run a reverse. If i was 5'11 185 and was running into 300 lb tackles 5-10 times a game I bet i'd get hurt quite often too. He's a slot receiver and when he's had any help on the outside weather it be Moss or Rice he has put up monster #'s. With an actual deep threat this season as apposed to last he will be able to work underneath out of the slot wear he belongs and will go off.
    It's sad that with the disparity this team has had at WR the last 5 years outside of the 1 rice year Harvin's average production of 72 875 6 isn't worth money... He's 24 that alone make him worth the money, who cares if he misses 1 game a year because of migraines he's never torn a major muscle or blown out his knee or anything. Anyone who wants to talk about Welker he's 31 and didn't put up 50+ receptions until he was 25 and in his 3rd year in the league then just happened to get traded to one of he best offenses in the NFL.

    I don't know about you guys but I love Harvin and can't believe nobody on here thinks he is worth money we don't even know what he's asking for. Do you seriously think he should make less this year than Jerome Simpson! If we traded Harvin to a contender like NE he would make the organization look like and F'ing joke in his 1st season.
    Last edited by El Jorge 69; 06-20-2012 at 01:23 PM.
    Minnesota Vikings

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    719
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Harvin w/ Berrian and Aromoshadu > Simpson w/ Aj Green and Tate


    Harvin deserves the money he has done everything this team has asked, Anyone who thinks Harvin's injuries are such a huge deal lets consider this..... Would the saints ask Darren Sproles to run DIVE through the tackles....EVER no because he is too small and risks injury, well we asked Harvin to come in pound the rock repeatedly then run deep, then return the kickoffs, then run a reverse. If i was 5'11 185 and was running into 300 lb tackles 5-10 times a game I bet i'd get hurt quite often too. He's a slot receiver and when he's had any help on the outside weather it be Moss or Rice he has put up monster #'s. With an actual deep threat this season as apposed to last he will be able to work underneath out of the slot wear he belongs and will go off.
    It's sad that with the disparity this team has had at WR the last 5 years outside of the 1 rice year Harvin's average production of 72 875 6 isn't worth money... He's 24 that alone make him worth the money, who cares if he misses 1 game a year because of migraines he's never torn a major muscle or blown out his knee or anything. Anyone who wants to talk about Welker he's 31 and didn't put up 50+ receptions until he was 25 and in his 3rd year in the league then just happened to get traded to one of he best offenses in the NFL.

    I don't know about you guys but I love Harvin and can't believe nobody on here thinks he is worth money we don't even know what he's asking for. Do you seriously think he should make less this year than Jerome Simpson!
    Most of us are saying he's not worth what we think he might be asking for. And yes, missing that one game a year and 100% of the practices kind of is a big deal. Maybe not to you, but to the coaches and the people who sign the checks.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    3,553
    vCash
    1500
    those thinking he's gonna want 'too much money'...............so how much more will he want if he has even another season like last season, let alone bigger?

    and again, here we are assuming it IS about money...if it's about money, why'd he ask for a trade, not a new contract?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    719
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    those thinking he's gonna want 'too much money'...............so how much more will he want if he has even another season like last season, let alone bigger?

    and again, here we are assuming it IS about money...if it's about money, why'd he ask for a trade, not a new contract?
    Because, if the past can tell us anything about NFL players, it's always about the money.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    1,496
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Waiter1602 View Post
    Most of us are saying he's not worth what we think he might be asking for. And yes, missing that one game a year and 100% of the practices kind of is a big deal. Maybe not to you, but to the coaches and the people who sign the checks.
    I think the missing practices thing is all media exaggeration to make him seem like a bad guy and support the Vikings, until Fraizer or Spielman come out and say his team participation has been a serious issue and that he's a cancer in the locker room, I'm not buying it. If he has never gone to a minnesota vikings practice and somehow got Rookie of the year and has averaged 875 yards per season and been one of the most dangerous return guys in the NFL I think he may be the best NFL player Ever.
    Minnesota Vikings

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    1,496
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Waiter1602 View Post
    Because, if the past can tell us anything about NFL players, it's always about the money.
    Requesting a trade if far more threatening than asking for a contract. I don't think Harvin wants to hold out so if he's not gonna get paid he wants to play elsewhere.
    Minnesota Vikings

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    719
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    I think the missing practices thing is all media exaggeration to make him seem like a bad guy and support the Vikings, until Fraizer or Spielman come out and say his team participation has been a serious issue and that he's a cancer in the locker room, I'm not buying it.
    No one said he was a bad guy. But we've seen over the last two years all the rotoworld posts of him consistently missing practices. How can it be exaggeration if it actually happened and he missed the practices? It's not like media outlets saw him at practices and said, "Oh, he's not here today. Can we all agree that he isn't here?"

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    719
    vCash
    1500
    People talk about the coaching being a problem....okay, why has ANYONE ELSE on the team said anything. You guys give Percy too much credit for being a crappy WR cores best WR. Yeah, he had a good year and is talented, but he hasn't had a superstar year.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    1,496
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Waiter1602 View Post
    No one said he was a bad guy. But we've seen over the last two years all the rotoworld posts of him consistently missing practices. How can it be exaggeration if it actually happened and he missed the practices? It's not like media outlets saw him at practices and said, "Oh, he's not here today. Can we all agree that he isn't here?"
    I'm discounting last season as it was a F'in Debacle and really nobody outside of Harvin, Peterson, or Allen did anything. Harvin was asked to play every single position on offense and was beaten down by it, they were forced to push AP to a point where he blew out his entire knee in one of the most meaningless games in minnesota vikings history, Harvin took a kickoff to the 1 yard line and they didn't score a single point. The whole team was a joke and if he was even slightly injured or beat up then I think he gets a pass on practice. If it was anyone else than Allen, HArvin, or Peterson I'd have an issue with it but those 3 work harder than any other 3 football players I've ever seen.
    Minnesota Vikings

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    1,496
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Waiter1602 View Post
    People talk about the coaching being a problem....okay, why has ANYONE ELSE on the team said anything. You guys give Percy too much credit for being a crappy WR cores best WR. Yeah, he had a good year and is talented, but he hasn't had a superstar year.
    No one outside of him allen or peterson is talented enough to have the right to say anything besides maybe winfield or Kwill who both missed most of the season or underproduced.
    Minnesota Vikings

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    719
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    No one outside of him allen or peterson is talented enough to have the right to say anything besides maybe winfield or Kwill who both missed most of the season or underproduced.
    You are in love with Percy a little too much. Saying he works as hard as Peterson or Allen is a joke. Peterson and Allen still practice while injured or bumped up. They all take a beating. Why is everyone coming up with reasons Harvin should get a free pass with practices because he's a small WR?

    The difference is that JA and AD HAVE PROVEN they are all stars over many years. Harvin had ONE stand out big year. Stop with this love thinking he should just "get paid" or the "coaches are wrong"

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    719
    vCash
    1500
    "When did Percy Harvin become a star player?? He can't take a hit, he can't block, and he won't go over the middle. He's a less physical, less talented Reggie Bush."

    "he is unhappy with the situation in minnesota - rightly so as that team has just been bad and without much direction. teams can trade away players if they are not happy with them, players should also get a say if they are not happy. it shouldnt be public though."

    "Percy Harvin needs to step up and stop crying and being injured. He wants a trade then let him go."

    These are all quotes from espn that the majority of sports fans have liked. They are saying either trade him, tell him to stop crying, or tell him to man up. Only Vikings fans are thinking Percy isn't doing anything wrong.

    Every team has players who aren't happy and players who want trades. Everytime the player gets what they want, just depends on when.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    1,496
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Waiter1602 View Post
    You are in love with Percy a little too much. Saying he works as hard as Peterson or Allen is a joke. Peterson and Allen still practice while injured or bumped up. They all take a beating. Why is everyone coming up with reasons Harvin should get a free pass with practices because he's a small WR?

    The difference is that JA and AD HAVE PROVEN they are all stars over many years. Harvin had ONE stand out big year. Stop with this love thinking he should just "get paid" or the "coaches are wrong"
    Percy Harvin Receiving Rushing
    2009 60 790 6 15 135
    2010 71 868 5 18 107 1
    2011 87 867 6 52 345 3

    What one stand out year? He has improved every year and has been a model of consistency, not to mention shouldn't it be even more impressive his best production was last season with all the Qb roulette and not having any outside WR. My last argument will be this show find another WR in the NFl who has put up comparable #'s making 1.2 million a year outside of Victor Cruz who had Manningham and Nicks and is in the middle of contract dispute himself.
    Minnesota Vikings

Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •