Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I think this move is a strategy to a new contract which i think most will agree that he deserves. I don't know if he doesn't like MN or is it is just the fact he wants more money.

Curious though as to what we could get for him though?? He's a probably what #2 slot WR behind Welker but you can argue if Harvin were in NE he would put up just as good of numbers. I mean I would think a 1st and 2nd would have to be the starting discussion.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 0 , Yards: 0 , TD's: 0

vCash
    the sad thing is i think he thinks he's worth more than he actually is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    I guess the Vikes are the last of the teams that don't understand protocol when a player grossly outperforms their rookie contract. Now be prepared to lose him, tightwads.

NFL contracts are fee for performance (at risk) contracts and the player has everything to lose. This is why teams honor those who outperform their contract. Or risk losing their top talent.
    Dude is going to want Desean Jackson money, 10 mil a year. He is not even close to worth that, and if you think he is, you are as dumb as I thought you were. The thing is, someone will pay it, I just really hope it's not us.

vCash
    Don't be mad at the Vikings for this. D. Jackson or Mike Wallace didn't get early extensions and they were as "unhappy" as Harvin was. The GM has more on his plate then to address his contract right now and Harvin isn't going about getting paid the right way.

The vikings hold all the cards and Harvin has none. We can let him play out his contract and then franchise him. If he can stay healthy this year with an increased workload they will extend him.

They aren't wrong to question Harvins health. Until last season he was a risk to not play any given day because of migraines.

vCash
    Does anyone know who his agent is. Cuz if it's Rosenhaus then this IS all about the money. God that guy is a P.O.S.

vCash
    If it is only about the money then just pay the guy.

props to VCU for the sig!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo30 View Post
    If it is only about the money then just pay the guy.
    He's not worth the money he'd want.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    He's our 2nd/3rd best player and is making 2.5 mil over the next 2 years, if i was him i'd hold out too...like someone said above we're paying an unproven 3 game suspended Jerome Simpson 2 mil for 1 year, i'd be upset if i was Harvin too

If we're smart we will extend him but come to a mutual agreement instead of throwing the kitchen sink at him....there's no way we trade Percy he's too valuable to our team, who cares if he doesn't practice he's a force on Sundays

I'm sure this is just a frustrated Percy and things will be resolved

Who's to say that he's going to get D.Jackson money the guy has never had a 1,000 yard receiving year
    Last edited by nasthemasta; 06-20-2012 at 12:33 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    For all that he does for this team and the fact that he IS our WR corps he is worth the money. Also we don't know what he is asking for, or even if it is just a contract dispute. But I say pay him now to avoid any future problems( think Sid Rice here) the longer they wait the higher the price goes and the less likely he will resign with us cuz we pissed him off ( again think Sid Rice) lets learn from our mistakes people. We already have crap as far as WR's go except for Percy so why wouldn't we extend him now? It seems like a no brainer.

vCash
    **** you, pay him.

vCash
    i bet simpson ends up with more yards and t.d.s than harvin anyway.

vCash
    2nd round pick?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by m.kitz View Post
    Unlikely. I still have no faith in Ponders Deep ball skills to let Simpson stretch the field. Harvin fits Ponders Skills to the T.

props to VCU for the sig!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    He's our 2nd/3rd best player and is making 2.5 mil over the next 2 years, if i was him i'd hold out too...like someone said above we're paying an unproven 3 game suspended Jerome Simpson 2 mil for 1 year, i'd be upset if i was Harvin too

If we're smart we will extend him but come to a mutual agreement instead of throwing the kitchen sink at him....there's no way we trade Percy he's too valuable to our team, who cares if he doesn't practice he's a force on Sundays

I'm sure this is just a frustrated Percy and things will be resolved

Who's to say that he's going to get D.Jackson money the guy has never had a 1,000 yard receiving year
    Neither has Pierre Garcon.

Quote Originally Posted by logan44 View Post
    For all that he does for this team and the fact that he IS our WR corps he is worth the money. Also we don't know what he is asking for, or even if it is just a contract dispute. But I say pay him now to avoid any future problems( think Sid Rice here) the longer they wait the higher the price goes and the less likely he will resign with us cuz we pissed him off ( again think Sid Rice) lets learn from our mistakes people. We already have crap as far as WR's go except for Percy so why wouldn't we extend him now? It seems like a no brainer.
    The guy is not a sure thing, he's a week to week guy who disappears at times. He is amazingly talented and I don't think we use him like we should, but the guy can't stay healthy. If it's not migraines, it's a shoulder, if it's not a shoulder, it's his ribs. "Sorry coach, can't practice all week." "I'm not going to be at training camp this year." "I'm going to be a game time decision". It's the same story over and over. Now, with TWO years left on his rookie contract, the dude wants more money. Ok, I get that, he probably does deserve more. Now let's stop and think here, what kind of money could Percy Harvin want? I think he's going to want 9-10/year for about 5 years. The market price for receivers has gone up a TON over the past year if you guys haven't noticed. But market price does not equal value. Trust me, he's going to want a lot more than what he is actually worth.

If I'm wrong, and he's only looking for 6 a year, with 10 or so guaranteed, that's awesome, I'm an ***hole, sign him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by m.kitz View Post
    even after missing first 3 games? doubtful.

Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast