Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I dont see the incessant need to trade away allen. Yes he makes a lot of money. He is one season removed from 22 sacks, he had a down year plus he was injured. The thing i like about him is his vet leadership, although i would ask him to take a pay cut though, to help the team out.

Also, Robison is ok, but he doesnt excite me much.

vCash
    Allen is worth every penny. He had 12 sacks and unfortunately he set the bar so high with his 22 sacks that most now think he is not any good. Allen is still very good and I expect him to be even better next year. It would be nice to lower that cap # but you just can't let him go. While it would be nice getting the extra picks for Harvin it really hard to say we would be better. Possibly but not likely that first year anyways. Harvin is probably in the top 10 in terms of play makers in the NFL.

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

vCash
    Posted this in the FA thread as well but here is a thought...

Hmmm...interesting thought guys. I see the Jets are exploring a trade of Revis. I'm not even sure Revis fits in our scheme defensively but would anyone do a Harvin-Revis trade?

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...cording-source

Edit: Just read that Revis might be expecting $16 million a year...**** that!
    Last edited by pacofunk64; 01-24-2013 at 09:59 AM.

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

vCash
    We would need to give up our first, why would we do this?
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    Believe I don't think there is a fan that actually wants to see us trade him, it's just a matter of whether or not Percy forces us to trade him. I think every Vikings fan #1 priority would be to lock him up long term.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Believe I don't think there is a fan that actually wants to see us trade him, it's just a matter of whether or not Percy forces us to trade him. I think every Vikings fan #1 priority would be to lock him up long term.
    I've talked with fans personally who want to get rid of him for his apparent "locker room cancer". This forum has its posts too.

vCash
    I've talked with fans personally who want to get rid of him for his apparent "locker room cancer". This forum has its posts too.
    Well then those are some uneducated fans. Obviously he has some baggage but I don't recall ever hearing anybody in the locker room talk bad about Percy.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    You dont get rid of a player like Harvin...for the 100th time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coenthar View Post
    You dont get rid of a player like Harvin...for the 100th time.
    Again, ideally, you wouldn't have too. What if he basically forces you too? You guys are speaking too emotionally as fans. There's a business side. The sooner you realize this, the sooner sports will be more more enjoyable for you.

vCash
    Harvin wont make us get rid of him, I am on his side for the most part being pissed a ton this season. No player is above the Team but there is cases where the Team is wrong about a player. But these other post make me laugh,,,,,,I now accept that on here we will always have guys that want to honestly talk about getting rid of guys like Allen, AP, and Harvin....Pretty soon it will be Greenway and anybody who has value....Look up how getting rid of Kevin Garnett worked out for us,,,Or even Moss...But Im sure these were the same folks that wanted up to get rid of the Moss's, Carters, or the John Randle....I guess all I can do is laugh and then very sadly and disappointedly shake my head at the same time.

vCash
    I dont watch the Vikings cause I look at it like a Business, I get overly emotional and make it feel like a Family....Vikings Football was the first thing that made me and my Stepdad(Dad) Bond making me feel like a young man and one of the guys,,,There is enough mechanical business **** in the world and in my life to deal with. Nobody jumps up and screams at the Dome all along high-fiving a total stranger cause of the Business side...Kirby Puckett could of took the Business Side and made sense but instead he took the Hero Feel Good Side and made himself a MN LEGEND. Emotion is the flavor of my sports.

vCash
    what needs to happen, tho, is......do whatever is going to be done (extension, new contract, trade, whatever) before the draft........don't piss around and get to draft day and not know whether Percy will be there or whether it's his last year there.........I can easily see using a 1st rounder on a kid like Keenan Allen regardless, but if, for example, Percy were traded for draft picks, we'd need to not only draft WR early, but get a solid veteran signed as well
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

vCash
    Minnesota Vikings coach Leslie Frazier confirmed on Tuesday that Percy Harvin recently returned for his exit physical but acknowledged the talented-but-volatile receiver's future remains up in the air.

"We definitely had to talk just in general about a lot of things," Frazier said in an interview with 1500 ESPN's "Judd & Dubay" show. "We had a good conversation. We talked, and it was good conversation. So, hopefully, everything will work out."

Harvin suffered a significant left ankle injury in a Nov. 4 loss at Seattle and was placed on injured reserve on Dec. 5. He left the Twin Cities shortly thereafter to rehab near his home in Florida and didn't return during the Vikings' run to earn an NFC wild card.

That contributed to speculation several high-profile incidents -- including a brief trade demand during the team's June minicamp and at least two heated confrontations with Frazier during the season -- would lead the Vikings to trade him in the offseason.

General manager Rick Spielman downplayed those issues in a session with reporters last month, but both sides have decisions to make on a possible contract extension. The plan always has been to redo the final year of Harvin's rookie deal, which is scheduled to pay him $2,927,500 in 2013.

Asked if taking some time away was good for Harvin, Frazier said, "I would think so. I think the fact that he was able to get healthy -- that's the main thing, that he's healthy now. That puts him in a good frame of mind, and we'll see where it goes from there."

Harvin, 24, didn't need surgery on the ankle but did undergo an emergency appendectomy on Dec. 15. He hasn't spoken with reporters, other than to release a statement on the day he was placed on IR saying the ankle "has just not allowed me to progress to the point where I can help our team."

The exit physical "went well. He's fine," Frazier said. "He's cleared. So, all that was good. All the medicals were good."
    Last edited by HSmith22; 02-05-2013 at 02:23 PM.

vCash
    Percy Harvin - WR - Vikings

Vikings coach Leslie Frazier acknowledged that Percy Harvin's future with the team "remains up in the air."
    "We definitely had to talk just in general about a lot of things," Frazier said. "We had a good conversation. We talked, and it was good conversation. So, hopefully, everything will work out." The Vikings' plan all along was to redo Harvin's contract once he enters the final year of his rookie deal, and now that the 2012 season is officially over, that time is now. Harvin (ankle) passed his exit physical and is currently scheduled to make $2.9 million in 2013.
    Percy Harvin - WR - Vikings

Coach Leslie Frazier said Percy Harvin (ankle) is medically cleared.
    Harvin did show up for an exit physical. "It went well. He's fine. He's cleared. All the medical was good," said Frazier. The coach also said that Harvin came back "in a good frame of mind. ... We'll see where it goes from there." The Vikings are obviously concerned over a potential contract squabble with their sometimes-mercurial No. 1 weapon. He's owed $2.5 million in 2013, the final year of his rookie contract.
    rotoworld

- Mike Zimmer

Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast