Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 54 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by niftynation11 View Post
    No way. If we are going to pay anyone, it should be Harvin. We drafted him, and he blossomed into a star. You don't just trade that away.
    This!!!!
    Hey coach. Do you have ANY idea what you are doing?
    Thats what I thought.

vCash
    We are not just trading him away... we are trading him away because he is hurting our team. Have you ever heard the saying that there is no I in Team? Percy can forget that from time to time. Add in his temper and unpredictable nature and you don't know what could happen. He is a great talent but not at the expense of our locker room.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauer.400 View Post
    We are not just trading him away... we are trading him away because he is hurting our team. Have you ever heard the saying that there is no I in Team? Percy can forget that from time to time. Add in his temper and unpredictable nature and you don't know what could happen. He is a great talent but not at the expense of our locker room.
    I could have missed it but I haven't heard anyone in that locker room ever say that they were bothered by Percy's actions or that he was a problem in the locker room.
    Hey coach. Do you have ANY idea what you are doing?
    Thats what I thought.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by logan44 View Post
    I could have missed it but I haven't heard anyone in that locker room ever say that they were bothered by Percy's actions or that he was a problem in the locker room.
    Exactly its just people connecting the dots on their own. Like most rational people have been saying, you dont just draft a guy like that build him up to be in MVP talks halfway through this season, and then trade him away....You dont do that at all.

vCash
    If anything we tag him next year if they cannot get a deal done. Can you trade a tagged player?

vCash
    I think you can, but it's done very very rarely.

vCash
    Draft Keenan Allen, bring in a solid backup QB, convert Webb to WR or let him go....show Percy that MN is where he wants to be, and that's where he'll be
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

vCash
    Keep Percy

vCash
    Cut Webb.

Amirite?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSmith22 View Post
    If anything we tag him next year if they cannot get a deal done. Can you trade a tagged player?
    Didn't we trade for Allen after he was tagged? Just negotiated a long term deal to prevent the cap hit of the franchise tag.

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

vCash
    The only way we would should trade Harvin is if he cannot be reconciled with the coaching staff, an we sign a WR of the caliber of Greg Jennings, Bowe or Mike Wallace...in that case it would be unwise to give Harvin and a FA WR a big deal, the other option is give a FA WR a big deal, keep harvin, draft a WR and let him play out his contract.
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

vCash
    Can you give a WR a big deal AND keep Harvin? I don't think you could, cap wise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankieFreakout View Post
    Can you give a WR a big deal AND keep Harvin? I don't think you could, cap wise.
    If we are serious about keeping Jared Allen around for a few more years there is no way we could feasibly do it under the cap. If we are planning on moving away from Jared after next season we could probably make 2 WR's work. Allen has a 17 million cap hit this season, and I guess you could throw Winfield's almost 8 million cap into this as well. That is potentially 25 million coming off the books after next season.

Of course we have the potential raises to Everson Griffen, Brian Robison, and Chris Cook, but we have a ton of money coming off the books after next season. So if Spielman likes a player on the market this off-season we should have some flexibility next year if play close to the cap this off-season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankieFreakout View Post
    Well obviously you can since Harvin's cap number is not that big save an extension.
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

vCash
    Allen should go. Reason being is Griffen is ready for full time, and Allen is waaaay to much money. If we drafted a couple of really good DT's, Griffen would be a star. Robinson does a very good job on his end. We are missing the DT's to be dominant upfront. Allen was hurt throughout the season ya, but really? that much cash for Allen? I just can not see it. And yes, if Harvin was traded for a first rounder and a 4th, that would help our team much more than if he was on the team. If we went with Keenan Allen in the first, could he contribute as Harvin? I bet with the kind of Special teams we have and putting him in the slot and gadget plays, I bet Allen would not be far off from Harvin. Keenan is one explosive SOB.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

Page 28 of 54 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast