Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Sorry but we don't need this **** from Percy. He's an amazing player and his talents are truly unmatched as far as what he can do, but he's not perfect. Not even mentioning the health issues, there is a reason why he was only in on 58% of the snaps last year. The guy has a lot to prove as an outside/deep threat receiver. Obviously there was a lot of stuff going on but in 2010 when we tried to use him here, it wasn't pretty.

Now I'm all for him pushing the coaching staff, trying to persuade him that he can do more, and that his role can be expanded, but he's not a coach, and if he thinks he can call the shots then he's too big for his britches. So was Moss when he pulled this ****, and I hate to say it but as much of an ******* as Randy can be he has a lot more credibility as far as being a game-changer compared to Percy. Moss was the centerpiece of the two highest scoring offenses in the history of the game, Harvin wasn't and probably won't be.

That said he's one of the most important superstars on this team, and it should be very high priority to get this **** put behind us.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Good lord, it would be nice for us to just once not have to deal with an off season circus. Losing Harvin would be a huge blow to this team. But if he is gonna be a prima donna biotch and we cant make him happy then what choice do we really have. All we can do is extend him with an incentive based contract that will garauntee him playing time. hopefully he is still open to staying and playing for us.

vCash
    He is our only talent at WR. Just Fn pay him. Who cares if he has 2 years left on his contract or 1 or what ever. We are a better TEAM with him that without him. Not to mention now that this is out in the news if you think we will get anything close to what he is actually worth your crazy. I wonder if it's more than just his contract? Could it be that he has played for a real HC in the past and realizes Fraizer just dosent cut it? Hummm?

vCash
    So Harvin wants a trade now....the vikings don't think he can stay healthy so they don't want to pay him D. Jackson money...I've always had the opinion that the guy will do anything to skip practices...He skipped the rookie synopsis thing, he delayed his shoulder surgery...his "migraines" seemed to come on practice days and not really any game days...

So is there a trade the Vikings could make that could make us fans happy and Harvin happy, I have one idea...

Trade him straight up for D. Bowe, who doesn't want to sign his franchise tender. It would give us a great red zone/possession receiver. We could move on with Wright and Burton in the slot...Thoughts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by logan44 View Post
    He is our only talent at WR. Just Fn pay him. Who cares if he has 2 years left on his contract or 1 or what ever. We are a better TEAM with him that without him. Not to mention now that this is out in the news if you think we will get anything close to what he is actually worth your crazy. I wonder if it's more than just his contract? Could it be that he has played for a real HC in the past and realizes Fraizer just dosent cut it? Hummm?
    Its better to just unload him rather then keep a disgruntled player. that would be detrimental to everyone. I hope some of our veteran players can talk some sense into him. Its hard to tell if his "issues" are even resolvable at this point because we dont even now what they are. He could just be upset that we are looking at the basement again this year for the 3rd year in a row, or be upset with how management is running this team, both of which arent going to change no matter who gets upset. While i hope we can work something out with him, we need start facing the real possibility that Harvin will be gone by week 1.

Anyone got ideas on potential Deals/Partners if we do end up going that route?

vCash
    If we did trade, It BETTER be for some good stuff. atleast a first and a third, or a star WR. I don't know why he is being such a baby about everything. The guy is in a great spot.
    He is getting to be too much. He has alot of talent, but he is always missing things, games, complaining.
    Trade the guy. There is great value in this situation, and I think we would be better off without him.
    He wants to win. I bet NE wants him. I wonder if a trade for Welker would be a good one for us.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    Harvin for Bowe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel0227 View Post
    If we did trade, It BETTER be for some good stuff. atleast a first and a third, or a star WR. I don't know why he is being such a baby about everything. The guy is in a great spot.
    He is getting to be too much. He has alot of talent, but he is always missing things, games, complaining.
    Trade the guy. There is great value in this situation, and I think we would be better off without him.
    He wants to win. I bet NE wants him. I wonder if a trade for Welker would be a good one for us.
    We are definitely better off WITH him if we can keep him happy.

No to Welker, Percy does way more for this team then what Welker could. If we were to trade him for a WR i would definitely want someone like Bowe.

This situation sucks.

vCash
    How awesome would it be if Jared Allen just beat the living **** out of him in the locker room.

Just this morning Harvin went from about my third or fourth favorite on the team to one of my least favorites. I hope he doesn't get paid, doesn't get traded, sits out this year, retires after the season, and files for bankrupcy by 2014. Talk about KARMA.

vCash
    I think you guys are jumping the gun a bit....you're only speculating on WHY he's requested a trade. We don't know that it's money. We don't know that it's how he's being used. We just know he's unhappy enough to request a trade.

Now, if it IS money, we go from there.

IF trade...Bowe would at least be young. Welker's 31 and already more expensive than Percy would likely be.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I think you guys are jumping the gun a bit....you're only speculating on WHY he's requested a trade. We don't know that it's money. We don't know that it's how he's being used. We just know he's unhappy enough to request a trade.

Now, if it IS money, we go from there.

IF trade...Bowe would at least be young. Welker's 31 and already more expensive than Percy would likely be.
    We could never get Bowe for Harvin alone

vCash
    Wow, we have to keep Harvin unless we get some awesome deal for him (as in Bowe or Wallace in a trade). He's the only weapon we have, and arguably is more important to the team than AD at times.
    Bridgewater Draft and Highlights Video

Adobt-A-Viking: Josh Robinson
    18 Tackles, 2 INTs, 45.7 Passer Rating

vCash
    I for one think it's 100% about the money. This I believe is why he is pissed and I honestly agree with it if it's his reasoning:

over the next 2 seasons Harvin is set to make 2.47M.
    The vikings just gave Jerome Simpson 2M to play 1 season with a 3 game suspension.
    The vikings gave John Carlson a 5 year 25M with 5M guaranteed after he didn't play last season.

Im sure given the production between the 3 Harvin has to be pissed that the only guys the vikings brought in to help in FA on offense are making tons more than him, our star receiver/KR/RB.....

2011 stats
    Harvin 87 987 6
    Simpson 50 725 4 (next to Aj Green)
    Carlson 31 318 1
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    I for one think it's 100% about the money. This I believe is why he is pissed and I honestly agree with it if it's his reasoning:

over the next 2 seasons Harvin is set to make 2.47M.
    The vikings just gave Jerome Simpson 2M to play 1 season with a 3 game suspension.
    The vikings gave John Carlson a 5 year 25M with 5M guaranteed after he didn't play last season.

Im sure given the production between the 3 Harvin has to be pissed that the only guys the vikings brought in to help in FA on offense are making tons more than him, our star receiver/KR/RB.....

2011 stats
    Harvin 87 987 6
    Simpson 50 725 4 (next to Aj Green)
    Carlson 31 318 1
    Well we did overpay out the *** for Carlson. Dude doesn't deserve half of that.

vCash
    I guess the Vikes are the last of the teams that don't understand protocol when a player grossly outperforms their rookie contract. Now be prepared to lose him, tightwads.

NFL contracts are fee for performance (at risk) contracts and the player has everything to lose. This is why teams honor those who outperform their contract. Or risk losing their top talent.

Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast