Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 808
  1. #226
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    4,510
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    I'll try to explain it a little bit better.

    After weighing the consequences and consulting with his staff, Frazier decides to place Harvin on IR. He goes to see Harvin (who still can't run after 2-3 weeks out) and tells him (before the actual transaction is made, Frazier is a player's coach and a guy who's been through all this before after tearing his ACL in the Super Bowl with the Bears) that since his ankle isn't getting better he's shutting him down for the rest of the year. Harvin flips out. Get what I'm saying now? I think that the team probably told Percy he was going on IR before he was actually placed on IR.
    Ok, I understand what you're saying now, that could be a possibility. From what I understand (which isn't much) they were unrelated events, expect for the possibility that Frazier might have put him on the IR as punishment for the outburst.

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,574
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    The altercation between him and Frazier happened before he was placed on IR. It is believed to have been some type of punishment for the way he has been acting regarding his general attitude (about his injury and dealing with the coaches) and how he flipped out on Frazier.
    I know what people are saying about it, but since there's no clear timeline for exactly when this Harvin flipout went down, this is a possibility. The point I'm trying to make here is that Harvin isn't going to have to turn on ESPN one day to find out he's been placed on IR. The way he works that's something that Frazier would take care of himself, probably before the actual move has been made by sitting down with Harvin and telling him how things are, which would have been when Percy flipped out because he didn't agree with the decision (last statements from him before that was that he was coming along and was eager to get back out there)

    We're probably never going to know one way or the other but I'd like to think this makes a little but more sense than "Harvin flipped out because he's a douche-bag." which has been what the general thoughts going around have been.

    Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

    WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

  3. #228
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,574
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    Ok, I understand what you're saying now, that could be a possibility. From what I understand (which isn't much) they were unrelated events, expect for the possibility that Frazier might have put him on the IR as punishment for the outburst.
    Yep, and that could be exactly how it went down, but there's speculation on either side. What it boils down to though is that both sides are too smart to mix words about it with the press, even if Harvin wants out, going to the press is just going to make him look bad and lower his value, and the Vikings aren't going to egg him on.

    Obviously somebody in or around the team said something to somebody () about it but I highly doubt that this news is coming from anybody like Frazier or Harvin himself.
    Last edited by 100%CHEESE FREE; 12-21-2012 at 11:51 AM.

    Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

    WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    18,692
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    I know what people are saying about it, but since there's no clear timeline for exactly when this Harvin flipout went down, this is a possibility. The point I'm trying to make here is that Harvin isn't going to have to turn on ESPN one day to find out he's been placed on IR. The way he works that's something that Frazier would take care of himself, probably before the actual move has been made by sitting down with Harvin and telling him how things are, which would have been when Percy flipped out because he didn't agree with the decision (last statements from him before that was that he was coming along and was eager to get back out there)

    We're probably never going to know one way or the other but I'd like to think this makes a little but more sense than "Harvin flipped out because he's a douche-bag." which has been what the general thoughts going around have been.
    It has been reported and I was told that he flipped out first (I believe what I was told as this guy is usually spot on). I was also told that Frazier attempted to contact Harvin about the move but Harvin would not answer (respond) so Frazier contacted Harvins agent. My sources say Harvin has been a horrible locker room guy for most of the season and that he generally disrespects the coaches and some of the other players.

    Harvin did say he was eager to come back but wasn't that before the extent of his injury was learned? Harvin does not do MRIs (which has angered some of training, coaching staff and FO) which can make it very difficult to know the exact extent of certain injuries.

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    4,510
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    It has been reported and I was told that he flipped out first (I believe what I was told as this guy is usually spot on). I was also told that Frazier attempted to contact Harvin about the move but Harvin would not answer (respond) so Frazier contacted Harvins agent. My sources say Harvin has been a horrible locker room guy for most of the season and that he generally disrespects the coaches and some of the other players.

    Harvin did say he was eager to come back but wasn't that before the extent of his injury was learned? Harvin does not do MRIs (which has angered some of training, coaching staff and FO) which can make it very difficult to know the exact extent of certain injuries.
    I say we try to get as much out of him as we can and move on. He has great playmaking ability, but at some point you have to cut your losses.

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville/Alliance, Ohio
    Posts
    6,779
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    The altercation between him and Frazier happened before he was placed on IR. It is believed to have been some type of punishment for the way he has been acting regarding his general attitude (about his injury and dealing with the coaches) and how he flipped out on Frazier.
    @TomPelissero: Yes, there was another incident before Percy Harvin's season ended. No, it's not why he landed on IR.


    I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

  7. #232
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    18,692
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    @TomPelissero: Yes, there was another incident before Percy Harvin's season ended. No, it's not why he landed on IR.
    It would be wise for the Vikings to not admit that's why he was placed on IR but that's what I heard. If we are indeed going to trade him the organization should do anything possible to not hurt his value.

    ESPN Twin Cities reports Percy Harvin and coach Leslie Frazier had yet another heated exchange that likely contributed to the receiver being placed on injured reserve earlier this month.

  8. #233
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville/Alliance, Ohio
    Posts
    6,779
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    It would be wise for the Vikings to not admit that's why he was placed on IR but that's what I heard. If we are indeed going to trade him the organization should do anything possible to not hurt his value.
    I can agree with that but personally I have a hard time believing we would put him on IR as a punishment rather than him truly not being able to play, especially with the playoffs right around the corner. Just seems like to stupid of a football decision to let his personality dictate him coming back when his return determines if we will or won't have a passing offense for the rest of the season.


    I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

  9. #234
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    south central illinios
    Posts
    1,068
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I can agree with that but personally I have a hard time believing we would put him on IR as a punishment rather than him truly not being able to play, especially with the playoffs right around the corner. Just seems like to stupid of a football decision to let his personality dictate him coming back when his return determines if we will or won't have a passing offense for the rest of the season.
    i think it will all be swept under the rug with a new contract in hand. i just cant believe the team made no effort to replace him on the roster. one thing i am hoping for is a new oc next seasonthis guy has no imagination

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    648
    vCash
    1500
    I say he is just a competitor and was frustrated that his ankle wasn't recovering fast enough. All Percy likes to do is play football and he keeps having stupid things get in his way. First he had uncontrollable migranes and now his ankle is busted. I think the media is just making things a bigger issue then it really is. The organization just needs to pay him and stop paying scrubs so much money. (ex: Mike Jenkins, Carlson, Berrian, etc.)
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!


  11. #236
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    8,230
    vCash
    1500
    Man I hate it when all this **** is thrown out. I don't know what to believe. The sad thing is from all the stories I heard coming out of Florida is that he is a big time "diva" and very disrespectful to coaches. If that still holds true then Harvin needs to hit the ****ing door. Guys like this don't win championships...Moss, TO, Ocho, see the pattern?

    created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    1,794
    vCash
    1500
    I still think he has a problem with Musrave an Ponder personally. Yes he did catch 60 2 yard passes and do unbelievable things YAC wise, but I don't think he liked it. He may have been spoiled his one year with Favre and catching the ball on every single route imaginable...I just think he isn't on board with the play calling and Ponders performance and his openness about it clashes with Frazier. Honestly what did he do differently this year than last year? He ran the ball more and caught the same screen passes with 1 fade mixed in a game. "His role he was confuse about did not change)

    Just MHO, I played WR with a wildly inconsistent qb and I could see why Harvin "isn't having any fun" in this offense. Every play he made no one else had to make an effort and on plays that they did (mid to deep passes) they failed. I think he wants to be in a system where he can consistently run down the field and the qb can throw him open as Favre did.
    Last edited by El Jorge 69; 12-21-2012 at 05:20 PM.
    Minnesota Vikings

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marble, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    2,129
    vCash
    1500
    So is he healthy then? If he is he better be playing cause we(AP) needs him. I say give him his contract and lets win a Superbowl in the next couple of years. I would be just as mad as him in certain areas.

  14. #239
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Posts
    894
    vCash
    1500
    I think we trade him. We should get a 1st rounder from someone. Sign Bowe, use the first for Terrance Williams, Jarius Wright in the slot. BOOM!

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, Ny
    Posts
    1,559
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    I still think he has a problem with Musrave an Ponder personally. Yes he did catch 60 2 yard passes and do unbelievable things YAC wise, but I don't think he liked it. He may have been spoiled his one year with Favre and catching the ball on every single route imaginable...I just think he isn't on board with the play calling and Ponders performance and his openness about it clashes with Frazier. Honestly what did he do differently this year than last year? He ran the ball more and caught the same screen passes with 1 fade mixed in a game. "His role he was confuse about did not change)

    Just MHO, I played WR with a wildly inconsistent qb and I could see why Harvin "isn't having any fun" in this offense. Every play he made no one else had to make an effort and on plays that they did (mid to deep passes) they failed. I think he wants to be in a system where he can consistently run down the field and the qb can throw him open as Favre did.
    Ockham's razor... seems about right to me.

    Percy isnt Fitz... so he isnt going to waste his career with a scrub QB quietly... though I do admire the blind optimism that many on here have that this is all going to get smoothed over with the almighty dollar. Bring in Alex Smith and I think Percy is singing a different tune (with said almighty dollar of course).

    I have only heard a few rumbling about the locker room stuff... but if he is that cantankerous of a s.o.b. in the locker room.... boot him. I for one have enjoyed the Zygi-enforced-post-Tice era. All I can say is that if that report saying his trade would be valued at a 2nd or 3rd round pick is true... then F-THAT... keep him on the team and hope like hell Ponder comes through like gangbusters next year so Harvin changes his mind about greener pastures. It really depends on what the TRUTH is... and I think in this case... Ockham wins again.



    WISH LIST:

    Win a SB before I die.


    The enemies gate is down

Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •