Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Unfortunately I don't think Percy has the trade value we all think he does. I was thinking possibly a late 1st rounder or early 2nd rounder depending on the team. I could see someone like a NE or Houston giving up their first rounder to really fill out their offense, but other than that a slot receiver and premiere special teams player is really not worth much.

vCash
    You guys remember when I said I heard he would be traded?

vCash
    I suppose if we traded him we would be able to afford Bowe or Wallace and draft 2 more wrs
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    I suppose if we traded him we would be able to afford Bowe or Wallace and draft 2 more wrs
    thats a big if, i read that spielman is more willing to go with the risk reward type of free agent than a big name receiver which sucks because it doesnt help peterson much at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tc80 View Post
    thats a big if, i read that spielman is more willing to go with the risk reward type of free agent than a big name receiver which sucks because it doesnt help peterson much at all.
    I agree with what you said but Spielmann has a very simple philosophy that at the end of the day should make us competitive for many years. It is obvious that we are trying to build through the draft which is probably the way to go if we are trying to win a Super Bowl and not just make the playoffs. Its a simple concept but you can fit a lot more talent under the cap if you draft well.

Spielman has targeted risk reward type signing because for 1, there is not hurt feelings if he ends up cutting them. Secondly, lets say hypothetically that Simpson had a monster year this season and he would command a ton on the open market. We could do a sign and trade and get say a 4th rounder for absolutely nothing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauer.400 View Post
    I agree with what you said but Spielmann has a very simple philosophy that at the end of the day should make us competitive for many years. It is obvious that we are trying to build through the draft which is probably the way to go if we are trying to win a Super Bowl and not just make the playoffs. Its a simple concept but you can fit a lot more talent under the cap if you draft well.

Spielman has targeted risk reward type signing because for 1, there is not hurt feelings if he ends up cutting them. Secondly, lets say hypothetically that Simpson had a monster year this season and he would command a ton on the open market. We could do a sign and trade and get say a 4th rounder for absolutely nothing.
    That never happens in the NFL. The actual reason for the risk reward guys is money. You get a talented guy who typically would have got more money from another team had it not been for his arrest. We struck out on this one but sometime it pays off.

Spielman has a philosophy of targeting free agents who are coming off of their rookie contracts. The idea is to build through the draft and if a young player comes available via free agency then we target him.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    God I hope we do NOT trade Percy. That would be devistating to this team for the long term. Just give him whatever he wants to stay (cuz in all likelihood he has earned it)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by logan44 View Post
    God I hope we do NOT trade Percy. That would be devistating to this team for the long term. Just give him whatever he wants to stay (cuz in all likelihood he has earned it)
    With his attitude and health problems, I'm not so sure.

vCash
    Just reading some tea leaves of my own here, but did anybody think that maybe this latest incident might be Percy's reaction to Frazier telling him he's out for the rest of the season and not what caused Percy to be placed on IR?

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Just reading some tea leaves of my own here, but did anybody think that maybe this latest incident might be Percy's reaction to Frazier telling him he's out for the rest of the season and not what caused Percy to be placed on IR?
    From what I heard, the incident took place before he was placed on the IR. The speculation was that because of said incident, Frazier put him on the IR. I couldn't see Frazier doing that, and considering he's "a players coach" and most of his players love him, Percy must have quite the *****y attitude.

vCash
    Percy has always had a bit of an attitude problem. I get the vibe that he really doesnt want to be here anymore either. If that is the case then i say we trade him and get what we can out of him. As much as i love the guy and love what he brings to the team, I dont want to deal with his attitude.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    From what I heard, the incident took place before he was placed on the IR. The speculation was that because of said incident, Frazier put him on the IR. I couldn't see Frazier doing that, and considering he's "a players coach" and most of his players love him, Percy must have quite the *****y attitude.
    Yeah but think about it. Harvin's not going to learn in the news that he's been placed on IR, that's just now how our organization works. I think that Frazier broke the news to him and that was his reaction.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Yeah but think about it. Harvin's not going to learn in the news that he's been placed on IR, that's just now how our organization works.
    Ok, I'm not sure I completely understand what you are trying to say here.

I think that Frazier broke the news to him and that was his reaction.
    My whole point is that they got in the altercation before he was placed on the IR, therefore it couldn't be his "reaction" because it happened before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    Ok, I'm not sure I completely understand what you are trying to say here.

My whole point is that they got in the altercation before he was placed on the IR, therefore it couldn't be his "reaction" because it happened before.
    I'll try to explain it a little bit better.

After weighing the consequences and consulting with his staff, Frazier decides to place Harvin on IR. He goes to see Harvin (who still can't run after 2-3 weeks out) and tells him (before the actual transaction is made, Frazier is a player's coach and a guy who's been through all this before after tearing his ACL in the Super Bowl with the Bears) that since his ankle isn't getting better he's shutting him down for the rest of the year. Harvin flips out. Get what I'm saying now? I think that the team probably told Percy he was going on IR before he was actually placed on IR.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    I'll try to explain it a little bit better.

After weighing the consequences and consulting with his staff, Frazier decides to place Harvin on IR. He goes to see Harvin (who still can't run after 2-3 weeks out) and tells him (before the actual transaction is made, Frazier is a player's coach and a guy who's been through all this before after tearing his ACL in the Super Bowl with the Bears) that since his ankle isn't getting better he's shutting him down for the rest of the year. Harvin flips out. Get what I'm saying now? I think that the team probably told Percy he was going on IR before he was actually placed on IR.
    The altercation between him and Frazier happened before he was placed on IR. It is believed to have been some type of punishment for the way he has been acting regarding his general attitude (about his injury and dealing with the coaches) and how he flipped out on Frazier.

Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast