Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I say we re-sign him right now while he is hurt and his value is slightly diminished. He needs to be a huge piece to our future.

vCash
    Harvin vows to come back “stronger and better than ever”
    On Wednesday, the Vikings placed receiver Percy Harvin on injured reserve, due to an ankle injury he suffered last month.

On Thursday, Harvin issued a statement regarding the circumstances that ended his fourth year in the NFL.

“It certainly is disappointing that I was not able to finish out this season with my teammates,” Harvin said. “As a competitor I definitely wanted to get back out on the field but my injury has just not allowed me to progress to the point where I can help our team.

“I appreciate the efforts of our medical staff and the support of our fans in helping me through this process and look forward to coming back stronger and better than ever.”

The bigger question is whether, when Harvin comes back, he’ll be in the final year of his rookie deal or in the first year of a new contract. Harvin entered the season viewing it as a contract year, with the understanding that the team would offer him an extension after the season ended. His injury could impact the magnitude of the offer the team is willing to now make.

Regardless, the Vikings need to find a way to keep him around. Without him, it’s the Adrian Peterson show. With Harvin, the Vikings have the ability to be much more dynamic on offense.

Or, at a minimum, much less one-dimensional.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ter-than-ever/

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coenthar View Post
    I say we re-sign him right now while he is hurt and his value is slightly diminished. He needs to be a huge piece to our future.
    I doubt that they're even going to let the injury slightly diminish his value, still the team has more flexibility if they put it off until at least FA is over.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    harvins value is shown when he is not on the field, he deserves whatever he gets, i just hope that when we do sign him to that extension that we wont have to talk about him being injured in the future.

vCash
    Percy Harvin's surgery was appendectomy
    Dec 16 - 4:44 PM

Percy Harvin's (ankle, injured reserve) Saturday operation was an emergency appendectomy, not ankle surgery.

Harvin's "minor surgery" was initially believed to be a cleanup ankle procedure. However, the news doesn't change anything from a recovery perspective, as appendectomies typically require only 2-3 weeks of recuperation. It's still possible Harvin will eventually require an ankle procedure, but he should be 100 percent well before training camp. His Dynasty value is unchanged.

Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
    http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...s-appendectomy

vCash
    We need to keep Harvin on this team. It completely goes against Spielman's philosophy of building around our young core of stars if we trade one of them away. Resign Harvin and draft a good WR in the draft. You don't trade star players in their prime.
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by niftynation11 View Post
    We need to keep Harvin on this team. It completely goes against Spielman's philosophy of building around our young core of stars if we trade one of them away. Resign Harvin and draft a good WR in the draft. You don't trade star players in their prime.
    I agree completely. Have to re-sign the guy.

And getting another playmaker opposite him would only improve the impact the guy has.

He may be more dangerous than even AP. lol I'll probably get eaten alive for that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GibberSquad View Post
    I agree completely. Have to re-sign the guy.

And getting another playmaker opposite him would only improve the impact the guy has.

He may be more dangerous than even AP. lol I'll probably get eaten alive for that.
    No you shoudn't Harvin has traits that AP doesn't he is just as important as AP is in my book....We haven't even touched Harvins potential, we are just now seeing AP's.

vCash
    No you're right...Harvin is a freak of nature and honestly if not a tie he might be just a little bit more of a game changer than AP. Ya that is very hard to imagine with how well AP is playing but Harvin is equally as dangerous.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

vCash
    Pelissero: Percy Harvins injury was legitimate but future uncertain

ST. LOUIS -- Concerns about Percy Harvin's ankle began to escalate on Dec. 3, when a workout with the Minnesota Vikings' athletic trainers showed the dynamic receiver still wasn't making the progress he or the team hoped.

It had been 29 days since Harvin suffered a complete ligament tear in the ankle -- an injury that can take four to six weeks to completely heal -- in a Nov. 4 loss at Seattle and he wasn't getting closer to being able to push off or turn properly.

Harvin didn't need surgery, but the Vikings ended his season two days later, placing him on injured reserve. Coach Leslie Frazier said the injury was the only factor in the decision. Harvin said the same in a statement issued through the team.

That hasn't stopped rumors from spreading in the locker room and league circles about the nature of a talented, but notoriously volatile player's abrupt departure from a team in the midst of an unlikely playoff push.

It started in that game at Seattle, where TV cameras caught Harvin waving his arms and screaming at Frazier on the sideline over his frustration with the Vikings' struggling offense.

According to four NFL sources, Harvin and Frazier had another heated exchange weeks later in front of some players and staff members, fueling speculation about a deteriorating relationship that could spell the end of Harvin's four seasons in Minnesota.

Details of that altercation remain clouded, though it is believed to have begun in the training room at the Vikings' facility. There's no question Harvin was frustrated with the ankle not coming around.

The incident was sufficiently impassioned some inside and outside the building believed that, and not the ankle, was the driving force behind Harvin's trip to IR.

In reality, according to a source with knowledge of the situation, discussions already were underway with Harvin's agent, Joel Segal, about making a decision both sides believed was in the best interest of the player and the team based strictly on the injury.

Instead of risking further injury that could have long-term consequences, Harvin would continue treating the injury immediately near his home in Florida, where he rehabbed from shoulder surgery in the spring and would be heading after the season anyway.

And the Vikings would turn their full attention to chasing a wild-card playoff berth -- a pursuit that continues on Sunday at Houston without a player who was a darkhorse MVP candidate before the ankle stopped him after nine games.

Frazier declined comment for this story through a team spokesman. Segal has not returned several messages since Harvin's injury.

It's no secret the Vikings must make a decision on Harvin's future after the season. He privately made clear as far back as last summer he expects a new contract to replace the final year of his rookie deal and is unlikely to show up on time for training camp without one.

Harvin has to make a decision, too, on whether he wants to try to stay in Minnesota for the long haul or revive the fleeting trade request he made during the team's June minicamp -- although there's no guarantee the Vikings would comply.

That depends in part on what long-term damage, if any, has been done with Frazier, whose strongest personality trait is his ability to deal with problems in a calm manner, as he did during the sideline blowup in Seattle.

In a backwards way, the incidents that preceded Harvin's trip to IR -- like the unexpected trade request that disappeared after talks with Frazier -- actually might carry less weight because he is so emotional and the Vikings have dealt with worse before.

They knew he had a history of manipulation and insubordination at the University of Florida, so they deployed then-coach Brad Childress to spend extra time with Harvin and his family before selecting him 22nd overall in the 2009 draft.

In November 2010, Childress accused Harvin of dogging it on another ankle injury and threw him out of practice. The two had to be separated and the altercation carried over to the weight room, where a witness said Harvin hurled a weight in Childress' direction.

That incident came four days after the release of veteran receiver Randy Moss -- one of few players Harvin, 24, is known to have grown particularly tight with during his four seasons in Minnesota. And it's not the only maintenance issue the Vikings have dealt with.

Harvin's first two seasons were plagued with missed practices the team attributed to migraines. He once passed out on the practice field from an allergic reaction to medication, and his medical situation is more unique and complicated than most anyone outside the building knows.

By all accounts, though, Harvin showed signs of maturity last season and was healthy and on his best behavior when training camp began this year. He racked up 60 catches for 667 yards and five total touchdowns through the season's midway point.

Then came the ankle injury, which Harvin played through after getting retaped in Seattle. He missed the following week's game against Detroit but told reporters on Nov. 21 he felt "like I'm ready for this next stretch. I should be good."

Harvin never made it through a full practice again and was placed on IR two weeks later. Left with no starting-caliber receivers on the roster in the middle of a playoff chase, Frazier nonetheless said the decision "helps all of us."

Those words provided one more clue for those who believe the Vikings are preparing to trade Harvin in the offseason, with the possible return pegged by one NFL personnel man as a second- or third-round draft pick.

Players as talented as Percy Harvin aren't easy to find, though. Plus, he's a competitor. No matter what happens the other six days of the week, he wants to play on Sundays. That's why the Vikings were willing to take a chance on him in the first place.

Any long-term deal they'd offer him likely would lean heavily on performance-based incentives and escalators, protecting them in the event the off-field issues eventually become too much to handle.

As it stands now, though, the Vikings are concentrating on the playoff push, Harvin is concentrating on rehab and both have plenty to sort out come January.
    http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/P...ncertain122012

“I can’t wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and we’re standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and we’re all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him he’s world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.”
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Percy Harvin - WR - Vikings

ESPN Twin Cities reports Percy Harvin and coach Leslie Frazier had yet another heated exchange that likely contributed to the receiver being placed on injured reserve earlier this month.
    It's the third documented issue with Harvin and the organization since June. The exchange is believed to have begun in the training room and has fueled speculation that the "deteriorating" relationship between the two men could lead to Harvin's exit from Minnesota. Seeking a new contract and frustrated with the identity of the Vikings offense, Harvin briefly issued a trade request last offseason. The team will have to decide whether to offer him a long-term deal heavy on performance-based incentives and escalators or prepare to shop him in March and April. One NFL personnel man estimates that Harvin would draw a second- or third-round pick in a contract year.
    rotoworld

“I can’t wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and we’re standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and we’re all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him he’s world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.”
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Fantastic.

vCash
    Greatttt
    Bridgewater Draft and Highlights Video

Adobt-A-Viking: Josh Robinson
    8 Tackles, 2 INTs, 18.5 Passer Rating

vCash
    No way we can give up Harvin for any less than a 1st rounder. If we trade him I'd offer Harvin and our 3rd to Oakland for #3 Get te'o and and Terrance Williams round 1.

I did see a comment someone made about this story on another site ......Has anyone seen Harvin on the sideline? Is he even showing up to the games to support the rest of the team. For how much he is referenced during the games I am yet to see him. Shady Sh it by Harvin if he isn't.
    Last edited by El Jorge 69; 12-20-2012 at 07:33 PM.
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    well this ****ing sucks. getting rid of percy and not having any deep threat or even a threat at wide receiver. pathetic. spielman better do something this offseason and actually get a deep threat and draft one too because we dont deserve this crap of receivers that we have had for so long

Page 14 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast