Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    vCash
    i heard that harvin has a torn ligament which requires surgery, he getting injured was not his fault, thats what happens in football, harvin has proven his value by not being on the field in the past 2 weeks. we need him and if spielman low balls him with the saying *we need you on the field next year and need to see how durable you really are to get an increase in money* than that is stupid and spielman should be fired for that. i hope ponder does not leave the vikings because we need him and also i think adrian peterson would be just as upset.

but at the same time i am thinking maybe this is a good thing? maybe harvin gets his contract extension and does what peterson does and comes back to be what he has always been. but thats just me being the fan that i am.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tc80 View Post
    i heard that harvin has a torn ligament which requires surgery, he getting injured was not his fault, thats what happens in football, harvin has proven his value by not being on the field in the past 2 weeks. we need him and if spielman low balls him with the saying *we need you on the field next year and need to see how durable you really are to get an increase in money* than that is stupid and spielman should be fired for that. i hope ponder does not leave the vikings because we need him and also i think adrian peterson would be just as upset.

but at the same time i am thinking maybe this is a good thing? maybe harvin gets his contract extension and does what peterson does and comes back to be what he has always been. but thats just me being the fan that i am.
    Yeah, way too much to loose trying to dick Harvin around. This should change precisely nothing as far as an extension goes, both Peterson's and Greenway's extensions were done shortly after the season started in 2011, I expect the same thing with Harvin.

Not that this is what I predict will happen but I think its more likely that the Vikes pay Harvin and he's still hurt/not as good vs. them dicking him around and making him play out his contract. If doesn't get that extension though there's no way he's back here in 2014.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Do you honestly think Harvin likes HAVING to run the ball out of the backfield to touch the ball? Would you be happy as the leading reciever in the NFL if the longest pass you caught was 2 yards? Do you think he likes catching the ball at the line when the safety has 15 yards to run full speed and hit him.

After seeing your starting Qb throw for under 100 yards multiple times in a season would after you had already demanded a trade in the offseason. After seeing Ponder lose game after game while we witness the greatest spectacle in sports AP run wild on teams. If Ap ran for 700 we may have been able to overcome Ponders play last week. I'm sorry but if you think Harvin is any less upset with the Vikings I respectfully disagree.
    Like Cheese said Harvin got exactly what he was asking for. He wanted an increased role and to be on the field more. They gave it to him. If I was a WR putting up career numbers and leading the league in receiving I wouldn't give a **** if I was catching 2 yard passes or 50 yard passes. That's great that you don't like Ponder but to assume all of his team mates hate him because he has had some bad games is ludicrous.

vCash
    the question isn't whether the Vikings should get an extension done, it's what is it going to cost.........and this injury may at least allow the Vikings to get it done a little cheaper than if he'd played the whole season

my worry, even before the injury, was.....with the state of the team, does he WANT to stay in Minny.....and that's not just about his feelings about Ponder
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

vCash
    seen this coming.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    my $0.02
    I believe Percy may be more upset on being shelved for the remainder of the season and not given a chance to pad his great numbers & help the team going into the off-season contract talks.
    As a player & possibly his agent, may feel the vikings organization is playing his injury to their negotiation advantage unfairly

vCash
    You know this doesn't smell right...I thought that right when I saw it scroll on ESPN last night. Sure it's more than likely just a case of the injury not healing like they thought and the only option at this point is to have surgery. My guess is we will hear trade talks this offseason again. I just don't think Harvin likes it here in MN...I'm just speculating but that is the vibe I get for some reason. We'll probably trade him to NE for their 1st & 2nd round picks, lol.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    You know this doesn't smell right...I thought that right when I saw it scroll on ESPN last night. Sure it's more than likely just a case of the injury not healing like they thought and the only option at this point is to have surgery. My guess is we will hear trade talks this offseason again. I just don't think Harvin likes it here in MN...I'm just speculating but that is the vibe I get for some reason. We'll probably trade him to NE for their 1st & 2nd round picks, lol.
    Not trying to open a can another issue here, but I have a feeling that if he really doesn't like it here it has a lot to do with the coaching staff and how they have under utilized him. Yes this year has been better but he still had instances where we seen him screaming at coaches. I would hope we would take a hard look at our coaches before we try to trade Harvin....

vCash
    I think what it comes down to is, what is the value of a premiere slot receiver? Both on how much it is going to sign him long-term, and what we could get back in any trade. Look at NE, Wes Welker believes he should be paid on the level of Larry Fitzgerald, but NE has come back and said "you are a slot receiver." Take into consideration that he a few years older, but what is Harvin's worth?

However, if we are going to go out and explore a trade it is going to be this off-season. There are going to be #1 receivers available on the market and if we can get what we deem to be equal value to harvin in the form of draft picks we may actually become a better team. So lets say we get a late first rounder from someone like the Ravens or Steelers. Then instead of paying Harvin we go out on the market and sign either Mike Wallace, or Dwayne Bowe as his replacement. We can now place Wright in the slot and still have the second 1st round pick to take a receiver early if we wanted.

As far fetched as this seems, it is not completely a pipe dream. We would have tons of draft flexibility and if all played out right a receiver that is capable to replacing Harvin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinsfan24 View Post
    Not trying to open a can another issue here, but I have a feeling that if he really doesn't like it here it has a lot to do with the coaching staff and how they have under utilized him. Yes this year has been better but he still had instances where we seen him screaming at coaches. I would hope we would take a hard look at our coaches before we try to trade Harvin....
    I agree. It's hard not to think Harvin wants out from his demands in camp to his behavior on the sidelines. I feel that the organization wants to keep Harvin and the ace up there sleeve is this. Ponder will of course play out the season. Ponder is Speilman's guy. The fall guy in this equation is Musgrave. The Vikes fire Musgrave as the fall guy for this season's offensive woes and play it up to Harvin and his agent that things will be different here in MN. Just my opinion.

vCash
    Just because someone is vocal and shows a lot of fire on the sideline does not mean he doesn't like it here. He is just opinionated and isn't afraid to speak out.
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by niftynation11 View Post
    Just because someone is vocal and shows a lot of fire on the sideline does not mean he doesn't like it here. He is just opinionated and isn't afraid to speak out.
    It's funny people think that way yet they want a coach that yells at the players and that means they hate their players to right?
    Bridgewater Draft and Highlights Video

Adobt-A-Viking: Josh Robinson
    18 Tackles, 2 INTs, 45.7 Passer Rating

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    It's funny people think that way yet they want a coach that yells at the players and that means they hate their players to right?
    I honestly feel that people don't know what they want. They just look at something and if it isn't perfect then they clamor on about wanting the polar opposite of what they have. This really can't be helped though, its become normal to never be satisfied with anything.

Read an article on NFL.com, saying how Percy released a statement about being disappointed he couldn't finish the season with his team mates. I think this guy will be a Vike for a long time. At least I hope so, I know Spielman knows his worth.
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

vCash
    Percy Harvin - WR - Vikings
    Dec 6 - 2:39 PM

Percy Harvin released a statement Thursday, expressing disappointment that his ankle injury landed him on injured reserve.

"It certainly is disappointing that I was not able to finish out this season with my teammates," the statement reads. "As a competitor I definitely wanted to get back out there on the field but my injury has just not allowed me to progress to the point where I can help our team." Harvin is widely regarded as one of the toughest skill-position players in the NFL.

Source: ESPN 1500 Twin Cities

Dec 6 - 4:22 PM

Vikings coach Leslie Frazier said Thursday that Percy Harvin (ankle) was placed on injured reserve because he "just wasn't making progress," but that he should not need surgery.

Frazier also tried to quell speculation that there was more going on behind the scenes than met the public eye with Harvin, saying "it's just an injury." Although it's surprising Harvin was shut down with four games to go if he doesn't need surgery, it's always a good thing when a player can avoid going under the knife. Harvin's health figures to be an offseason talking point, but he should be 100 percent long before camp. It's his contract that will be the issue, as he's currently set to make just $1.55 million in the final year of his rookie deal. That's probably not going to fly.

Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football?rw=1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Dec 6 - 2:39 PM

Dec 6 - 4:22 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football?rw=1
    No way Harvin will only get $1.5 mil next year. I don't expect it to get done right away, however I do think Spielman is certainly keeping it in mind. Expect a deal to get inked after FA and after our draft picks are signed, probably exhausting the rest of our cap $$$ left over. If I'm not mistaken we have some millions that we can carry over for next year and front-load that into Harvin's deal.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast