Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Percy Harvin - WR - Vikings
    Dec 5 - 6:45 PM

Vikings placed WR Percy Harvin on injured reserve with an ankle injury, ending his season.

As beat writer Tom Pelissero opined on Twitter, that escalated quickly. Coach Leslie Frazier admitted Wednesday that Harvin may not play again this season, but it stood to reason the Vikings would give their second best player another week or two to heal up. The fact that they haven't is a strong indication he needs surgery after tearing a ligament in his left ankle in Week 9. The news leaves the Vikings embarrassingly thin at receiver, and coupled with Christian Ponder's frequently dismal performances, places a massive load on the shoulders of Adrian Peterson as they fight to remain in the NFC Wild Card picture. This is the first time in Harvin's four-year career he's been placed on injured reserve. He had missed just three total games coming into 2012. Entering the final year of his rookie deal in 2013, Harvin's contract figures to be a point of emphasis for the Vikings in the offseason. He was a legit MVP candidate before going down. Harvin is still only 24 years old.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...ayer-news?rw=1
    There goes the wild card....

vCash
    I wonder how this will effect contract negotiations...

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Well....the only way to make the playoffs now is to just take all the pressure off and get an "us against the world" mentality. Forget all playoff expectations, play as many guys with potential not necessarily consistency, take more risks in terms of play calling, and don't feel as pressured to push guys back from injury.

Although that may sound like tanking - I think it's the only way we still stand a chance. We need proven guys to do what they do best and unproven guys to play out of their minds - we'll have to play lucky, reckless, desperate football.

If it doesn't work, well, at least you are getting a better draft pick and will know what you need for the offseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I wonder how this will effect contract negotiations...
    I think is part of the reason the Vikings placed him on the IR. Yes he was injured and probably won't be 100% until next year. If I were Percy I would be worried the Vikings can now come back and say "Before we pay you prove that you can stay on the field", or "prove you are still the same player before your injury." The only way he can do that is by getting on the field... next year. By going on the IR Harvin gets put in a real iffy situation when it comes to his contract negotiations.

Thats is just a potential outcome. I personally would have no problem writing Percy his check regardless if he is 100% healthy or not. He will be back ready to go next year.

vCash
    @TomPelissero: As of noon yesterday, #Vikings believed Percy Harvin would try to practice today. Now, he's on IR. Doesn't smell right, to say the least.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    @TomPelissero: As of noon yesterday, #Vikings believed Percy Harvin would try to practice today. Now, he's on IR. Doesn't smell right, to say the least.

vCash
    I don't think we'll find this out for a little while but I think that Harvin needs surgery, and I think what it comes down to is the choice between shutting him down now and getting him fixed up right for next year, vs trying to let it heal on its own (which it hasn't been able to do for the past 4 weeks) and possibly leaving him in an iffy situation going into next year, or if he has surgery AFTER the end of the season. Basically he's got more recovery time getting it done now.

Screwing Harvin over is a very bad idea, and not one that Spielman would do ("oh you have to prove that you can stay on the field."). Even with the year AP has been having, you can make a legit case for Harvin being MVP on our team, he's been a one man army in the passing game. Of all people, the guys running the team know how good Harvin is and how important it is for us to keep him (as if the past two weeks haven't been clue enough).
    Last edited by 100%CHEESE FREE; 12-05-2012 at 10:22 PM.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Harvin will demand a trade He doesn't like Ponder and clearly doesn't care for musgrave or Frazier. HArvin has been seen repeatedly going off on the coaches something NEVER seen once with the late Childress. I don't believe he has any faith in Ponder and that contributed to why he wanted to be traded as well as knowing Musgrave would get him killed with his **** offense.
    Last edited by El Jorge 69; 12-05-2012 at 10:23 PM.
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Harvin will demand a trade He doesn't like Ponder and clearly doesn't care for musgrave or Frazier
    Did Percy tell you all this himself?

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Harvin will demand a trade He doesn't like Ponder and clearly doesn't care for musgrave or Frazier. HArvin has been seen repeatedly going off on the coaches something NEVER seen once with the late Childress. I don't believe he has any faith in Ponder and that contributed to why he wanted to be traded as well as knowing Musgrave would get him killed with his **** offense.
    He doesn't like Ponder and Musgrave? He was putting up career highs in all categories this season. I guess hes mad he was doing so well?

vCash
    How about that time the boys had to hold him back after he tried to take a swing at chilly when he waived Moss, not one of those times?

As for Percy being afraid of getting killed, we should find a new nickname for Tyrann Mathieu because Percy Harvin is the real Honey Badger. You put the ball in there and he does't give a f*&^, not only will he catch it in traffic (regardless of what kind of shot the D might put on him) he'll also break two tackles and pick up major YAC too. The little guy is FEARLESS!

Harvin's reasons for being all pissed off before camp were just the opposite, he was pissed off that he wasn't on the field enough and that our OC was not using him, and we were losing games because of it. How many times in 2011 did you see him an AP just looking at each-other on the sideline on 3rd down, usually in a game where we just gave up a huge first half lead.
    Last edited by 100%CHEESE FREE; 12-05-2012 at 10:32 PM.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    He doesn't like Ponder and Musgrave? He was putting up career highs in all categories this season. I guess hes mad he was doing so well?
    Do you honestly think Harvin likes HAVING to run the ball out of the backfield to touch the ball? Would you be happy as the leading reciever in the NFL if the longest pass you caught was 2 yards? Do you think he likes catching the ball at the line when the safety has 15 yards to run full speed and hit him.

After seeing your starting Qb throw for under 100 yards multiple times in a season would after you had already demanded a trade in the offseason. After seeing Ponder lose game after game while we witness the greatest spectacle in sports AP run wild on teams. If Ap ran for 700 we may have been able to overcome Ponders play last week. I'm sorry but if you think Harvin is any less upset with the Vikings I respectfully disagree.
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post

Harvin's reasons for being all pissed off before camp were just the opposite, he was pissed off that he wasn't on the field enough and that our OC was not using him, and we were losing games because of it. How many times in 2011 did you see him an AP just looking at each-other on the sideline on 3rd down, usually in a game where we just gave up a huge first half lead.
    [B]

So what exactly changed? We saw this multiple times this season leading to conflicts during games
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    Do you honestly think Harvin likes HAVING to run the ball out of the backfield to touch the ball? Would you be happy as the leading reciever in the NFL if the longest pass you caught was 2 yards? Do you think he likes catching the ball at the line when the safety has 15 yards to run full speed and hit him.

After seeing your starting Qb throw for under 100 yards multiple times in a season would after you had already demanded a trade in the offseason. After seeing Ponder lose game after game while we witness the greatest spectacle in sports AP run wild on teams. If Ap ran for 700 we may have been able to overcome Ponders play last week. I'm sorry but if you think Harvin is any less upset with the Vikings I respectfully disagree.
    The point behind all of this is that you are speculating all of this. YOU DON'T THINK that Harvin likes Ponder which may in fact be completely untrue, and even if it is, it may have nothing to do with anything that's going on.

As I said earlier, Harvin basically got what he asked for when he was demanding a trade. He wanted an increased role on this team, they gave it to him, he put up numbers like never before and we won games because of it.

I heard that the real reason for all of this is because he wants to play in Denver, no not because Peyton is there but because of some of the other extracurricular activities that Colorado's got going on

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    [B]

So what exactly changed? We saw this multiple times this season leading to conflicts during games
    So neither Harvin nor AP saw their roles increase this year? Really?

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast