Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

The Percy Harvin Thread (Trade Rumors) (news, injuries, ideas.... etc)

....and if he's not happy, I'm not happy.....one way or another

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...GoV_story.html
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

vCash
    I started talking about this in the camp thread, can those posts be moved here?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ApolloInfinity View Post
    I started talking about this in the camp thread, can those posts be moved here?
    Sorry but nope.

vCash
    Well I guess lets discuss this in three threads. Efficiency at its finest.

Percy Harvin - WR - Vikings
    Jun 19 - 1:01 PM

Saying he's "not happy with a couple situations," Percy Harvin strongly suggested

Tuesday he'll skip the beginning of training camp.
    Harvin didn't elaborate on the "situations," but said they must be resolved before he reports to camp. Coach Leslie Frazier didn't sound concerned, saying the two will "talk it through." Harvin currently stands to make a total of just $2.465 million under the final two years of his rookie deal. Only one month removed from his 24th birthday, Harvin was the No. 7 fantasy receiver last season. With Adrian Peterson (knee surgery) questionable for Week 1, the Vikings can ill-afford to lose their No. 1 wideout to a holdout.

Source: Chip Scoggins on Twitter
    Coach Leslie Frazier is confident that Percy Harvin's "issues" will be resolved before a training-camp holdout becomes a possibility.

Frazier expects to sit down with Harvin later in the day and believes the two will "get through it." Frazier wouldn't get into specifics on the reasons behind Harvin's unhappiness, though NFL Network's Ian Rapaport inferred that the issues were not contract-related.

Source: Chip Scoggins on Twitter

vCash
    Just give the man what he wants.
    Bridgewater Draft and Highlights Video

Adobt-A-Viking: Josh Robinson
    2 Tackles, 1 INTs, 2.8 QB Rating

vCash
    Percy Harvin (shoulder surgery) practiced Tuesday after stating earlier that he would not participate in this week's minicamp.
    There is "no question" Harvin stands by his earlier threat to hold out of training camp if the team doesn't resolve several unspecified issues. Asked about coach Leslie Frazier's plan to get him on the field for more than 58 percent of his 2011 snaps, Harvin rolled his eyes, shook his head and answered, "We'll see. We'll see." From what ESPN.com's Kevin Seifert understands, Vikings decision-makers were "blindsided" by Harvin's comments Tuesday and had "no inkling that he was upset about anything of substance."
    rotoworld

Looks like this is a major reason why he is upset.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post

rotoworld

Looks like this is a major reason why he is upset.

I think Harvin does need to be utilized more. He wants to play, then let the guy play.

vCash
    Jun 19 - 9:16 PM

The St. Paul Pioneer Press believes one of the "situations" Percy Harvin is upset with is his contract.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport heard otherwise, but the Press says the "speculation" is Harvin wants an extension. Harvin is slated to make just $2.47 million over the final two years of his rookie deal. Whatever the issues are, coach Leslie Frazier says he's "not alarmed at all," and that it's "not something that can't be handled." We might not know for sure until the Vikings report to camp.

Source: St. Paul Pioneer Press
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...l-player-news/

vCash
    Simply put they need to get Harvin more involved. I might catch some flak for this but I think he should be the focal point of the offense, even more so than Adrian Peterson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JA22 View Post
    Simply put they need to get Harvin more involved. I might catch some flak for this but I think he should be the focal point of the offense, even more so than Adrian Peterson.
    Ill do you one better and say that Harvin is probably more dangerous of a weapon then AD. mainly because he is so versatile and can literally do anything.. Peterson can just run people over. Losing Harvin would be a killer. especially if AD is still recovering.

props to VCU for the sig!

vCash
    Percy Harvin has requested a trade from the Vikings, sources tell the Associated Press.
    roto
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewredskin3 View Post
    At this point, Cousins gives us the best opportunity to win.
    30 minutes before RG3 goes down

Quote Originally Posted by matthewredskin3 View Post
    Let's just keep RG3 in the game. Can't move and risking furthur injury. Great call.
    One play before RG3 goes down

vCash
    What the F is going on? Now he wants to be traded? They better fix whatever problems there are and fix them yesterday!!!

vCash
    If its his deal then re-do it for christs sake!!! If it's something else then give the man whatever the F he wants. We CAN NOT lose Percy PERIOD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by logan44 View Post
    If its his deal then re-do it for christs sake!!! If it's something else then give the man whatever the F he wants. We CAN NOT lose Percy PERIOD
    I saw this coming but thought it would happen after this year. Dude is super talented but he is going to want wayyyy too much money. I say, get what we can out of him in a trade. Doesn't really sound like he wants to be here anyway.

This is why I love AD. Works hard every practice, kills it every game, deserves a ton of money but still makes it to camp, and he gets rewarded. Harvin on the other hand, doesn't show up to practice half the time, comes up with mysterious excuses as to why he can't be there, and holds out with two years left on his contract. **** him
    Last edited by natelpete; 06-20-2012 at 10:14 AM.

vCash
    No no...no no no no NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast