Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Vikings agree to multiyear contract with Phil Loadholt

Report: Bears are 'hot' on RT Phil Loadholt

Phil Loadholt | MIN
    (March 12, 2013 10:04 AM EDT)

A source tells the Chicago Tribune that the Bears are "hot" on free agent RT Phil Loadholt.

Under new coach Marc Trestman, the Bears have made protecting Jay Cutler a priority. Signing the mauling 6'8/343 Loadholt would be a strong step in that direction. Even if the Bears can't lure Loadholt in, they'll perhaps raise the pricetag for the Vikings to retain him. It's a win-win situation for Chicago.

SOURCE: CHICAGO TRIBUNE

vCash
    wonderful :face-palm:

props to VCU for the sig!

vCash
    Bears offering Loadholt more money than Vikings

Phil Loadholt | MIN
    (March 12, 2013 10:30 AM EDT)

ESPN 1500 Twin Cities reports the Bears' interest in free agent RT Phil Loadholt is "legitimate" and they are offering more money than the Vikings.

Per Vikings beat writer Tom Pelissero, Minnesota doesn't intend to offer Loadholt more than $5 million a year. The $5 million figure would be solid for a right tackle, but by no means one of the bigger contracts in the league at that position. A day after dealing Percy Harvin, the Vikings appear to be at risk of losing another integral offensive piece. Loadholt is a 27-year-old mauler in the run game.

SOURCE: TOM PELISSERO ON TWITTER

This is not good at all.

vCash
    @TomPelissero: Few RTs make that much. RT @tha_funk: @TomPelissero if you're not going above 5 mill a year for a Tackle then you're going to lose him

@TomPelissero: Loadholt negotiations not stuck on cap, though. They have plenty. It's that they don't want to get into a bidding war for a right tackle.

@TomPelissero: #Bears' interest in Phil Loadholt is legitimate, I'm told. Offering better numbers than #Vikings, who don't want to go above $5M/year.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    We may not want to pay him more than 5 million but I think we can up our offer a little bit to make sure we keep him over the Bears.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Well Phils strength is the run blocking not pass blocking. So if the Bears want to overpay for him then so be it. But it'll be a double whammy for us.

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Well Phils strength is the run blocking not pass blocking. So if the Bears want to overpay for him then so be it. But it'll be a double whammy for us.
    Yes but it really is worth their while if it makes us a worse team. We do have our 2 first rounders so we'd probably land a good lineman at the end of the 1st if necessary but we have to keep our **** together. Loadholt has to stay.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    They're doing this for two reasons:

1) They actually want him
    2) They want us to either overpay for him or have him go to a division rival.

This sucks.

vCash
    Let him walk and sign Jake Long.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDCballa View Post
    Let him walk and sign Jake Long.
    You realize how much money he wants right? You don't pay that kinda money for an RT

props to VCU for the sig!

vCash
    They want to protect Jay Cutler and they are in a bidding war for Phil Loadholt...the bears just don't know offensive lineman

There's a reason we only want to give him 5 million per year, cus he's a one trick pony...can only run block

vCash
    This wouldn't be ideal, but we could spend around 5M per year on Levitre and then move Charlie Johnson to right tackle. I don't think we get any better, but I don't think we get much worse either.

vCash
    If we lose Loadholdt does that mean we wont get 3 penalties per game on him? haha

Joking aside. I think we could get Levitre but I dont know about Charlie Johnson. Im not a fan of him.

vCash
    AP wants Loadholt back. They better sign him.

vCash
    ‏@TomPelissero: For the first time, I'm leaning against it. But there is still time. RT @manderson92: @TomPelissero Ur gut feeling, do we sign Loadholt?

Not looking good for Loadholt returning

- Mike Zimmer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast