Thanks for signing up. The first thing you must do is post in the GM List thread to let me know that you have signed up. Please take a few minutes to review the rules in regard to the draft, trading and other general information.
Since this is a Lakers Re-Draft, all the players will be a Los Angeles team. However, it is up to the GM to pick a city (from Los Angeles preferably) and team name.
1) The only players eligible to be drafted in this Re-Draft are players who have played in at least 1 game for the Lakers. Hence, a player that was drafted by the Lakers and subsequently traded before playing a game would not be eligible. When selecting a player, we will assume they are in their prime.
2) When making a pick, please post the number of the draft pick and the player being selected. This allows the draft board to be updated easier going forward. Once you make a pick, it cannot be changed unless that player was already taken prior to you making your selection.
3) The first 2 rounds of the Draft will have a 8 hour time limit. 4 Hour time limit per pick will be given for rounds 3-10 and 11-12 will be determined based on the activity of the redraft at the time. The clock will not run from 10:00 PM to Noon EST. If the clock starts for a pick between 10 P.M. EST and 5 A.M. EST, you will be given until 12 P.M. EST to make that pick, assuming you were not online at the time the clock for that pick started.
4) If you are online when your pick is on the clock, you will have 30 minutes to make a selection. This same rule also applies to teams that are within 3 picks of the current selection on the clock. Please do not try and set your status to invisible as mods can see if you are online or not.
5) If your pick is skipped, you may make the selection anytime after your pick being skipped.
6) If you trade for a pick that is on the clock, you will have the remainder of the time left on the clock plus 15 minutes to make your selection.
7) If you know you will be away a day from the draft, please send in a list to me or another commish.
9) After you are done making your pick, please PM or VM the GM of the next team after you so they are fully aware it is their turn to pick.
10) If you are on deck to pick, you have to send in a list to a commish if you sign off. If you sign off without sending a list, you will be skipped. It keeps the draft moving faster.
Send me, or another commish a PM from both GMs to inform us a trade has been completed before it can be posted. (Only GM’s can make trades, assistants cannot)
-Once you have sent in the PM agreeing to a trade, you are committed and cannot back out. If you are on the fence about a trade, think about it before you send it in.
-Each team must receive an equal number of players/picks in each trade, otherwise some teams could end up with fewer than the required 12 man roster.
-Please send in trades in this format (example):
Title of PM: Team A/Team B Trade
Team A in:
Team B in:
Also include your own brief reasoning for agreeing to the trade.
Trades that are deemed questionable in terms of the fairness of the trade will be reviewed by a Trade Committee.
Please be active! If you have signed up to be a part of the Re-Draft, the expectation is that you will be active. Do you have to be on every hour of the day? Of course not, but you are expected to be around and not disappear for days upon end. I do have the power to give you a co GM if you are being inactive or even remove you from the Re-Draft so please be active.
You are not allowed to talk about undrafted players in the lounge. You may talk about players only once they have been drafted.
Do NOT pretend to be another GM when making a trade. For example, If you are caught using Chatzy to make trades while posing as another teams GM, you will be FIRED and removed from the Re-Draft.
If you are banned, you will be fired from the Re-Draft.
Be respectful of one another in the lounge. Trash talking is permitted but no personal attacks will be tolerated. We don’t want to turn the lounge into a place of drama.
Lastly, have fun!
*Rules are subject to change. This is still tentative so the feedback will play a large role in how the rules ultimately end up.