Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is Amar'e Stoudemire the Knicks most important player for next season?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 56.76%
  • No

16 43.24%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Amar'e Stoudemire: The most important Knick..

How fitting is it... That going into next season.. The man who stepped up to the plate and took on the Challenge that is the New York Knicks will be the most important piece of the team if we are to win anything in the coming season.

I say this because there are a lot of ifs when you think about Stoudemire and his performance between his first 2 seasons in a Knick uniform.

If he is healthy will be play like he did in in the first half of his first season and game 1 against Boston in the playoffs?..

If he can become a better post player that would take pressure of Lin. As it stands now Stat needs a good PG to facilitate his offense.

If he can regain his mid range jump shot defenses would have to respect him and that would open up driving lanes to the hoop.

If the Knicks decide to trade him.. Could they get fair value for him?

If if if if if if if if if if if....

If the questions surrounding Amar'e Stoudemire are answer positively. I think we will be all right.. 24 and 10 from Stat and 27 and 7 from Melo makes life easier for everybody on the team. And makes us a contender in my opinion...

vCash
    Him and Lin/pg spot. We know what we'll get from Melo under woodson, so itll come down to if our PG can run the show and distribute the ball well enough, as well as Stat regaining that jumper and coexisting with Melo. Also, hopefully working on those post skills that he is supposed to be working on over the summer.

vCash
    I say Lin but we don't win without both playing well.

vCash
    Why are you guys so high on Lin .. he averaged around 7 turnovers per 48 mins .. with an average jumper at best ... . he is a backup point guard on a good team .. amare has 60 million left on his contract and u guys thinks Lin is more important ?? Really

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the unknown View Post
    Why are you guys so high on Lin .. he averaged around 7 turnovers per 48 mins .. with an average jumper at best ... . he is a backup point guard on a good team .. amare has 60 million left on his contract and u guys thinks Lin is more important ?? Really
    I ask myself this question often.. I like Lin a lot.. He is a decent player.. But man we overrate that guy a bit much around here.. And his turnovers are a cause for concern.

The defense being played in the finals last night is what Lin would have to face if we were to win anything of significance.. He is going to have to show that he can handle it if we are going to have any chance at being successful.. Especially if he is going to be our starter..

vCash
    I agree that it's Amare. I'm hoping that being able to get treatment by the team doctors and training staff hill bring him back to what he was. He also needs to get his jumper back because he was getting a lot of open shots last season and missing. And he also needs to develop a post game so he can create his own shot. He wasn't able to do that last season. He would get the all and try to power himself through the paint but get either stripped or blocked. He desperately needs a bounce back season.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    I think we are banking on him becoming a better player with a full offseason and training camp...but realistically I don't think it's a stretch to say Lin will be very important next season...we know he can drop 30 on just about any team...but we don't need him to do that...all we need him to do is penetrate effectively, cut down the turnovers and try to stay in front of speedy guards and Lin will be alright...no reason he can't get better in those areas this offseason
    Die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys and New York Knicks fan.

vCash
    Lin has done a lot more this season than Amare has which is pretty much nothing lol(in fact he cost us that Cavs game that would allow us to move to the 6th seed). Also no one even wants to take Stat for free due to his contract so that doesn't say much. Stat better step up next season and develop a bit of a post game and stop being ******** on defense. Really tired of him saying all the right stuff but not executing.

Also Lin is a backup PG on a good team? There are plenty of good teams that would upgrade at the PG position if Lin joined. Pacers, Heat, Lakers, Mavericks, etc.

Anyway a lot actually rides on how Stat plays next season. Will he learn to be at least an average defender? Can Melo, Stat and Chandler somehow solve the spacing issues? Can he back up his bark instead of punching fire extinguishers?
    Last edited by felixng2012; 06-18-2012 at 11:29 AM.
    He Mad.

vCash
    It's because if you've seen enough of his games, not one or two, you'd notice the quite palpable difference in the Knicks game, in term of offensive flow, tempo, energy, discipline, and hustle, whenever he's on or off the court. I also feel, as I'm sure Lin himself does, that he needs to cut down on the turnovers, however, once again, if you had watched more than 5 of his games, you'd know that even including his turnovers (overblown btw) and all, he was very clearly a net positive on the team more than any other player last year.
    I have a question for you, why do you think that Lin is not a starting pg? Is it because you don't think he can lead a team? That he is too overly TO prone to be a starter? Not good enough of a scorer? Disher? Doesn't penetrate enough? Can't go left? Can't play D? Not a team player? I would disagree with all of those statements as false advertisement. IMHO, he'll dictate how far the Knicks will go next year as much as Melo, Amare, and Woodson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by felixng2012 View Post
    Lin has done a lot more this season than Amare has which is pretty much nothing lol(in fact he cost us that Cavs game that would allow us to move to the 6th seed). Also no one even wants to take Stat for free due to his contract so that doesn't say much. Stat better step up next season and develop a bit of a post game and stop being ******** on defense. Really tired of him saying all the right stuff but not executing.

Also Lin is a backup PG on a good team? There are plenty of good teams that would upgrade at the PG position if Lin joined. Pacers, Heat, Lakers, Mavericks, etc.

Anyway a lot actually rides on how Stat plays next season. Will he learn to be at least an average defender? Can Melo, Stat and Chandler somehow solve the spacing issues? Can he back up his bark instead of punching fire extinguishers?

IMO the spacing issue have a lot to do with shooting.. Outside of Novak we didnt shoot particular well from distance let alone anywhere else on the floor.. Good shooting will help space the floor for us...

vCash
    It shouldn't really be a Lin arguement. The position of PG is as important as any any the floor for the Knicks. Melo isn't really the point forward many of us had hoped and so this team needs a strong PG and good backup. We don't have a single on on the current roster and after we resign Lin we will have 1. Even if he was a complete scrub (not saying he is) he would be one of the most important players on the team.

That said, I voted no b/c Melo is still the most important. He is now the leader of this team. It may not have been solidified at the beginning of the season, especially with the lockout, but Melo needs to grab the bull by both horns. And yes, Stat needs is very important. I hope he is mature enough (i believe he is) to not only let Melo lead, but take an honest look at his game and work on the gaps, i.e. jumpshot, post, defense, defense, defense!

vCash
    Dude I went to 2 of his games at the garden including the Lakers game when he out played kobe .. and watch every game .. he isn't that good .. he is just running that high.. u guys think he is an all star .. he was playing dantoni offense with a hot crowd and players around him ... Lin would be very good .. but u **** think he is a top 10 players at his position .. where he is not

vCash
    Ok post D'antoni era .. remember they Knicks were at a high and won 5 straight

Lins stats
    28.1 min per
    13.3 ppg
    4.0 reb
    5.4 assists
    3.7 turnovers
    42.9 fg %
    29% 3fg%

And the Knicks went 12-5 without him

We just need a pg who can hit Open 3 pointers and penetrate a lil and run a little pick n roll

vCash
    He has to elevate his defense at least as much as Melo has. He needs to knock down the jumper like he was 2 years ago. Then, he needs to be traded for depth and support around Melo, Chandler, Lin.

vCash
    Amare is second most important.. melo is first as the best player

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast