Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should Laettner Make The HOF?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. He has one of the best collegiate careers ever.

2 16.67%
  • No. He was average at best in the NBA.

10 83.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash

Is Christian Laettner a HOFer?

I know that technically he is already in the HOF because the Dream Team is in the HOF, but does anybody think that he will get into the HOF based on his individual performance? I realize that his NBA career was average at best, but he is one of very few players to have won an NCAA title, an NBA title and an Olympic gold medal, and on top of all that he had was on the best collegiate careers of all time, with back-to-back NCAA titles. There are other players who have had average NBA careers but have made the HOF based on their collegiate careers, David Thompson comes to mind, though it could certainly be argued that he had a better NBA career than Laettner.

So what do you guys think? Is a collegiate career as impressive as Laettner, coupled with his international play on the dream team, and the fact that he is one of very few players to have won at every level enough to get Laettner into the HOF?
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Well, the 92 dream team already got inducted 2 yrs ago, and he happened to be on the team, so he got lucky.

But individually, even with his Duke days, I say no.

vCash
    Who?

vCash
    The NBA HOF is the players who had stellar NBA careers. Christian Laettner did not. He was an absolute stud in college, but the college game and pro game are vastly different. Your college credentials to not carry over into NBA HOF consideration. Laettner was a journeyman in the NBA and in his best season was an All-Star reserve.

EDIT: I'm sorry I did not know there was one HOF that combined HS, college, and NBA basketball all together. In that sense, Christian Laettner is definitely a HOF'er, but only for college, not the NBA.
    Last edited by davids22; 06-17-2012 at 05:38 PM.
    A message to Lebron haters

Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24
    I wasted too much of my time rooting against other superstars, and started the LeBron era hating him too. I'm glad I got over this, because I think he is unlike anything the game has ever seen...and to be robbed of enjoying that because I hate his greatness would be awful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by davids22 View Post
    The NBA HOF is the players who had stellar NBA careers. Christian Laettner did not. He was an absolute stud in college, but the college game and pro game are vastly different. Your college credentials to not carry over into NBA HOF consideration. Laettner was a journeyman in the NBA and in his best season was an All-Star reserve.
    I like your sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by davids22:22554329
    To bad its not only the NBA hof and its the naismith memorial basketball hof

He may be inducted into the basketball HOF as a college player but to put him in the basketball hof because of his nba career (minus dream team) is an insult to most NBA players who played in the league

First Sim League Title!

vCash
    Best sig ever, so true!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by riveramk2 View Post
    To bad its not only the NBA hof and its the naismith memorial basketball hof

He may be inducted into the basketball HOF as a college player but to put him in the basketball hof because of his nba career (minus dream team) is an insult to most NBA players who played in the league
    Oh, sorry. Didn't know there was only one joint HOF for basketball. In that case, yes he's a lock HOF'er for college, but in no way should it be for the NBA.

I wasted too much of my time rooting against other superstars, and started the LeBron era hating him too. I'm glad I got over this, because I think he is unlike anything the game has ever seen...and to be robbed of enjoying that because I hate his greatness would be awful.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    There's isn't an "NBA HOF". It's the naithsmith HOF, and it includes international, NBA and collegiate players. Keep in mind, there are officials who've only officiated in teh NCAA in the HOF and coaches who have only coached high school in the HOF. The scope of the Naismith HOF is MUCH broader than the NBA.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012 View Post
    Best sig ever, so true!
    Hahaha I had a good laugh when I saw it. Got it off the NBA subreddit on reddit.com. It's from an old episode of "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" where Colton is jealous of Will being the star on the team, so he steals the last shot from him and chucks it up.

vCash
    No

AAL: Matthew "all he does is throw jump balls" Stafford

vCash
    Hahaha I had a good laugh when I saw it. Got it off the NBA subreddit on reddit.com. It's from an old episode of "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" where Colton is jealous of Will being the star on the team, so he steals the last shot from him and chucks it up.
    Carlton*

AAL: Matthew "all he does is throw jump balls" Stafford

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    I know that technically he is already in the HOF because the Dream Team is in the HOF, but does anybody think that he will get into the HOF based on his individual performance? I realize that his NBA career was average at best, but he is one of very few players to have won an NCAA title, an NBA title and an Olympic gold medal, and on top of all that he had was on the best collegiate careers of all time, with back-to-back NCAA titles. There are other players who have had average NBA careers but have made the HOF based on their collegiate careers, David Thompson comes to mind, though it could certainly be argued that he had a better NBA career than Laettner.

So what do you guys think? Is a collegiate career as impressive as Laettner, coupled with his international play on the dream team, and the fact that he is one of very few players to have won at every level enough to get Laettner into the HOF?
    no
    Die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys and New York Knicks fan.

vCash
    Yeah I know. And it's fitting that WestBrook is short like Carlton and KD is tall like Will Smith.

vCash
    Sure why not

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast