Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ohreally View Post
    Robinson was in no way better than Ewing, Ewing was way better both offensively and defensively. Stats do lie. And until Hakeem actually won the title, the argument over whether Ewing or Hakeem was the better center was completely open, and I think Ewing actually had the nod. You're all tripping if you think that Robinson was better. And I would say Hakeem being on NY and Ewing on Houston would not have changed the outcome, if NY even made the finals. Ewing WAS NY's defense in 4th quarters, and Ewing was severely hampered on the defensive end by being called for fouls on blocks that neithe Hakeem nor "the Admiral" we're ever called for. Yes I'm a NY fan, but this is the real reality people.
    I may have jumped the gun a bit, but I would still take Hakeem over Ewing in 92'. It's debatable though, considering Ewing was in his prime in 92'. Trying to remember stuff from 92' just makes me feel old..

vCash
    David robinson scored 71 points in a gome once......

just sayin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ohreally View Post
    Robinson was in no way better than Ewing, Ewing was way better both offensively and defensively. Stats do lie. And until Hakeem actually won the title, the argument over whether Ewing or Hakeem was the better center was completely open, and I think Ewing actually had the nod. You're all tripping if you think that Robinson was better. And I would say Hakeem being on NY and Ewing on Houston would not have changed the outcome, if NY even made the finals. Ewing WAS NY's defense in 4th quarters, and Ewing was severely hampered on the defensive end by being called for fouls on blocks that neithe Hakeem nor "the Admiral" we're ever called for. Yes I'm a NY fan, but this is the real reality people.
    David Robinson would've esten Patrick Ewing for lunch man.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    Hakeem was better than both. but he should have gone in instead of CL. Robinson and Ewing both deserved to be there. man, 12 roster spots and 12 hall of famers if the Dream was on the team. wow! you will never see a team like that again imo.

vCash
    Personally I'd take Robinson over both in 92.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    I'll be the first to admit that Hakeem had a better career than both and proved his superiority to the world in his 94 and 95 title runs. However, in 92 it's not nearly the slam dunk some of you are making it out to be. Ewing had just averaged 27ppg / 11rpg / 3bpg and was at the peak of his powers. Robinson in his 2nd season had just averaged 26ppg / 13rpg / 4bpg. They were both more than deserving of making the Dream Team at that specific time.

vCash
    Dream easily over both of them, but of the 3, Ewing is the clear odd man out
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Dream easily over both of them, but of the 3, Ewing is the clear odd man out
    Overall I agree, but in 1992 do you think you can say this is accurate?
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12