No surprise hear, but I'm going with the Seahawks. There's no doubt in my mind that the 49ers will be just as vicious as last year on defense, but hear me out. Here are 3 reasons why the 49ers will not repeat last years season.
1. +26 Turnover ratio- This is a great stat, but it's not sustainable. +26 is insane. Teams will begin to tighten up this year, and not take so many chances. This stat will not repeat itself.
2. Record Breaking Field Goals- David Akers made 44 field goals last year. He's more than capable of kicking that many this year too, but that's a ridiculous amount of field goals. They will need to score more TD's this season. Plain and simple.
3. Alex Smith- You can surround Alex Smith with the best WR's in the NFL, he's still going to be Alex Smith. Randy Moss to me was one of the most overrated signings of the off-season. I think Randy has still got it, but he needs a QB with a better arm to utilize his speed. Alex Smith looked good against a weak Saints defense, but besides that, was mediocre at best throughout the season. I don't see Alex Smith all of a sudden showing some drastic improvement at QB.
Here are 3 reasons why the Seahawks will win the Division.
1. Matt Flynn- The Seahawks now have the best QB in the division (Sam Bradford will be in a year or 2). If everything goes right (and ugghhh it never does) the Seahawks should have the most dynamic passing game in the NFC west.
2. Best secondary in the NFL- Remember these names if you don't already know. Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor, Richard Sherman, Brandon Browner, Marcust Trufant, and Walter Thurmond. This secondary is tall, and fast. The Seahawks are facing a lot of pass heavy teams this year, and I believe their unique approach to defense will prove troublesome to pass heavy teams. They'll need Chris Clemons to create some pass rush though (sigh).
3. Beast mode- Who was the one running back to get a TD against the 49ers defense last year? Beast Mode.
There are my reason. To be honest I think it'll be a very close and exciting division. I'm obviously biased as hell, but either way I want people to know that this division isn't as one sided as people think!
What do you guys think?