Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Reports are that Schultz wants to play in Canada. Hearing Vancouver.
    https://twitter.com/BroadStBull/stat...07504307585024

Flyers beat writer for Philadelphia Inquirer.
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    ^God I hope so.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Was Schultz drafted by Burke?
    Drafted by him in 2008 I believe but wouldn't sign with him, like Umberger and Schaefer before him.

vCash
    Latest update:

Some NHL teams believe Schultz is destined to end up with his home province Canucks. We should know more in next few days if not sooner.
    https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/s...27963184484352
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    #canucks‬ sent big group (including Gillis, Gilman, Vigneault) to Toronto in an effort to woo FA Justin Shultz. Met with young d-man today.
    https://twitter.com/sportsnetmurph/s...26244364029952

Here's what I'd say: Playing for home team, first unit PP, play in top 4 with Edler. Good chance for wins.
    #3in5

<3

vCash
    Personally, I hate saying it, but Edmonton should be the most attractive landing spot for him. Edmonton has the ability to get him on 1st pairing, has an elite group of young forwards around him that should translate into potential Cup runs in a few years and for potentially several years to come. If he comes to us, he wont be a 1st pairing guy, however he has a real chance to win a Cup now, but with the aging Sedin brothers, and lack of offensive firepower, there is a lot of uncertainty about Vancouver in a few years. But if I was an FA d-man, under the age of 25, choosing between Vancouver, Edmonton, Toronto, then Edmonton would seem to be the most attractive team long term. Short term it's Vancouver if he cares more about winning than being a 1st pair guy though.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash

Justin Schultz will sign with VAN, EDM, or TOR...

Good synopsis. Edmonton looks like a powerhouse on the rise.

vCash
    Sad to say Edmonton is going to rule our division soon enough. No more easy division titles in a couple years.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Sports is cyclical. Edmonton will have their run like how we had ours, then we'll have to make our move back up.
    #3in5

<3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    Personally, I hate saying it, but Edmonton should be the most attractive landing spot for him. Edmonton has the ability to get him on 1st pairing, has an elite group of young forwards around him that should translate into potential Cup runs in a few years and for potentially several years to come. If he comes to us, he wont be a 1st pairing guy, however he has a real chance to win a Cup now, but with the aging Sedin brothers, and lack of offensive firepower, there is a lot of uncertainty about Vancouver in a few years. But if I was an FA d-man, under the age of 25, choosing between Vancouver, Edmonton, Toronto, then Edmonton would seem to be the most attractive team long term. Short term it's Vancouver if he cares more about winning than being a 1st pair guy though.
    If he wants to win, coming into Vancouver where he can realistically have a top four role is not unfounded. Edmonton might be attractive because he'd be the 1st defensemen depending on Klefbom. I still see Vancouver ending up here with the win. Edler - Hamhuis, Bieksa - Schultz is a nucleus that can improve. With the 5 slot to Ballard and the last to anyone who we add or keep. Alberts, Rome w/e.

vCash
    Sad to say Edmonton is going to rule our division soon enough. No more easy division titles in a couple years.
    They have no goal tending and unless they get returns on some players they have high bust types. I love Magnus Svensson but he doesn't fit with them. Taylor Hall is not staying healthy and their defense is a mess. I don't really see that at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkGawdofWalkz View Post
    If he wants to win, coming into Vancouver where he can realistically have a top four role is not unfounded. Edmonton might be attractive because he'd be the 1st defensemen depending on Klefbom. I still see Vancouver ending up here with the win. Edler - Hamhuis, Bieksa - Schultz is a nucleus that can improve. With the 5 slot to Ballard and the last to anyone who we add or keep. Alberts, Rome w/e.
    Why would we split up Bieksa and Hamhuis? They were among the best top pairings in Hockey last season. A combined +41, and two guys who can play huge minutes. Personally, I am praying the new CBA gives an amnesty clause like the NBA got and we can straight up amnesty Ballard.

Bieksa-Hamhuis
    Schultz-Edler
    Tanev-Salo (if re-signed. Otherwise maybe Connauton?)

I know some of you don't like Tanev that much, but the kid knows how to play defense. I know he adds about nothing on offense, but he is really smart and really talented in his own zone. He better be on this team next season.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    I'll believe it when I see it. Just because they got the top picks for a few years doesn't mean anything. Lots of upside and potential but that's about it. Take a look at the NHL draft and take a look at the top picks. Not all of them become great...some aren't even legit NHLers. Add to that, Edmonton doesn't spend a lot on free agents and isn't a big market team. I think Schultz is nuts to go there. Vancouver seems like an easy front runner. Willing to spend to the cap, top notch organization and wanting to win all the time.

There are no guarantees with draft picks so a team has to be willing to spend if the picks don't develop. Edmonton has tons of potential but that doesn't always work out.

vCash
    The Canucks are in the running, along with Edmonton, Toronto, Ottawa and the Rangers (Wings, Flyers and Hawks are out)

Edmonton has a ton of young talent, but they're being overplayed and now the injuries are setting in. Also, I almost expect that some of those young guys will be looking elsewhere to play in coming years, seems to happen in Edmonton. I could see some of that movement come after another season of no playoffs. I mean really, will Dubnyk take them to the promiseland? Not only that, how will the Oilers manage to pay all of those young guns when they start asking for crazy raises?

Shultz is a young guy, who could potentially start his NHL career with Vancouver, win a Cup and then play elsewhere years down the road. It would be risky to put all his eggs in the Edmontion basket.

I love Tanev too, and I really hope he's full-time this year with the big club. I like thiose D-man pairings BlueJayFanDan.

vCash
    Why would we split up Bieksa and Hamhuis? They were among the best top pairings in Hockey last season. A combined +41, and two guys who can play huge minutes. Personally, I am praying the new CBA gives an amnesty clause like the NBA got and we can straight up amnesty Ballard.

Bieksa-Hamhuis
    Schultz-Edler
    Tanev-Salo (if re-signed. Otherwise maybe Connauton?)

I know some of you don't like Tanev that much, but the kid knows how to play defense. I know he adds about nothing on offense, but he is really smart and really talented in his own zone. He better be on this team next season.
    That's fine. I don't think Edler - Schultz makes much sense at all IMO. But, that's still a great top 4. As long as I don't have to look at Gragnani burning Rome (the sequel). I will be fine on the bottom pair.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast