Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Justin Schultz will sign with VAN, EDM, or TOR... -- Schultz picks EDM

#Badgers‬ D-man and former ‪#Ducks‬ draft pick Justin Schultz is expected to sign with a Canadien club ‪#Leafs‬ ‪#Canucks‬ or ‪#Oilers
    https://twitter.com/andystrickland/s...32403670298624

"We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Awesome. 1 in 3 chance. I like those odds to some extent.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    The good: in the final 3 teams

The bad: one of the other teams I hate, and the other is a division rival

vCash
    If we did get him we could put the Garrison money elsewhere.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    That + dump Ballard = 2nd line forward

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    If we get him and can dump Balls then we can still take a shot at Garrison. I wouldn't mind Prust for our 3rd line.

vCash
    He's from BC. We have to be at the top of his list. Come home Schultz!
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Any updates in this front?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    The good: in the final 3 teams

The bad: one of the other teams I hate, and the other is a division rival
    Why do most Canuck fans hate the Leafs? I don't really resent the Canucks that much. Just curiosity on my part?

Still, this is good news for the Canucks and the Leafs and the Oilers. He is highly touted but we will see if he's overhyped

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrice9 View Post
    Why do most Canuck fans hate the Leafs? I don't really resent the Canucks that much. Just curiosity on my part?

Still, this is good news for the Canucks and the Leafs and the Oilers. He is highly touted but we will see if he's overhyped
    I don't. In fact when I went to university in Toronto I cheered for the Leafs and went to a lot of their games. It's Burke I have a problem with because of my frustration with him and Nonis when they were here.

The last time the Leafs were fun to cheer for was when Gilmour played for them and a lot of people here never saw that team.

I don't want Gillis to deal with Burke because he needs to get out from under Burke's shadow and make this his own team. Taking back Burke's players just re-enforces the point that Gillis has never made this his own team.

Anyway, if we can get Schultz that will be fantastic. I still think we are desperate for wingers on the second line.
    Last edited by ink; 06-23-2012 at 08:43 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    I don't. In fact when I went to university in Toronto I cheered for the Leafs and went to a lot of their games. It's Burke I have a problem with because of my frustration with him and Nonis when they were here.

The last time the Leafs were fun to cheer for was when Gilmour played for them and a lot of people here never saw that team.

I don't want Gillis to deal with Burke because he needs to get out from under Burke's shadow and make this his own team. Taking back Burke's players just re-enforces the point that Gillis has never made this his own team.

Anyway, if we can get Schultz that will be fantastic. I still think we are desperate for wingers on the second line.
    We'll have to disagree on the Burke and Nonis era in Vancouver. I would have to say they did alot of good for that team and had alot of success. We'll also disagree on the foundation of this team.

The Gilmour team was great but the Leafs have had good or even great teams since then including some of the teams of the late 1990's and some of the early 2000's its been a struggle since then obviously.

This whole Burke shadow thing is wrong imo. it doesnt matter about Burke's shadow in a deal but about getting the best possible players. If Florida's package is worse than Toronto's, Vancouver should take Burke's players

vCash
    I don't hate the leafs it just a fun rivalry. I would ask the same question to leafs fans. My favorite line of all time was Corson-Tucker-Roberts. I just miss the old leafs, the teams that always had the icon that is Wendy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrice9 View Post
    We'll have to disagree on the Burke and Nonis era in Vancouver. I would have to say they did alot of good for that team and had alot of success. We'll also disagree on the foundation of this team.

The Gilmour team was great but the Leafs have had good or even great teams since then including some of the teams of the late 1990's and some of the early 2000's its been a struggle since then obviously.

This whole Burke shadow thing is wrong imo. it doesnt matter about Burke's shadow in a deal but about getting the best possible players. If Florida's package is worse than Toronto's, Vancouver should take Burke's players
    Remember, most of the success Burke enjoyed in Vancouver had to do with players he inherited from Pat Quinn and Mike Keenan too. As for this team's foundation, they are just good enough to raise expectations but not good enough to win a Cup.

I have to admit that another big factor in my opinion about Brian Burke is my disgust over the Bertuzzi incident. If you watched the Canucks closely at that time you would have seen that Burke's aggressive, abrasive style established a culture that created the ugly incident. The fact that he has never owned any part in the disgrace seriously colours my opinion of him. He also established the careers of several of the NHLs rats -- Ruutu, Cooke, and even Burrows and Kesler, who were brought into the league as bottom 6 rats by Burke and Crawford. The whole experience just leaves a bad taste in your mouth.
    Last edited by ink; 06-23-2012 at 09:49 PM.

vCash
    I agree with ink. He never seemed to be able to get the right pieces for us. The Sedins were really the only good thing he did. He drafted very poorly and to be honest Nonis did more for the club in the short time he was here. Imagine if Luc was still with us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifer View Post
    I agree with ink. He never seemed to be able to get the right pieces for us. The Sedins were really the only good thing he did. He drafted very poorly and to be honest Nonis did more for the club in the short time he was here. Imagine if Luc was still with us.
    Totally agree about Luc. What a blow that was to the organization ... and still is. I compare that loss to Philly's loss of Pelle Lindbergh, who left a void in goal that the Flyers have never really replaced.

Also agree about Nonis, though I didn't like him overall. His home run with Luongo is basically the reason why this franchise has 7 x 100+ point seasons in a row.

And yes, the Sedins were an awesome draft day coup, but many of his other picks and moves were average or never turned into NHLers. Sadly I don't think Gillis is doing much better. I'm starting to think that other GMs think of Vancouver as a good dumping ground for salaries. Tallon has dumped two overpaid average players on us and Burke is reportedly trying to dump an overpaid Komisarek on us. That's a pretty terrible fiscal record for MG.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast