Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    homer needs a job with the wings to scour the earth to find a kid who does what he does best.
    Last edited by westhockeytown; 01-08-2013 at 06:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    No I dont think Gus takes his place since Homer was kind of a fill in 15 min a night guy. I could see Mursak doing it though. He lit it up in Europe and has regained confidence. Im holding back but if his scoring translates he could be a huge surprise in a shortened season.
    gus is doing well in GR though.

vCash
    Yes but its a different role. Gus needs a top 6 role for him to be effective. Homer was not getting those minutes very consistently at all. I mean occasionally he would get time on the third line, and occasionally PP time. Mursak is a better skater then Gus, Mursak will probably be the best skater on the team besides Helm (even maybe better or same as) so he can fill a third line role or grinding and speed to wear out other tops lines while providing maybe average to above average third line scoring (If his scoring translates and he doesnt get hurt again). Remember this was the role we all, including Detroit management, thought he would be in last year before his ankle injury.

So in reality it doesnt have anything to do with how well Gus is playing, because I think Gus makes our Top 6 anyways, its more about role filling and Mursak fills the role of a third/4th line player much better then Gus.

vCash
    Let me rephrase something I said though, Mursak last year before his injury was just as fast and just as good of skater as Helm, I have not seen him skate since his injury.

vCash
    Yes but it's a log jam for top six right now, I'm only saying Gus takes a permenent spot on the roster, not plant himself in front of the net on PPs and take his spot on 4th line.

vCash
    I just am very confused about our top 6 this year training camp needs to come and we need the season to start to see. Pasha-Z-Flipper-Mule are definitely top 6 but Bert, Cleary, Brunner, Gus and Sammy are all fighting for that 5th and 6th spot. Brunner or Gus have to get those two spots or they will be in GR.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12