Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Kyrie's take on Bill Simmons.

Kyrie Irving ‏@KyrieIrving
    Never played or coached a game but a so called expert at observing the game, huh?

Kyrie Irving ‏@KyrieIrving
    No shots fired everybody lol relax just a thought

(i included the 2nd tweet to show there was no malicious intent behind the first one.)

haha if thats how he feels towards bill simmons, i could only imagine how he'd feel about PSD posters.

But these tweets by Kryie do spark an interesting question. Whats is your guys opinion on things like this? Is playing basketball/coaching it required in order to have a respected opinion in basketball? Or is knowledge of the game enough to warrant said respect?

vCash
    Come to la

vCash
    People who only have knowledge of the game don't understand what happens on the floor and how the games moves when you're actually involved in it. Depending on the individual I can respect their knowledge of the game but it still doesn't mean that they fully understand what is happening all of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post

The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

vCash
    Not every expert can be a former player. TBH I would rather listen to BS talk than say a player like JR Smith talk about the NBA.

vCash
    Bill Simmons = Skip Bayless (in reverse). Both entertaining and both good at chucking "BS" in highlighted forums.

Smoke 'em if you've got 'em

vCash
    Bill Simmons sounds like a 8th grade schoolgirl when he talks.

vCash
    I find it funny that any player thinks that someone who was not able to reach that level, despite spending more time then that player ever did researching the game, thinks the analysts opinion is not valid.

The best minds in basketball many times are short, fat, bald dudes who studied the sport as an education. Not everyone can be 6 foot whatever, with ridiculous athletic ability.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Kyrie>>>>>>

vCash
    whos bill simmons again is he the stat nerd or is that hollinger?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I find it funny that any player thinks that someone who was not able to reach that level, despite spending more time then that player ever did researching the game, thinks the analysts opinion is not valid.

The best minds in basketball many times are short, fat, bald dudes who studied the sport as an education. Not everyone can be 6 foot whatever, with ridiculous athletic ability.
    Yes that's all and good when your referring to the likes of Hollinger who doesn't play into homerism and journalistic storytelling like Simmons.

Smoke 'em if you've got 'em

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    Yes that's all and good when your referring to the likes of Hollinger who doesn't play into homerism and journalistic storytelling like Simmons.
    point stands. Name me the best GM's in the game. Many of them never got beyond playing in some tiny college, if that.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Simmons gushes about Kyrie, too bad Kyrie feels that way. How come no comment on Wilbon?

vCash
    point stands. Name me the best GM's in the game. Many of them never got beyond playing in some tiny college, if that.
    That Jerry West gm guy was pretty good wasn't he? What about Danny Ainge or Pat Reilly? Chris Mullin? Kiki? Nonsense.
    THE GOAT

Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.

The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

vCash

Exactly....Bill Simmons is also really awesome, Grantland is solid.

PS: I personally believe players look pretty stupid when they believe you needed to play in the league to evaluate anything.

vCash
    Bill Simmons is the ultimate PSD poster. If you don't respect his opinion on basketball than you are essentially saying that nobody on earth who hasn't either played or coached in the NBA knows the game. That's BS (pun not intended). Simmons knows his ****.
    We're better than you
    And we know it

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast